Contribute
Register

SUCCESS! Install notes for EL CAPITAN 10.11 on GA-Z77X-UP5-TH via SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GA-Z77X-UP5TH install of El Capitan 10.11.4 with Clover (Multibeast method) seems stable:

My system drive is 120 GB SSD. Also have two other internal Western Digital hard drives. One has my user files and a partition for a carbon copy of my system drive. The other is a Time Machine drive.

BIOS has default settings plus:
M.I.T./Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1
M.I.T./Adv. Freq./Adv CPU/ Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage: Disabled (USB mouse/keyboard problem fix)
Bios Features/Vt-d - Disabled (doesn’t exist on my BIOS version)Power Management/ Wake on LAN - Disabled

Multibeast settings:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

Graphics:
Dual VGA CRT monitors
EVGA GeForce GTX580
GPU Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.51 (7.5.26 doesn't work for me)

To stop Photoshop CC from crashing:
Un-tick OpenCL render. In PS, go to Preferences/Performance. Click "Advanced" on the right. Un-select OpenCL.

To solve Long Sleep crash, paste this into Terminal to disable standby:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0?

Hi Piso, were you able to successfully install from USB boot drive and reboot into fresh El Capitan install? Or did you have to perform the convoluted workaround from the original post?
I have the same mobo and cpu as you but with gtx 780 and I can successfully install but it hangs at reboot using USB drive. I'm on F12 BIOS like the OP. I'm wondering if downgrading to F11 (if it's even possible) would solve my problem. I've tried several bootflags without success.

Any input from anyone is appreciated. Thanks.

As others have reported, an upgrade to the F12 BIOS on my GA-Z77X-UP5TH now prevents me from booting from the USB. So as Gerard suggested, I tried the route of installing Unibeast on an SSD. Using a separate machine, I connected the SSD using a HD dock to the USB port. I formatted it, then ran Unibeast. Well, Unibeast refuses to allow me to install onto the SSD, saying " No Disk Available To Install On.....UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removeable disk ith at least 7 GB free."

Any suggestions?

has anybody got this thing running Sierra? bc that's what i'm trying to do right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back