Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] iMac 4K - GA Z390 Gaming X, i9-9900K, VEGA 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have the same mainboard and currently on Catalina. Audio ports on mainboard do not work only front ports. Did it work on yours? What is required? I have the same efi and kext excet fakesmc.

Hi, can anyone help me install catalina? It`s my first hackintosh, I'm not beein able to load de installer USB. I tried various methods and guides but nothing works. Clover stop at helpbs:start ++++++++++++++++++.
I can't reproduce the steps on this guide multibeast show diferent thing. Also tried the UEFI folder on github.
Can anyone tell me any trick or anything provablie i'm doing not well?

Hi, can anyone help me install catalina? It`s my first hackintosh, I'm not beein able to load de installer USB. I tried various methods and guides but nothing works. Clover stop at helpbs:start ++++++++++++++++++.
I can't reproduce the steps on this guide multibeast show diferent thing. Also tried the UEFI folder on github.
Can anyone tell me any trick or anything provablie i'm doing not well?

Please create a new thread for this and post more details such as your efi folder

I am not sure if sharing my entire EFI was safe so here's SSDT and config.plist for you. I also attached a few screenshots from my EFI partition.

Hi timsnart, could you please share your USBPorts.kext? I have the same motherboard but in Catalina 10.15.4 I can't recognize USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 ports work very well, but 2.0 seems to being not recognized by the system because when I insert a device inside one of those ports hackintool doesn'r do anything...

Are you also using the UHD 630? I have a very strange issue with that. I have the latest bios version (10c) and if I enable the iGPU from bios I can't boot into Catalina. It appears the prohibited screen just after selecting Catalina boot disk (before that appears the loading bar). If I set the iGPU to "Auto" I can boot but the iGPU is not recognized by the system. I have a 5700 XT Which works very very well and I'm using SMBIOS iMac 19.1.

I hope that you (or someone else) could help me. Thank you very much.

Hi Sipala

Check out my build here with the same mobo and Catalina. I based mine off timsnart's:

I just used the USBInjectAll and the RemovePorts kexts that are part of Multibeast. My 2.0 and 3.0 ports are recognized.

I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out the iGPU issue. I was having the same problems as you. First if you are following the guidance to unlock the MSR (by default it is locked), it won't let me enable the iGPU.

It turns out that you have to patch the framebuffer in order to enable the iGPU. Follow CaseySJ's guide here.

I was able to use the Gigabyte Gaming M patch (scroll to the bottom of the post and he gives specific instructions and the patch for several motherboards). It seems to work fine for the Gaming X.

I hope that helps!

Ted

Hi timsnart, could you please share your USBPorts.kext? I have the same motherboard but in Catalina 10.15.4 I can't recognize USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 ports work very well, but 2.0 seems to being not recognized by the system because when I insert a device inside one of those ports hackintool doesn'r do anything...

Are you also using the UHD 630? I have a very strange issue with that. I have the latest bios version (10c) and if I enable the iGPU from bios I can't boot into Catalina. It appears the prohibited screen just after selecting Catalina boot disk (before that appears the loading bar). If I set the iGPU to "Auto" I can boot but the iGPU is not recognized by the system. I have a 5700 XT Which works very very well and I'm using SMBIOS iMac 19.1.

I hope that you (or someone else) could help me. Thank you very much.

Hi Sipala

Check out my build here with the same mobo and Catalina. I based mine off timsnart's:

I just used the USBInjectAll and the RemovePorts kexts that are part of Multibeast. My 2.0 and 3.0 ports are recognized.

I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out the iGPU issue. I was having the same problems as you. First if you are following the guidance to unlock the MSR (by default it is locked), it won't let me enable the iGPU.

It turns out that you have to patch the framebuffer in order to enable the iGPU. Follow CaseySJ's guide here.

I was able to use the Gigabyte Gaming M patch (scroll to the bottom of the post and he gives specific instructions and the patch for several motherboards). It seems to work fine for the Gaming X.

I hope that helps!

Ted
Hi tedyun, thank you very much for the help but it didn't worked for me could you please share your EFI folder (of course deleting all serial numbers and so on for privacy and security) or at least your config.plist, kext folder and drivers folder?

I followed all the instructions but it didn't worked. Initially i patched framebuffer and then I can boot into Catalina with iGPU enabled in bios, but framebuffers wasn't correctly recognized by hackintool. Then i tried to unlock the MSR and then I can't boot anymore into Catalina (prohibited symbol). So I locked again the MSR and again the prohibited symbol. I don't know what's happened, but now I can't boot into Catalina with iGPU enabled in bios. I can only with "Auto" or "Disabled". It's very strange.

I will post my EFI with the modified plist in my thread soon.

Meanwhile, what you should do is enable the iGPU, then clear the CMOS. Make sure you save your current BIOS settings as a profile. Then clear the CMOS either by shorting the jumper or popping the battery for about 2 min (unplug the power cable too). You will know that the CMOS is cleared when you reboot and it informs you that the BIOS need to be reconfigured. Simply load your settings, save and it should boot.

Hopefully.

Update: Ok, I posted the EFI in my thread, and it is currently waiting for approval. I think because your build resembles my attempt rather than timsnart's maybe we should move the discussion into my thread? I ended up not using a lot of Tim's values in his config.plist.

Hi tedyun, thank you very much for the help but it didn't worked for me could you please share your EFI folder (of course deleting all serial numbers and so on for privacy and security) or at least your config.plist, kext folder and drivers folder?

I followed all the instructions but it didn't worked. Initially i patched framebuffer and then I can boot into Catalina with iGPU enabled in bios, but framebuffers wasn't correctly recognized by hackintool. Then i tried to unlock the MSR and then I can't boot anymore into Catalina (prohibited symbol). So I locked again the MSR and again the prohibited symbol. I don't know what's happened, but now I can't boot into Catalina with iGPU enabled in bios. I can only with "Auto" or "Disabled". It's very strange.

Last edited:
I will post my EFI with the modified plist in my thread soon.

Meanwhile, what you should do is enable the iGPU, then clear the CMOS. Make sure you save your current BIOS settings as a profile. Then clear the CMOS either by shorting the jumper or popping the battery for about 2 min (unplug the power cable too). You will know that the CMOS is cleared when you reboot and it informs you that the BIOS need to be reconfigured. Simply load your settings, save and it should boot.

Hopefully.

Update: Ok, I posted the EFI in my thread, and it is currently waiting for approval. I think because your build resembles my attempt rather than timsnart's maybe we should move the discussion into my thread? I ended up not using a lot of Tim's values in his config.plist.

Hi tedyun, I downloaded your EFI and I tried to reply on your thread but in the mean while it's disappeared. Why?

EDIT: It's not deleted, but when I try to open the thread it says:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested thread could not be found.

Quite strange.

Last edited:
It is awaiting approval. I think the mods have to verify that my EFI is legitimate.

How is it going? Did the EFI work?

Hi tedyun, I downloaded your EFI and I tried to reply on your thread but in the mean while it's disappeared. Why?

EDIT: It's not deleted, but when I try to open the thread it says:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested thread could not be found.

Quite strange.

It is awaiting approval. I think the mods have to verify that my EFI is legitimate.

How is it going? Did the EFI work?

EDIT: I deleted this comment since your thread is now visible again and I wrote a reply on it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back