Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Intel Core i9 7920X, Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming, GTX 1080 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BoomR
Sorry for the late response, quite busy with work lately :crazy:
I would not know regarding X299X platform, It seems that only few boards are compatible and working well.

Regarding OpenCore. Updating it is a bit tricky and not as fast as clover. But it is much faster to boot and has great features. It is also simpler in a lot of ways. I still use a modified version 0.5.9. version of OpenCore on my main drive -OSX Mojave; by NDK & I absolutely love it.
I keep updating the standard release of OC ( now version 0.6.0 ) once a month for my other drives / EFI Backup.

Lastly, and to avoid a slap in the hand, I won't talk about Big Sur nor the delightful exchanges with some of the OC Devs :lol:, but they seem to do a pretty good job in keeping up with OSX.
If you do not have done so yet, I highly recommended to make the switch. In my case..never going back.
Keep up the Music & stay safe,
Elly

@BoomR
Sorry for the late response, quite busy with work lately :crazy:
I would not know regarding X299X platform, It seems that only few boards are compatible and working well.

Regarding OpenCore. Updating it is a bit tricky and not as fast as clover. But it is much faster to boot and has great features. It is also simpler in a lot of ways. I still use a modified version 0.5.9. version of OpenCore on my main drive -OSX Mojave; by NDK & I absolutely love it.
I keep updating the standard release of OC ( now version 0.6.0 ) once a month for my other drives / EFI Backup.

Lastly, and to avoid a slap in the hand, I won't talk about Big Sur nor the delightful exchanges with some of the OC Devs :lol:, but they seem to do a pretty good job in keeping up with OSX.
If you do not have done so yet, I highly recommended to make the switch. In my case..never going back.
Keep up the Music & stay safe,
Elly
@Ellybz FTW!!! Many thanks for the great info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back