Contribute
Register

SUCCESS!!! Installing El Capitan Using Legacy Clover on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 – Bios: F10 Sandy Bridge Cor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3-f10
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System : GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 – Bios: F10 Sandy Bridge Core I7 (2660?) 16gigs PC 1600 DDR3 NVidia 770
This upgrade was a pain but after the third try I was able to get it done. I’m thinking before the next major release of Mac OS I will have my mobo upgraded. It is getting harder and harder with my set up

Here is what I have learned

When creating a Unibeast disk you must format the USB Stick with a MBR… very important
Then create the El Capitan Disk with Unibeast using Legacy mode
When booting from the usb to Unibeast you need to place an Argument of CPUS=1 as the SSDT is not installed and the boot up process will error out. I was finally able to get to this installer to come up so I could install to El Capitan to my SSD..

Post Install Multibeast 8.0.1

Was able to boot to El- Capitan disk using the above argument with the USB unibeast stick and used Multibeast 8.0.1 to instal My (DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3-F10.aml), Audio realtek889, 3rd party SATA, All three of the Fake SMC Plugins for my HWMonitor, I skipped the network kext, I have a Marvell Gigabit Adaptor card with a Yukon controller, Used the Clover v2.3 r332- Legacy Boot mode, selected my SSDT for Sandy Bridge 2660 Core I7,

Post install was another doosie As I got stuck on the [ PCI Configuration begin]
At first I tried to TS the issues by pasting a rolled back version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the older version like I have done in the past … it was no Buenos and did not work.
The TS forum told me to Disabled my USB 3 ports for now and use iMac13,1 for my system definition… everything worked like a charm after words.. not real sad I cant use my USB 3 right now but I don’t care as I don’t use it much anyway.

My only gripe is Clover takes forever to show the selection screen on bootup… almost 30 seconds from post, but I will TS that later. I am happy it works for now
Had to Play some Explosions in the Sky – Lone Survivor Album in celebratory victory fashion while I finished rebuilding my machine
Happy Hackintoshing

SUCESS!!! Installing El Capitan Using Legacy Clover on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 – Bios: F10 Sandy Bridge Core I7 (2660?)

Still can't figure out why clover take so long after post to come up. I looked at some Plist in the Efi part but it did not show anything that I could tell so I'm just checking to see if anyone knows how to make it faster

Also when it does boot to Clover it doesn't by default boot into the HSF drive I need to boot into. it's trying to boot the EFI Partition a
I'm unable to boot and EFI since I use legacy I don't know where in the plist to select the HSF drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back