Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Install macOS Sierra Using An MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
After creating the bootable USB, I can access to the clover installation. However, when I try to install it, I got the CPU panic caller 0 0xffffff80138d9334.

Hey there,
After I made the usb, I boot on it and it direct me to clover. Then when I choose install OS X Sierra, this happen:
AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801c2d9334): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.21.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1667b

and my volume is low very low ,
run again toleda and again low.
pls any hear for resolve this problem pls right the step to resolve

I installed it by following your tutorial, got everything working except for sound. How can I get sound? (4790k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, onboard GPU in this specific build). I'm connected via HDMI and I'm trying to get sound through my headphones which are connected by 3.5mm jack, directly into the motherboard.

Try AppleALC kext and Lilu. I have exactly the same configuration as yours. No problem with sound. I was also able to configure 5.1 sound for video using combined audio device - works fine with VLC Player. You have to have native not changed AppleHDA.kext and inject audio layout in Clover. I am using 11 layout.
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Try AppleALC kext and Lilu. I have exactly the same configuration as yours. No problem with sound. I was also able to configure 5.1 sound for video using combined audio device - works fine with VLC Player. You have to have native not changed AppleHDA.kext and inject audio layout in Clover. I am using 11 layout.
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Yes! I saw one of your earlier posts, actually. I downloaded an OS X Realtek ALC onboard driver for Clover from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC and it worked. Thanks man you saved my first Hackintosh build.

Last edited:
I had some issuess when I was using toleda, I am using 5.1 logitech speakers and they all are connected to rear motherboard backplate. With toleda I was facing self switching output (for example when I was watching youtube sound during playback was switching from front to rear output - I had to manulay change audio output from osx taskbar to reenable sound) . With AppleALC there is no such problem. Also it is better solution when you are updating your osx. Clover injects AppleALC.kext in the fly and there is no need to do any changes in system libraries.

Interesting, I'll have a look at it in a bit. I might actually install it as well.

I followed this guide exactly, and when I boot into Clover and pick the USB stick, the Apple Logo comes up, loads to about 3/4 of the way there, and stops. I had a Hackintosh running 10.12.2 just fine and this update to 10.12.4 has been the biggest headache. But I need those sweet web drivers.

Sorry to hijack this thread but can I ask about the Clover EFI V2.... do you need to use this?

Cant you just use Multibeast to make your bootloader...?

I have a similar setup (MSI z97 Gaming 3, i7 4ghz, 32gb ram)

I had Sierra on mine but kept getting kernel panics.. same bios settings.

I've went back to El Capitan and I am still getting the odd random kernel panic and no one is able to find the reason why.

Any help much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back