Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Mavericks 10.9*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone is aware these same guides and kext's work for the Dell XPS 8100 model too.
I have a fully bootable OS X with everything working as it should, so far no issues to report.

You can find my thread on here to if you so wish.

can someone help me? i can't get to the sound working even after i install the ALC887/88b Current v100302 driver from multibeast.

can someone help me? i can't get to the sound working even after i install the ALC887/88b Current v100302 driver from multibeast.

I had to use an older version of Multibeast to get sound working. I think it had to be version 6.2.1 or older. Been a while since I did it.

You can still use the latest multi Multibeast to set the machine up, but then once rebooted use the old one to redo the audio drivers. YMMV.

I had to use an older version of Multibeast to get sound working. I think it had to be version 6.2.1 or older. Been a while since I did it.

You can still use the latest multi Multibeast to set the machine up, but then once rebooted use the old one to redo the audio drivers. YMMV.

thanks i'll try this out later. is there a fix for sleep? i mean, sleep works. its just that when my computer wakes up from sleep, the internet disconnects and i have to reboot to get it to work again.

thanks i'll try this out later. is there a fix for sleep? i mean, sleep works. its just that when my computer wakes up from sleep, the internet disconnects and i have to reboot to get it to work again.

Haven't seen this problem on my system. Are you using wired or wireless networking? And if wireless what card are you using?

I am using a Dell DW1510 wifi mini card. Couldn't get the systems original DW1520 to work.

I'm having the same problem. Couldn't get the audio card to work. Will try an older version of Multibeast.
Also, I cannot boot from the main HDD (boot0 error). Tried using the usb to copy the boot1h file to the HDD but it didn't work either. Anyone know the solution?
(Using XPS 8300 + AMD HD 7970)

In case anyone was wondering, Yosemite works fine. Just use updated versions of all the tools.

In case anyone was wondering, Yosemite works fine. Just use updated versions of all the tools.

I have also updated my XPS 8300 to Yosemite, everything seems to be working fine, sleep and all. The only small problems I have are;

a) No iMessage access because the FileNVRAM /Extra/modules does not work with Yosemite. There is no immediate fix for this yet, unless one moves to using the Clover boot loader system.
b) No onboard audio as the patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC 887/888b installed with Multibeast is not working anymore on my system. No devices seen. I might look at this if I find the time. I use USB speakers anyway, and to use the internal audio, I am using VoodooHDA for the moment. Not the one installed with the latest Multibeast as they don't work with Yosemite. I downloaded VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg from http://Hackintosh-Forum.de (needs registration)

Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See my post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back