Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel Core i9 7920X, Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming, GTX 1080 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Friend. Enjoy your vacation.

SLOC / ARPT IS @ A SPECIFIC WIFI CARD - > THE OTHER IS LINKED TO ETHERNET PORT.
Try my config plist. and get back to me. That might be it.
With a 7800x 6 core I get a score of 29970. You should be flying with yours.

Hi Ellybz! You can see in my signature, I have almost the exact setup you have, however, After following the guide, I am running into a few issues.

Issue #1: System randomly freezes up. Sometimes it's when I am trying to install something and other times its when I am browsing the internet.

Issue #2: (I think this issue and Issue #1 are related somehow) Browser (Chrome in specific) crashes for seemingly no reason. I thought it was due to specific code calls initiated by the browser on the local machine. But I was unable to duplicate them.

Issue #3: Do not have on-board audio (ALC1220). Have received some guidance there already that I will try to implement whne I get home. Hoping that will help, but I figure asking you wouldn't hurt either.

Everything else seems to be working as expected (I think). I was gonna DL your config.plist when I get home and do a compare to see the differences, but any insight on your part between now and then (Since you seem to have figured it out already) would be extremely appreciated. :)

While I am not a newb, I have completed over 20 builds. This one is my 4th personal build and my first X299 build. The process is just a lot different. I feel like I am missing (or not understanding) something important. I can always upload my EFI folder if you like, but, I truly don't want you to go out of your way and I'd rather do it on my own anyway. That being said, a little more "specific" guidance would certainly be greatly beneficial to me.

Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions/guidance/help you offer in advance!

Hi Ellybz! You can see in my signature, I have almost the exact setup you have, however, After following the guide, I am running into a few issues.

Issue #1: System randomly freezes up. Sometimes it's when I am trying to install something and other times its when I am browsing the internet.

Issue #2: (I think this issue and Issue #1 are related somehow) Browser (Chrome in specific) crashes for seemingly no reason. I thought it was due to specific code calls initiated by the browser on the local machine. But I was unable to duplicate them.

Issue #3: Do not have on-board audio (ALC1220). Have received some guidance there already that I will try to implement whne I get home. Hoping that will help, but I figure asking you wouldn't hurt either.

Everything else seems to be working as expected (I think). I was gonna DL your config.plist when I get home and do a compare to see the differences, but any insight on your part between now and then (Since you seem to have figured it out already) would be extremely appreciated. :)

While I am not a newb, I have completed over 20 builds. This one is my 4th personal build and my first X299 build. The process is just a lot different. I feel like I am missing (or not understanding) something important. I can always upload my EFI folder if you like, but, I truly don't want you to go out of your way and I'd rather do it on my own anyway. That being said, a little more "specific" guidance would certainly be greatly beneficial to me.

Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions/guidance/help you offer in advance!
@louvox
This is my first build, ever. It was challenging but I loved it. Don't really know what to tell you in comparison to other systems because I would not have any previous experience on the matter. That being said, the only time where I experienced some random freezes had to to do with my bios settings. I pushed the system to the limits ( OC ) on regular CPU air cooling and I could not go over 4.5Ghz without being unstable.
Also make sure that your TSCadjustreset kext was calibrated to your own cpu. ( You probably already know that )
Regarding the audio, I'll let you do some leg work ( @ my config plist ) but If you need help, i'll be there, if I can ;)

PS: One of my favorite saying: "Think for yourself and let others the privilege of doing so too"

Did you solve your freeze/audio issues?

Try my config plist. and get back to me. That might be it.
Hi!
Finally back from vacation. Ready to take on this bull by the horns.

I tried replacing my plist with your, and what I feared the most would happen did happen: The machine was unable to boot at all. I didn't have time to check why, but it hangs during the loading bar.

I guess I could try booting it with the -v flag, but I was more desperate to figure out how to replace the .plist-file. I luckily have a Windows partition as was able to mount the EFI-partition from there and reapply the old config.plist.

Now what?

Hi!
Finally back from vacation. Ready to take on this bull by the horns.

I tried replacing my plist with your, and what I feared the most would happen did happen: The machine was unable to boot at all. I didn't have time to check why, but it hangs during the loading bar.

I guess I could try booting it with the -v flag, but I was more desperate to figure out how to replace the .plist-file. I luckily have a Windows partition as was able to mount the EFI-partition from there and reapply the old config.plist.

Now what?
Wow, Jumping without net is bit risky my friend. I really hope you were able to get back to your previous running system.
This is my configuration: I have 2 NVME SSD's + 2 SSD + 1 large USB SATA DRIVE as a backup. How many bootable drives do I have ?
- 4 ( 3 with Mac os + 1 with windows 10 ) , without counting my USB iNSTALLER DRIVE.
2 exact copies of my main drive and 1 virgin ( vanilla ) Mac os. ( 20GB ). To solve your issue you need to process step by step.
Install first your os without any extra application on a blank drive and Test it ( 20GB is enough ). This is the best way to isolate your issue. ( Best $20 spent. ) Amazon.com
You'll be prepared for any OS upgrade without risking your actual work. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
PS : This is only my suggestion ;). Also on my config plist you needed to fill the serial, UUID, etc..Hope you did.

Last edited:
Ah this is great! I'm currently building right now, only difference is that i went for the 7940x and my mother board is the MSI X299 Raider. I'll be using your thread as help for sure!

Did you solve your freeze/audio issues?

I did manage to get the audio fixed. The random KP (System freezes) are still happening I'm afraid. :(

I did manage to get the audio fixed. The random KP (System freezes) are still happening I'm afraid. :(
Did you check your crash reporter logs?

After a clean install, the most up to date Clover (4644), a lot of drinking, swearing, face palming, falling asleep in my office chair several nights in a row and pulling my hair out... I only had to disable "Memory Profile 1" in the BIOS.........

So far, so good. I'll let ya know if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back