Contribute
Register

[Success-ish] i7 4790K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950, Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI - El Capitan 10.11.2, Clover Unib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55MXV > Need Make & Model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3 > Need Model > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 285
Hi there, second build and first time contributing here. First build now El Capitan'd and sold to a friend. Entered into this newer build gung-ho and realised that perhaps the official compatibility list is skewed toward using us as guinea pigs... so kudos to that if it's the case. Hope this contribution is useful!

Components

• i7 4790K
    [*]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
    [*]Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI - El Capitan 10.11.2
    [*]Corsair RM550

No case yet but hoping to build into a Lian Li PC-TU100 or TU200

Pre-install

Had problems using 32GB Kingston Datatraveller - installed on a smaller partition (ie. 8-10GB).

BIOS Settings

All the usual ones laid out in the Unibeast guide.

OSX Installation

nv_disable=1 cpus=1 -k boot flags, DO NOT use migration assistant

Post Install

Multibeast options:

• Multibeast > Drivers > Audio > ALC892
  • Multibeast > Drivers > Misc > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
  • Multibeast > Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Multibeast > Customize > Mac Pro 5,1 - helps fix CPU and GPU issues

SSDT was generated through ssdtPRGen - fixed all CPU power management issues. In the App Store upgraded to 10.11.2 and restarted with nv_disable=1, then downloaded and installed latest NVIDIA GeForce web drivers.

Used Clover Configurator (mount EFI and open config.plist) to make sure Inject NVIDIA is disabled and nvda_drv=1 is enabled. Rebooted, and read on...

Issues

GTX 950 port issues:

• DisplayPort will only work if unplugged and plugged back in after the boot sequence
  • HDMI works fine and in tandem with DisplayPort for dual monitors.
  • DVI causes panic and reboot

WIFI not working but this is a known issue
Bluetooth working fine, but with a niggling personal annoyance - I have a bluetooth speaker called a MINIRIG, which worked fine prior to changing my Home directory and installing an audio virtualisation tool called Soundflower. Since doing this, it connects to bluetooth fine but does not show up in the systems list of audio outputs

Last edited by a moderator:
Any help re. the bluetooth issue would be hugely appreciated!

*[Success-ish] i7 4790K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950, Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI - El Capitan 10.11.2, Clover Unibeast

Thanks for sharing your experience with the GTX 950. I just installed one using DVI and was looking for advice about the KP. Looks like I'll be using HDMI for a bit.

Using Gigabyte z77 ds3h Intel i7 3770k and evga geforce GTX 950

Did the same procedure but when i try to boot from hd (with nvda_drv=1) pops this message DSC_0175.jpg

any help?

Tried to boot with nv_disable=1 and the same message, doest boot =((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back