Contribute
Register

SUCCESS! Install notes for EL CAPITAN 10.11 on GA-Z77X-UP5-TH via SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to get the original AppleHDA back and maybe ditch some of the potential carry-over issues from my Yosemite install I tried doing a clean El Cap install using the installer located on Drive1 (Yosemite) to Drive2 (wiped in prep for El Cap). It seems to install ok, but will not boot past the grey screen after the install with nothing added to EFI. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, ncpi=0x2000, -v, -x, kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1, but no luck there either.

Then I tried installing Clover to the EFI with my kexts moved to 10.11 folder and SIP disabled in the updated config.plist, I get Apple logo & a super slow loading bar but eventually when the bar is full, nothing happens.

It appears to be hanging at either:
IOCTL not recognized: 234 out of 235

or next line

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Before it was adding a line about Kexts needing a rebuild, it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

I also tried using the new Post El Cap Clover installers from TonyMac's downloads, and using a config.plist from another user on TM with this board, no luck there either :(

Happy to try anything at this stage, have the clean El Cap ready to go and can wipe the EFI and start over if need be?

It seems to install ok, but will not boot past the grey screen after the install with nothing added to EFI. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, ncpi=0x2000, -v, -x, kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1, but no luck there either.

GraphicsEnabler is Chimera-only, kext-dev-mode is Yosemite-only, npci is normally only for X79/X99 boards...

Grey screen usually means it can't find FakeSMC, which is understandable with nothing added to EFI.

Then I tried installing Clover to the EFI with my kexts moved to 10.11 folder and SIP disabled in the updated config.plist, I get Apple logo & a super slow loading bar but eventually when the bar is full, nothing happens.

It appears to be hanging at either:
IOCTL not recognized: 234 out of 235

or next line

**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Those usually indicate that graphics isn't starting. I would definitely use nv_disable=1. If you boot with only dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v and still have problems, please post a photo of the screen where it stops.

I would also disconnect the Yosemite drive so you're sure you're booting from the Clover install on the EFI partition on the El Capitan drive. (If you haven't installed Clover to there, do that first and put your kexts in both 10.10 and 10.11 under EFI/CLOVER/kexts/) Then boot to Clover on the El Capitan drive and select Boot Mac OS X on YourDriveName with the boot arguments above and see how it goes.

GraphicsEnabler is Chimera-only, kext-dev-mode is Yosemite-only, npci is normally only for X79/X99 boards...
Ok, i've removed those.

Grey screen usually means it can't find FakeSMC, which is understandable with nothing added to EFI.
That makes sense.

I would also disconnect the Yosemite drive so you're sure you're booting from the Clover install on the EFI partition on the El Capitan drive. (If you haven't installed Clover to there, do that first and put your kexts in both 10.10 and 10.11 under EFI/CLOVER/kexts/) Then boot to Clover on the El Capitan drive and select Boot Mac OS X on YourDriveName with the boot arguments above and see how it goes.
This was the fix, for some reason it was reading the config.plist off the Yosemite EFI instead of El Capitan drive. A lesson learned for next time (or anyone else trying to install from one drive to another). Managed to update to 10.11.1 as well as successfully running CloverALC script to fix sound.

Thanks for the help!

Exact can do both so it does not change

there is also the dsdt patch MaciASL for z77up5 th, or you must make changes to renaming EHC1 EH01 and EHC2 to EH02
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html
you must make this change to the 2 internal USB ports works with El Capitain

usb problems to boot, are not the same for all motherboard, I think some are a manufacturing probéme

Where is the patch for our Z77's?

Next, I booted from from my old system drive (10.9.2) and from there ran my post-installation choices, targeting the 240GB drive with the un-bootable El Capitan fresh install, and running the needed stuff to make it bootable.
1) I ran: Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg
2) I ran: CustoMac Essentials to install FakeSMC and ethernet support.
"line-out" worked to enable my speakers.

Hello,
I'm currently stuck on the post-installation and my SSD like yours wasn't unable to boot. I saw that you managed to target your SSD from your other profile, how did you do this? thank you!

My GA-Z77X-UP5TH install of El Capitan 10.11.4 with Clover (Multibeast method) seems stable:

My system drive is 120 GB SSD. Also have two other internal Western Digital hard drives. One has my user files and a partition for a carbon copy of my system drive. The other is a Time Machine drive.

BIOS has default settings plus:
M.I.T./Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1
M.I.T./Adv. Freq./Adv CPU/ Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage: Disabled (USB mouse/keyboard problem fix)
Bios Features/Vt-d - Disabled (doesn’t exist on my BIOS version)Power Management/ Wake on LAN - Disabled

Multibeast settings:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

Graphics:
Dual VGA CRT monitors
EVGA GeForce GTX580
GPU Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.51 (7.5.26 doesn't work for me)

To stop Photoshop CC from crashing:
Un-tick OpenCL render. In PS, go to Preferences/Performance. Click "Advanced" on the right. Un-select OpenCL.

To solve Long Sleep crash, paste this into Terminal to disable standby:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0?

My GA-Z77X-UP5TH install of El Capitan 10.11.4 with Clover (Multibeast method) seems stable:

My system drive is 120 GB SSD. Also have two other internal Western Digital hard drives. One has my user files and a partition for a carbon copy of my system drive. The other is a Time Machine drive.

BIOS has default settings plus:
M.I.T./Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1
M.I.T./Adv. Freq./Adv CPU/ Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage: Disabled (USB mouse/keyboard problem fix)
Bios Features/Vt-d - Disabled (doesn’t exist on my BIOS version)Power Management/ Wake on LAN - Disabled

Multibeast settings:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

Graphics:
Dual VGA CRT monitors
EVGA GeForce GTX580
GPU Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.51 (7.5.26 doesn't work for me)

To stop Photoshop CC from crashing:
Un-tick OpenCL render. In PS, go to Preferences/Performance. Click "Advanced" on the right. Un-select OpenCL.

To solve Long Sleep crash, paste this into Terminal to disable standby:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0?

Any chance I can get a copy of your Clover EFI
?

I'd like a copy of your clover config as well, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back