Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel Core i9 7920X, Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming, GTX 1080 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
@figgy78 & @heyhorse. I have not crossed a single KP running High Sierra with GA X299 gaming 7 OC @ 4.5GHz . My system is running 16-18 hrs/day. The only difference with Mojave is that I encountered some KPS after putting the system to sleep ( upon wake ). Almost all of my usb ports are used with Drives, USB powered audio equipment & security locks, . I highly suspect that your encountered KPs are generated by your NVDIA GPU. Make the switch if possible. You will not regret it. (Vega 64, Vega 56 or RX580/590 ). Happy bug fixing ;).
PS : I have a 1200w PSU.

Last edited:
@figgy78 & @heyhorseI highly suspect that your encountered KPs are generated by your NVDIA GPU. Make the switch if possible. You will not regret it.
Yeah I know.. Only problem is.. I have two Titan X cards installed.. I'm not gonna replace those anytime soon. Also. My system seems more stable after upgrading to 10.13.6 and 387.10.10.10.40.108.

Yeah I know.. Only problem is.. I have two Titan X cards installed.. I'm not gonna replace those anytime soon. Also. My system seems more stable after upgrading to 10.13.6 and 387.10.10.10.40.108.
I figured, those pascal cards are pretty expensive :roll2:

Update:

Turns out my KPs were due to my system not being on the latest Bios firmware...or so I think. They seemed to have gone away after the firmware update.

The only issue I'm having now is being able both of my two monitors. Right now my workaround is booting up with my DVI connected monitor first, then plugging in the HDMI monitor. If I boot with both of my two monitors at once, then it goes to a no input screen on both monitors. No restarting though or any KPs that appear after restarting, so I think it boots up, but doesn't give video input. I'm using the Nvidia Webdriver 387.10.10.10.40.105.

Update:

Turns out my KPs were due to my system not being on the latest Bios firmware...or so I think. They seemed to have gone away after the firmware update.

The only issue I'm having now is being able both of my two monitors. Right now my workaround is booting up with my DVI connected monitor first, then plugging in the HDMI monitor. If I boot with both of my two monitors at once, then it goes to a no input screen on both monitors. No restarting though or any KPs that appear after restarting, so I think it boots up, but doesn't give video input. I'm using the Nvidia Webdriver 387.10.10.10.40.105.
Are you using Lilu.kext?

Ok.. Just an update on my setup.
I've been a complete idiot it seems. Been following this guide since the beginning, and I just realized I don't have the exact same Motherboard :crazy:
My board is a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 board!

I did manage eventually to get rid of the random boots, by turning off an option in the BIOS that is supposed to protect the components in the system from power surges. I can't remember what it's called, but I can check if anyone is interested. Took me half a year to figure out that was the problem, and daily reboots was getting A BIT annoying.

I still can't do proper shutdowns.. The system just turns itself on again.
I can't do sleep.
Everything else is hunky dory.

According to Gigabyte's site, the difference between the two boards are:

GA x299 Gaming 7:
* Has a ES9018Q2C chip audio chip
* Has a Rivet Networks Killer™ E2500 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
* Has a "ECO" button
* 5 x audio jacks
* 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector

GA x299 Ultra Gaming:
* 6 x audio jacks

Since I have both the Audio chip and the Network chips disabled, this shouldn't make a huge difference, right?

Ok.. Just an update on my setup.
I've been a complete idiot it seems. Been following this guide since the beginning, and I just realized I don't have the exact same Motherboard :crazy:
My board is a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 board!

I did manage eventually to get rid of the random boots, by turning off an option in the BIOS that is supposed to protect the components in the system from power surges. I can't remember what it's called, but I can check if anyone is interested. Took me half a year to figure out that was the problem, and daily reboots was getting A BIT annoying.

I still can't do proper shutdowns.. The system just turns itself on again.
I can't do sleep.
Everything else is hunky dory.

According to Gigabyte's site, the difference between the two boards are:

GA x299 Gaming 7:
* Has a ES9018Q2C chip audio chip
* Has a Rivet Networks Killer™ E2500 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
* Has a "ECO" button
* 5 x audio jacks
* 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector

GA x299 Ultra Gaming:
* 6 x audio jacks

Since I have both the Audio chip and the Network chips disabled, this shouldn't make a huge difference, right?
I also have the X299 GA GAMING 7. If you are running the BIOS version F9G attached is my BIOS setup (put in a USB drive, load from BIOS menu.) I'm running 4.5GHz with Air cooler. XMP Engaged. 32GB @2400Mhz. Very stable.

Attachments

• BIOS ELLY 4.5.zip
    2 KB · Views: 111
If you are running the BIOS version F9G attached is my BIOS setup
I will definitely try this.

Btw.. I finally got your old EFI to work on my machine. But I notice that I get a bunch of error messages right before Clover is loaded.. I think it's related to APFS. Do you get those?

I will definitely try this.

Btw.. I finally got your old EFI to work on my machine. But I notice that I get a bunch of error messages right before Clover is loaded.. I think it's related to APFS. Do you get those?
You have an older version of Clover. They will disappear after you update your bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back