Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installation High Sierra on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to follow this guide. I never updated out of 10.11 so I am trying to install from scratch. I removed my drives, connected a new 1TB SSD, made the USB with Install High Sierra & UniBeast but in the boot list I only see the drives I had before and neither the USB stick or the new empty drive. I haven't dived into this for 2 years so I am probably overlooking something dumb. Can you guys help?

As a bonus question, since I have F11 and the firmware updater doesn't work on Windows 10 (the other OS I have installed), what's another way to update to F12 (and should I?). I tried placing the F12 file on a FAT 32 drive but Flash can't see it.

Also, where do you put the USB drive for booting (I think they're controlled by a different chipset), the back IO ones or the ones that are in the front of the case (through a wire connector to the motherboard).

Hope you guys can help, I've been out of the Hackintosh game for a while and I can't quite remember it all.

I don't know if I answer your question but finally I've had succes installing High Sierra from scratch. The biggest issue I had was building the UniBeast thumb drive. The High Sierra installed in my system was corrupted, and I wasn't able to boot it. Finally, I erased the copy on my system and downloaded the last version from Apple store and rebuilt the UniBeast thumb drive from which I was able to boot and install to internal spare disk. Be careful the destination disk on witch you do the new install is in good conditions, testing in and old disk I had, stocked the installation.

The settings for uni best thumb drive were Clover boot.

Post installation: after configuring High Sierra, First download and install the Nvidia web drivers.
In MultiBeast I chose:
Quick start: UEFI Boot mode
Drivers audio: ALC898
Drivers misc: Core graphics fixup Aka Whatevergreen
Drivers network: intelmouse Ethernet
Boot loaders: Clover UEFI bootmode +Emulated nvram
Costumize: Graphics: Nvidia web drivers boot flag
SSDT options: Sandy Bridge Core i7
Costumize:System definitions: imac 14,2

That's all. Now I've got a High Sierra running system.

Good luck

I’m trying to update this same build, I have high Sierra installed on a new SSD, but my GTX980Ti is not recognized...any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back