Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Confirmed working on my HP XW8600. I'm using the stock video card when I purchased this computer from geeks.com which is the Nvidia Quadro FX 1700. Sound I had to patch with Universal VoodooHDA Driver, I would say go for the most up to date version. Video worked out the box, no fancy kexts added. I get full screen resolution not that stock 1024 x 768 resolution. For the network, I added a PCI NIC card from Trendnet (Realtech chipset made the difference and worked out the box for me) which is a gigabit Ethernet card since the on board Broadcom NetExtreme Gigabit NICs don't work. I was throwing at this machine all the Broadcom NetExtreme Gigabit kexts available to no available. So this morning I reinstalled Mountain Lion from scratch and had to repair the disk permissions to get the Ethernet to work so I can download apps from the App store.

I'm debating whether or not to change the video card out and maybe getting a PCIe network card. I'll think about it. I'm very pleased with this setup and I would like to extend my greatest appreciation to all the team members of Tonymac for developing this great product! Keep doing what you doing. I'm glad I made the switch from the EFI-X USB dongle. Okay here's what I had to do to get this installed on this machine so here goes:

BIOS: Make sure you have your IDE SATA configuration set to Separate IDE controller, very important! Onboard Audio enabled if you use a video card that has HDMI audio throughput. You can adjust your settings as needed, those settings that I mentioned have to be set otherwise you'll spend hours and days trying to get your system to boot.

Unibeast and Installation: You can use the guide that Tonymac provides as guidance, when you get to the part to where you can check the box for legacy or laptop, do not check any of those radio buttons otherwise your apple boot screen will be stuck. Install the Mac OS like you normally would do.
Post Installation: Download the latest multibeast from this site, which should be 5.2.0, install using Easy DSDT install. Repair disk permissions and you should be able to shut down and restart. I haven't test sleep yet.

Maybe this would help someone get their HP XW8600 up and running, just keep an extra NIC card just in case. :thumbup:

Why hello there. I've just sucessfully completed the installation on the xw8600 and solved the problem with the onboard ethernet. You need to install the Broadcom kexts that can be downloaded from here. The source code is here and the original driver's author thread is here. For installation Kext Wizard is recommended.

Awesome! Got it working on my xw8600 with very little tweaking!
Set BIOS to IDE storage controller, booted with My Hack USB flash drive, rebooted....successful launch!
The only thing not working was the Audio and NIC's. I used MultiBeast to install the latest VooDoo to get the audio working.
Then I used the Broadcom link provided by Buckiejoe to get the NIC's working.

After that was done I was able to updated to 10.8.2. I re-ran the My Hack utilities before rebooting just to be on the safe side.
Failed to boot with -x flag...but then booted just fine with no flags.

xw8600 running 10.8.2! Easiest hackintosh I've ever created!

EDIT:

Wake from sleep doesn't work. Tried the the MultiBeast AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patch and still doesn't wake from sleep.
Any ideas?

Hello everybody,
I am new on this forum and generally into OSX installation on Windows computers.
I have an HP XW8600 and would love to have on it Lion or Mountain Lion!
My system has the following specifications:
Dual Xeon X5460 3,16GHz
12GB of memory
3 x internal SATA Hard drives: one for Windows, one dedicated to OSX, one volume for data.
Graphic card: Nvidia GTX260 extreme edition (896MB)
Audio editing card: Lynx AES16
Video editing card: Blackmagic Multibridge ProII
SAS controller LSI onboard
RAID controller High Point RR2522MS
All of the additional card mentioned does have OSX drivers.
Please I'm asking to someone if would be so kind to explain me step-to-step what I have to do to install OSX 10.7 or 10.8 and then how to have multiboot for Win/OSX.
Many thanks in advance!

I have the same work station & I used the same guide, tools, etc...

but the problem when I shutdown it doesn't shutdown but restart :(

Do you have any suggestion?

Here's how I did it:
Create a My--Hack install flash drive with Mt. Lion.
Set the BIOS to defaults then change the storage type to IDE. Also disable Network Boot and SAS ROM for faster boot ups.
Boot off the flash drive and get to the screen that gives you the Menu Bar. Go to Utilities/Disk Utilities.
Create a new single partition with HFS+ and make sure that GUID is selected under Options(?).
After formatting is complete, exit the Disk Utility and continue with a default installation.
Near the end of the Mt. Lion install, the My--Hack scrips will run. Just answer the questions according to your system specs.
I'd suggest using a nVidia card in the system. Although, anything with HDMI I've had issues with system audio that I'm still trying to resolve.
I've had an FX 3700 and 3800 work great along with a Geforce GS 8400. My Geforce GT 610 has HDMI so getting it to work properly is my current project.
After booting up, you will need to install the Broadcom KEXT mentioned earlier in this thread.
If you start with 10.8, you will need to download 10.8.3 Combo update and install that prior to installing the 10.8.4 combo update. I had the 10.8 directly to 10.8.4 update kill my system. But going to 10.8.3 first followed by 10.8.4 worked. After each combo update you will need to run the My--Hack utility that gets installed on your system by default. Select the My--Fix and do a full patch each time.
After this is done, download the current Multibeast and install the Drivers/Audio/Universal/VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 along with Customization/Sys Defs/Mac Pro/Mac Pro 3,1.
I still have issues with power on the 8600. Sleep doesn't work, and powering down just causes a reboot. I'd like to fix that too, but it's not that worrisome to me. The bigger issue is figuring out how to get onboard audio working if you have a graphics card with HDMI.

FYI...Tony does not allow certain competitor names in this forum due to bad blood. My--Hack just do a google search on this term removing the --.

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 working perfect with my xw8600 .. i also got the Asus PCE-AC68 working for 802.11ac wifi

Dual Quad Core Xeon X5450 with 16GB Ram and Samsung 250GB SSD .. Loving this workstation.

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 working perfect with my xw8600 .. i also got the Asus PCE-AC68 working for 802.11ac wifi

Dual Quad Core Xeon X5450 with 16GB Ram and Samsung 250GB SSD .. Loving this workstation.

What about Geekbanch scores?

I've got dual x5450 and I'm getting ~8000 at Geekbench 2.3 at 64bit.
When booting into Windows at the same system my score is about ~11 000 so the difference is big.
Im guessing there is sth wrong with cpu power management. I've deleted AppleCpuP.. as well as NullCpuPower.. and it did not help so its probably sth with the speedstep.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I know its been a while, but I just build this XW8600 Hackintosh with 10.8.5 using unibeast 5.5..
All works fine (well, except sleep but who cares..) include Audio, Ethernet, USB, ShutDown/Restart.

Only one thing is strange, I cant boot from the HD itself, only when the USB Thumb is in before booting the system. that is, Chimera is installed (latest version) on the HD, In the bios its set to Separate IDE, and configed to be the first HD (and Only).
But when the USB thumb is not present, I get the "error GPT/Test..." screen when it comes to the point when he should turn to the boot HD.

Any Idea here?

I know this thread is older. But I'm running a xw8600 too and I can't for the life of me get the Broadcom to work. I've tried every kept I could find. Any suggestions? Sometimes I'll get it to show up, I repair disk and stuff but on reboot it breaks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back