Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Yosemite 10.10.4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the XPS 8300 into good books with the El Capitan! I used (besides the stock ones which come with Clover) 3 boot arguments and no need to inject NVidia etc. : nvda_drv=1, rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1 and SMBIOS set to iMac 13,2. Inter net works and I used the shake 12 times to generate a s. number and after verification with the apple website that it was a valid but not in database serial number, set up iMessage and it works without doing anything else. For the onboard Realtek 887 sound, I used Toleda's excellent instructions with his patching script (https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC) and it works great (set HDA=2 on Clover configurator config.plist). My only issue is that sometimes when starting it up, it will reboot without any KP just when the verbose boot says "Bluetooth manager not found" or something like that. Then I reboot and it works. Maybe the native NVidia driver of the OS has something to do with it. I have the Dell Ultrasharp monitor connected via DVI-D and a Displayport cable and initially the logon screen was blank because it was actually showing the extended desktop coming via DVI-D and the log on was on the screen coming via the displayport (the OS was seeing my single monitor as two separate monitors as I had two connections). Once I switched the input to Displayport, I logged on and went into the Display preferences and "mirrored" the display then I have it boot right on to the logon screen with auto-detect on the monitor now turned back on.

Many thanks to tonymac!

View attachment 162351

Does sleep work? Thanks and nice work!

AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement.kext is giving me a kernel panic. :banghead:

My XPS 8300 i7-2600 was running Mountain lion and maverick just fine but now Yosemite and El Capitan installers gave me kernel panic on this... :crazy:

tried cpus=1 without success :cry: I tried disabling speedstep in bios but it makes no differences...

I'm ok with boot flags in chimera-chamelon but I'm not so familiar with Clover's boot flags options.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes sleep works and now I have it running off an internal SSD which is even faster. I did this particular install with the new El Capital MultiBeast and it is pretty smooth. I still have several reboots for unknown reasons at start up and I will just keep rebooting and after a few times it will boot successfully and work perfect. Haven't been able to figure out why the system reboots at start up. But so far so good and so I'm not messing with it anymore. Incidentally I had to do very little with the config.plist after I ran MultiBeast but I did have to fix iMessage to work without a hitch using the instructions here:

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Cheers

AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement.kext is giving me a kernel panic. :banghead:

My XPS 8300 i7-2600 was running Mountain lion and maverick just fine but now Yosemite and El Capitan installers gave me kernel panic on this... :crazy:

tried cpus=1 without success :cry: I tried disabling speedstep in bios but it makes no differences...

I'm ok with boot flags in chimera-chamelon but I'm not so familiar with Clover's boot flags options.
Same problem here

I have also configured El Capitan, on my Dell 8300

However I cant seem to get my ethernet to work. I have the BCM57788

Did you use a kext for your ethernet card?

So ! After some googling, researching and after some testing, I finaly made to 10.11.4 with my xps 8300 and his evga gtx 960 4gb !

-Made a fresh unibeast stick (legacy boot)

-disabled Intel Speed Step in bios

-Booted with no other bootflag (not even nv_disable=1 !!!)

-Installation went flawlessly

--First boot : Multibeast with Legacy boot mode option and 3rd party usb 3.0 (for my Syba pcie usb 3.0 card)

--2nd boot : Installed Nvidia web drivers for 10.11.4 and added nv_driver=1 to clover with clover configurator

--3rd boot : Downloaded and executed latest Toleda's audio_cloverALC-110.command

That's it.

:headbang:

So ! After some googling, researching and after some testing, I finaly made to 10.11.4 with my xps 8300 and his evga gtx 960 4gb !

-Made a fresh unibeast stick (legacy boot)

-disabled Intel Speed Step in bios

-Booted with no other bootflag (not even nv_disable=1 !!!)

-Installation went flawlessly

--First boot : Multibeast with Legacy boot mode option and 3rd party usb 3.0 (for my Syba pcie usb 3.0 card)

--2nd boot : Installed Nvidia web drivers for 10.11.4 and added nv_driver=1 to clover with clover configurator

--3rd boot : Downloaded and executed latest Toleda's audio_cloverALC-110.command

That's it.

:headbang:

Thanks for this, disabling SpeedStep was the trick to get the USB to boot without kernel panicking for me.

Thanks for this, disabling SpeedStep was the trick to get the USB to boot without kernel panicking for me.

You're welcome.

I've since moved all the internals of my XPS inside a modded PowerMac G5 case... :headbang:

Mac.jpgCapture d’e?cran 2016-04-06 a? 13.06.40.jpg

Can these steps work for a sierra install on a xps 8300 using?

This is so confusing, every guide directs you to another guide, which is the best guide for the easiest install??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back