Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel Core i9 7920X, Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming, GTX 1080 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have an older version of Clover. They will disappear after you update your bootloader.
I have version 4844. Should be the latest.

I will try your BIOS. I have version F9f, but will try to update this week. I tried it before but had major problems with it and had to go back. This system doesn't like me :D

Also.. Could you upload an updated version of your EFI? I presume things may have changed the last 6 months? I'm on 10.13.6 now btw.

Image from iOS.jpg

My EFI won't help you my friend. I've been running Mojave since the betas and do not have any HS EFI up to date.

If you are running the BIOS version F9G attached is my BIOS setup
Hahah.. I just updated to F9G... Tried to load your config.. Turns out your config was made using F9f.
I even checked the file with a hex editor to make sure.

My EFI won't help you my friend. I've been running Mojave since the betas and do not have any HS EFI up to date.
Ah.. That makes sense.

Ok.. I tried figuring out which drivers to keep in my EFI..

Are these the correct drivers for a High Sierra 10.13.6 setup you recon?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 15.14.34.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 15.14.34.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 80
I did manage eventually to get rid of the random boots, by turning off an option in the BIOS that is supposed to protect the components in the system from power surges. I can't remember what it's called, but I can check if anyone is interested

@figgy78 : could u tell me what exactly was that bios setup? i been facing the same for almost a year now without figuring out what it could be. been thinking abt replacing motherboard. already changed UPS, PSU with no luck.

thanks in advance and thanks for pointing this out.

Ok.. Just an update on my setup.
I've been a complete idiot it seems. Been following this guide since the beginning, and I just realized I don't have the exact same Motherboard :crazy:
My board is a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 board!

I did manage eventually to get rid of the random boots, by turning off an option in the BIOS that is supposed to protect the components in the system from power surges. I can't remember what it's called, but I can check if anyone is interested. Took me half a year to figure out that was the problem, and daily reboots was getting A BIT annoying.

I still can't do proper shutdowns.. The system just turns itself on again.
I can't do sleep.
Everything else is hunky dory.

According to Gigabyte's site, the difference between the two boards are:

GA x299 Gaming 7:
* Has a ES9018Q2C chip audio chip
* Has a Rivet Networks Killer™ E2500 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
* Has a "ECO" button
* 5 x audio jacks
* 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector

GA x299 Ultra Gaming:
* 6 x audio jacks

Since I have both the Audio chip and the Network chips disabled, this shouldn't make a huge difference, right?
For the boot loop thing, did you try checking FixShutdown in CC on the Acpi page? Also, I seem to recall a separate discussion about this issue on my Z370 AORUS and similar boards that have the LED lighting. I'll have to do some hunting on this, but there was one particular setting that caused some sort of conflict with the LED lighting when you have it set to stay on, even though the system is powered down. Try also disabling your LEDs....

For the boot loop thing, did you try checking FixShutdown in CC on the Acpi page? Also, I seem to recall a separate discussion about this issue on my Z370 AORUS and similar boards that have the LED lighting. I'll have to do some hunting on this, but there was one particular setting that caused some sort of conflict with the LED lighting when you have it set to stay on, even though the system is powered down. Try also disabling your LEDs....
I just updated my config.plist with the FixShutdown in Clover. Will see how it goes. Meanwhile, if @figgy78 can can find out the BIOS settings, would be nice to. Coz I got a feeling this is something about how the motherboard treats power. Hopefully, the FixShutdown fixes it.

My LED lights are all turned off.

@figgy78 : could u tell me what exactly was that bios setup?
The feature is under /Power/Power Loading.
It is described like this in BIOS:
"Power Loading: Enables or Disables Dummy Load. When the power supply is low load a self protection will activate causing it to shutdown or fail. If this occurs please set to enabled."

I don't really understand it, but it could be related to a faulty or under powered PSU.
I just disabled it and now my machine stopped rebooting randomly.

Last edited:
The feature is called "Power Loading" and I believe it is under power management?
It is described like this in BIOS:
"Power Loading: Enables or Disables Dummy Load. When the power supply is low load a self protection will activate causing it to shutdown or fail. If this occurs please set to enabled."

I don't really understand it, but it could be related to a faulty or under powered PSU.
I just disabled it and now my machine stopped rebooting randomly.

Thank you. I will disable it, and I will report back in a few days time if nothing occurs.

I appreciate it.

For the boot loop thing, did you try checking FixShutdown in CC on the Acpi page? Also, I seem to recall a separate discussion about this issue on my Z370 AORUS and similar boards that have the LED lighting.
I tried enabling FixShutdown and disabled anything LED-related. Didn't make any difference.
I still can't shutdown or sleep. Screen goes blank, the hard drive blinks for a while and then... nothing.

pmset -g assertions gives me the following output (after a reboot):

Code:
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 88(timed): [0x000009f4000182eb] 00:00:06 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.timed.ntp"
    Timeout will fire in 104 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
   pid 109(hidd): [0x0000084f000980da] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968741.3"
    Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=14/01/2019, 11:32 description=PXSX owner=GenericUSBXHCI
   id=503  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14510000 owner=Keyboard Hub
   id=505  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14530000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=507  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14531000 owner=HD Pro Webcam C920
   id=508  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14534000 owner=Texas Instruments USBtoI2C Solution
   id=509  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14533000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

I have tried removing all USB pheriperals and my WIFI and LAN card. The internal LAN's are disabled too.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back