Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] iMac 4K - GA Z390 Gaming X, i9-9900K, VEGA 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timsnart's Build:
GA Z390 Gaming X, i9-9900K, RADEON VEGA 56
Hello @timsnart ! Thank you for your post! "If you are willing to use Apple Final Cut, you MUST turn on the internal graphics card option with 128MB even if you had a discrete graphics card. (FCP utilized both chips to render preview and stuff)" As i understood in some programs i need integrated graphic? If i will not use "Apple Final Cut" can i buy CPU without integrated graphic? For example i7-9700F ?)

Hi, i have a problem. when i try to turn off or reboot i need to force to shutdown with the physical button..can any help me?

Please try the EFI in my signature and setup the bios as instructed. Please note that you need to disable the CFG lock. Disabling CFG lock is absolutely required.

My BIOS does not show any CFG lock option..for me the only option was install with OpenCore. But I have some troubles with boot (slow), and I need to select OS, recognition of USB devices (Blackmagic Atem mini) and the shutdown

Please read the instructions about CFG lock. There are two options; either you use the beta bios or disable CFG lock with the manual process. To have a stable system you need this disabled. Did you use my vanilla EFI and you have all the above issues because shutdown/wake should work fine, as well as the usb mapping and vram to allow for boot selection.

Last edited:
Where can I find the beta BIOS and your vanilla EFI?

Has someone tried the new F10h BIOS on the Gigabyte page? Would love to know if it allows to disable the serial port but unable to spend the time to test.

I tested that before your advice, and I'm totally sure. But for me the only problem with that was not to disable the CFG lock..

So, I'm trying to use an wireless mouse and/or keyboard but are not working properly..
i bought the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, but is not stable..sometimes detect the keyboard but no the mouse..

Do you mean that the disable serial port was available but the CFG unlock wasn’t. Disable CFG lock can be also obtained manually via the workaround Rehabman described.

As for bluetooth I can only recommend to try a Fenvi t919 pci express card. It was worked flawlessly for me in prviding wifi and bluetooth with all Apple features like Airdrop, imessage,handoff, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back