Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 *Mavericks 10.9*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately was not that easy for me. I don't see the audio devices if I use the modified AppleHDA for ALCx as supplied with Multibeast.
I suppose I need to play around a bit with this ...

I am running a Dell XPS 8500 that I recently upgraded to Yosemite and I am running into the same issue. The only output devices that I can see are wireless sources like my AppleTV.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Are there any leads on a fix for this?

I am running a Dell XPS 8500 that I recently upgraded to Yosemite and I am running into the same issue. The only output devices that I can see are wireless sources like my AppleTV.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Are there any leads on a fix for this?

Hi,

I can't say why this is happening. The modified AppleHDA worked for me on Mavericks, but not with Yosemite.

The only workable solution for me was to use the VoodooHDA ver 2.8.7 driver pkg on my XPS 8300 with Yosemite. If you follow this route, remember to set iMix to full and "Input gain" to minimum to get the microphone to work. This driver works well for me, YMMV.

Regards,

I was able to get audio to work in Yosemite using *Voodoo 0.2.1 from MultiBeast (7.0.2). I cant get Ethernet to work!!

*Voodoo 0.2.1 only worked after I *fixed* the config.plist file in Clover EFI folder.

UPDATE: I finally got my Ethernet working with the BCM5722D kext. I was also sucessful with geting the HDMI audio to work by patching RealtekALC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back