Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600k, HD3000, ML 10.8.2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying for a long time to get my DH67CL to install OS X. I have made the flash drive multiple times with different flash drives. I have tried L, SL, Lion, ML, and now Mavericks. I have had no luck installing except for SL, but no matter what. SL would never boot. Any ideas?

I could never get SL to work quite right. It works... boots fine... but the screen is black. To fix it, you must sleep the computer (press the power button), then wake it up. Then the display is active. You'll have better results with Lion/ML/Mavericks.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a weird bug I guess happening this whole time. I always followed guides to the T. I kept adding Multibeast to my drives. This is my first successful install. I used unibeast and didn't put Multibeast on the drive and now it is working perfect.

That is not really a permanent solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Install went perfect, your DSDT and SDST guide part causes kernel panics. Everything seems to be working except it can't play Videos or MP3s. Says error -101 so I'm running DH67CL with the stock DSDT and Multibeast drivers and it works other than that so far and got to add my graphics card info to my dsdt. Any ideas?

Without seeing the actual KP, I can't offer any advice.

Hi, I have a DH67BL mobo with an intel i5 2500k sandy bridge CPU, and I created a Unibeast flash drive, followed your step by step guide, attempting it multiple times, and always get stuck on step 15, when trying to boot into the OS X desktop after completing the install & after installing multibeast, doing terminal commands, etc..

I'm trying to install Mavericks (the flash drive is prepared with Unibeast Mavericks), so it's not 10.8 like your guide but idk if that makes a difference?

Anyway, using the onboard graphics just for now (HD3000), w/ HDMI output to 1080p monitor. BIOS is up to date, multibeast is up to date.

Here's my process:

1. Boot the unibeast flashdrive using bios boot menu
2. Install Mavericks, when asked to reboot, I reboot and boot from the flashdrive again, but this time choose the hard drive and not unibeast. (http://gyazo.com/b50af95b27baf82f8b0a33b8d91a7ab2)
3. I set up the mac, enter the desktop successfully, drag out all of the required files onto the desktop from the flashdrive.
4. Turn off the "extra security"
5. Patch the System DSDT with the dh67gd.txt provided, and save it on the desktop as dsdt.aml
6. Generate SSDT, enter my CPU specs, and save as ssdt.aml on the desktop.
7. Enter the first set of terminal commands (http://gyazo.com/54d1633e7501e771518696d3daa8404e)
8. Open multibeast, and install everything on the list in step 13. (FakeSMC v5.3.820, patched applecpupowermanagement for os x 10.9 (http://gyazo.com/c0f8530106c8076387eb4865799949ce), chimera v2.2.1, and all the others)
9. Enter the next two terminal commands (dsdt and ssdt into /extra)
10. Reboot, and boot into my hard drive, instead of the usb drive this time.
-I get this error: http://gyazo.com/1701186155a79a77aebc66e1a149512b because my hard drive is 1tb and in 4k sections.
11. I reboot back into the usb drive into unibeast, and unmount my hard drive, and enter the following into the terminal: diskutil list
dd if=/Volumes/UniBeastDriveNameHere/usr/st*andalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

12. This fixes the problem, and once I attempt to reboot back into the hard drive into OS X Mavericks, the chimera booter appears, I select my hard drive, and eventually goes into kernel panic. This is where I'm stuck and no matter everywhere I look and everything I try, I cannot manage to boot back into the desktop...

I took some pictures of the KP using -v -f bootflags, here they are.

http://gyazo.com/83ad4fa09e4e934a5312402243300a76 - where the text stops/freezes in -v (seems there's errors at the bottom, how do I fix this?)

http://gyazo.com/a7c13946202c0f3c7ef5bf82c90b6952 - The KP & the error above.

Any suggestions? Please help, I need this working ASAP, thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my BIOS is in UEFI mode, with AHCI enabled in the SATA configuration. I've unplugged my other HDDs (with windows installed) and only have this 1tb one in at the moment, which I intend to install Mavericks on.

EDIT: Fixed. Was able to get passed the second boot. Was simply entering my ssdt information wrong.

Sir. Where is teh SSDT for the motherboard I am unable to find it

Sir. Where is teh SSDT for the motherboard I am unable to find it

SSDT is not related to motherboard (DSDT is related to motherboard), but rather specific to your CPU. You should generate one specifically for your CPU. DSDT should be patched from your native DSDT.

Both topics are covered in the guide in this thread. Please read it.

Kernel Panic

Hi @RehabMan
I have a problem.
When I boot from USB to install ML on a Intel DH67CL (integrated video), I get a screen PK.
I have to use some "Optional Boot Arguments"?
or Should I boot without any "Optional Boot Arguments"? ...maybe there is something wrong with the BIOS settings.
Thank You.

Update:
This is my error:
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI - link failed
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI failed to load (0xdc008016)
Failed to load kext com.appl.driver.AppleUSBXHCI (error 0xdc008016)
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

Update:
Success!
Use the flag "PCIRootUID=0" for installation.
Now, What Next?...

Update:
I did not succeed.
It installs fine, but when loaded to set up, does not pass the gray screen with the spinning pinwheel.

Hi, I've been using this page + your DH67 Git + Google to fix the DSDT for my Intel DQ67SW mobo + i7-2600 + PCIe Graphics card.
I've got nearly everthing working well on my 10.8.5 machine, except it seems to take 1m20s to go to sleep.
The screen blanks, straight away, but there's a long delay berfore the cpu fan stops and the sleep LED starts blinking.
You mentioned that you found a Spurious PS2 reference in PrepareToSleep on your DH67 mobo, but there is none on mine.
I wonder if you can help me trace the hold up ?

thanks

Hi! I come back again!

I have two issues:
In last year I format my 1 TB hard disk with my Mountain Lion 10.8.4 twice without problems. Some months ago I changed it and I started to use a 240gb SSD disk with Mountain Lion without problems but one day I get a notification telling me that my SSD is full. Before clean my SSD I realise that without doing nothing my hard disk increase slowly. I restarted it I recovered some space but not the same...always a little more of used disk. I used in terminal this and I recover more space but using last terminal code the used disk grows more:

sudo rm -rf /private/var/log/*

sudo rm -rf /private/var/folders/

cd /private/var/tmp/; rm -rf TM*

cd ~/Library/Caches/; rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/*

Later I try to instal Mavericks and this happen again but more slowly but when I use terminal with the same code above I get more free space...so it seems to be Ok or "better". So...I don't understand what is this. I read some threads about this in google but I didn't get any conclusion. This is like hearing a time bomb.

The second issue:

I try this guide to instal Mavericks but I don't know if it is correct. I have to use "freeze fix" with my NVIDIA card but now I get more freezes and sometimes when I restarted it something goes wrong and my computer keeps in stand by doing nothing and I have to push the restart button of my computer. I used Mavericks Multibeast but I'm not shure to check the same than ML Multibeast or use MAcias steps because I think I'm doing something wrong.

I hope I explained it well...If you don't understand something I can try to explain it better.

Regards!

Hi, RehabMan.

I was thinking of replacing my Asus H67-M with Intel DH67GD, but I have some very trivial questions:

• Which resolution does the DH67GD show at the startup stage(with BIOS logo) connecting with HDMI?
  • Which resolution does the DH67GD show at the OS X booting progress connecting via HDMI?

Thx in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back