Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installation High Sierra on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't readed all the posts. So you have with the same mobo working?
That's great, what guide did you used?

@sebideluxe

Can you please tell me if you select the UEFI or the LEGACY Option in UniBeast
You should select the UEFI option.

UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100/200 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems.
Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems.

You should select the UEFI option.

UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100/200 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems.
Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems.

Thx.
Will give it a try later.

Cheers Robert

Installation is working.
But i cant boot without the USB stick.

Where did I find the nv_disable option?
Also, is there anywhere a guide which options need to be installed with MultiBeast?

Cheers Robert

I recently installed HS using Storks guide using onboard video then installed my GTX 960 with Nvidia web drivers and everything works great.
My build description's installation procedures have not been updated to High Sierra because of the lack of maturity in High Sierra even after 10.13.3 was released. However, I'll update Thunderball when 10.13.4 is released.

In the meantime, please be aware that the MultiBeast configuration reflects my configuration for Sierra. Unfortunately, the MultiBeast Build screen snapshot is out of date, but the configuration list is not out of date for Sierra. It can be used for High Sierra if you can't wait for 10.13.4.

Speaking of updates, if you plan to upgrade your graphics card, the 10.13.4 latest Beta build is reported to have native support for AMD RX and Vega graphics cards. While the RX 580 and Vega series are the cryptominers favorite cards, and, thus, the prices are twice the original MSRP prices, the RX 560 can be had at a reasonable price. The advantage of these graphics cards is native support in macOS, unlike Nvidia whose latest drivers are buggy.

Reactions: htc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back