Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel NUC8I5BEH Opencore 6.1 + working Thunderbolt hot-plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Went through the process and it worked. Only difference was, that it took about 30 minutes to backup the original firmware. I now have a Apple Inc. Thunderbolt device in system report with firmware version 33. So far, so good. Thank you @micsell and @manoj.admlab

Unfortunately the HP Z27n G2 monitor attached via a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Adapter is not recognized yet.

Anyone knows, which additional steps need to be done, to have a working display output via USB-C/thunderbolt ?

Cheers

sleep is not working for me also, I have NUC8i7BEH
Thank you, mine is also a NUC8i7BEH running BigSur 11.1 with OC .6.4 , is so close! is so frustrating to get a restart losing everything when sleep, I don't want to have an always on computer, If I removed just the SSDT-TbtOnPCH.aml and the sleep/wake works great again but without the TB functionality.

Ok. Went through the process and it worked. Only difference was, that it took about 30 minutes to backup the original firmware. I now have a Apple Inc. Thunderbolt device in system report with firmware version 33. So far, so good. Thank you @micsell and @manoj.admlab

Unfortunately the HP Z27n G2 monitor attached via a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Adapter is not recognized yet.

Anyone knows, which additional steps need to be done, to have a working display output via USB-C/thunderbolt ?
This is a serious issue for me, as I am only using USB-C to miniDP for my Dell 27" QWHD monitor.
I would only flash the TB firmware to make everything more compatible but losing monitor connection is a show-stopper for me... Are you still loading the needed SSDT for Thunderbolt, mate?
Thanks for posting your find.

Hi.I have a intel nuc 7i5bnh and im trying to make usb io and camera on my thunderbolt display to work..The thunderbolt display is recognised and i have bios image.when i go in system report i dont see any controller at thunderbolt section...can you tell me please how to do it ?thanks

Hi im using NUC10i5FNH and attempt to replace with this EFI content but stuck with apple logo on booting, mind telling me what file(s) in the OC that i need to change to make it work in NUC10? Thanks.

hi, I'm starting Intel NUC10 I7 with dual monitors Monitor 1: HDMI Monitor 2: thunderbolt when the computer starts with two monitors, I get a green screen on one monitor and the second one does not start and I have to forcefully shut down the pc if instead I connect the second monitor after it works. I have attached my editorial folder, the rest works perfectly

Attachments

• EFI NUCi7.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 128
hi, I'm starting Intel NUC10 I7 with dual monitors Monitor 1: HDMI Monitor 2: thunderbolt when the computer starts with two monitors, I get a green screen on one monitor and the second one does not start and I have to forcefully shut down the pc if instead I connect the second monitor after it works. I have attached my editorial folder, the rest works perfectly
I tried your EFI, Sound is working but WIFI is not. Have you tried to flash the tB3 chip using this method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back