Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I want to share my experience with everyone here. Went through multiple tries from installing Sierra and went straight to installing Mojave after searching the forum and found someone that had successful on loading Mojave with my old build. i7 ivy bridge 3770/Gigabyte z77/ GPU GTX 660 (see my signature. it has my build detail.). So here's what I did.

1. I follow this guide from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-intel-hd-4000-radeon-hd-7770-1tb-ssd.279832/
-First thing: It took me couple tries to create the USB bootable installer. It had to do with the type of USB. I used the sandisk 8gb (SDCZ36-008G, made in China) it was my Maverick USB and I wiped it out. It also worked on the 32gb USB(made in china) same model. I have the same sandisk32gb USB same model but "made in malaysia", that one didn't work and I couldn't create a USB bootable installer. (Note sure if it matters but I want to mentioned it.
- Once you got a bootable USB it should recognize it on your bios boot list. (make sure to change the boot to UEFI only).
- I follow the guide to install Mojave but I didn't boot using either "-x, -v". My usb was able to load and got me to the diskutility to format my SSD.

2. After installation, run Multibeast for Mojave Edition 11.3. You can download from the download section here.
3. I installed the following:
-AppleALC (for audio)
-3rd party SATA
-FAKE SMC (must have as a minimum to boot into OSX without your USB bootable installer.
-AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2 & AppleintelE1000e v3.3.6 (this is for your ethernet port. This motherboard has two. I dont use it but good to load it).
-3rd Party USB 3.0 & 7/8/9 Series USB support: I originally didnt load the 7/8/9 series support but found out during screen was showing some pixel or wasnt refreshing. after I loaded it, it was fine.
- Clover UEFI boot mode
- Definition iMac Pro 1,1
** Install the build.

4. I follow this guide to get WIFI to work for my https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tl-wn781nd-kext-for-sierra.204873/. I used kextwizrd and loaded only IO80211kext for my wifi PCIe Card.

5. restart/reboot. This time boot into the installed Mojave drive. (in my case its the SSD drive I installed Mojave onto).

6. Once booted up, you should get to the login screen. Your wifi and audio should all work.

7. To remove/delete the additional boot drive from clover menu where you see APFS Preboot and another preboot. Follow this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-boot-filevault-prebooter-from-preboot.233345/page-2

8. To remove the dummy bootable list from your BIOS when you enter from F12 that said "Mac OSX", follow this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

***The only thing I can't get my TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900) card to pick up 5ghz signal. still working on that. if someone knows, please help me. or suggest another good wifi card only. I don't need a combo wifi/bluetooth card. Im using this OGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter which works well with my old build***.

Hope it helps everyone here to get their old build up and running with Mojave OSX. If I remember a step I missed, I will edit here. Thank you all especially those who had helped me. Remember, do a search on this forum. You can find pretty much all the help here. There is a lot of reading but you learn a lot too! I did. Thank you everyone!!

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey there we have a similar build and I'm up and running on 10.14.6 to...

Could you share your efi folder? I'm set up on 13.2 sys def because I have a etc 680 with is natively supported, but I'm unsure of my plist settings and the drivers I need. I'm trying to finales my post install and some kexts don't seem to work whether I try to put the in LE or in clover other ...

Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
one question is whether you've used fake sci ou virtual sac and emulated nvram or not...i'M thinking I have "stuck nvram" problem

Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nice to see this old iconic build back up on Mojave....I'm post installing mine but I'm unsure about a couple of things...

Mind sharing you efi folder with me? I've installed vanilla but, sys def 13.2, I'm up and running, but I think I have a cache problem of some sort...not matter if I put kexts in other or LE (and set plist accordingly YES or detect and according CSR) does not seem to change anything...I want to look at your folder structure and drivers...(which drivers did you use with clover...did you use emulated nvram or not? Fake SMC or virtual? Did you use AptioMemoryFix or OSXaptio1-2-3). do you use -f in your clover bootloader.

basically 3 potential problems

1-My e-sata pcie card isn't recognized anymore (ASMedia 1061)
2-SAMSUNG 860 m.2 on PCIe card working but not recognized as a pice card but as SATA (tried all the Sata unsupported variants that exist in both LE and others) (I do not want to boot from it)
3-possibly wrong drivers and or clover driver folder structure...or do I just need to re-install clover every time I make a change on drivers...