Contribute
Register

[Success] iDell XPS 8300 Mavericks 10.9 fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any issues updating to 10.9.1?

I installed from fresh 10.9.1 but seemed to work great.
Is there any chance you wanna help a brutha out and run some HWMonitor? :D

3/1/2014: Tried to upgrade to 10.9.2 and failed

follow OS message to reboot and install the update, screen stuck at around 98%, had to use the power button to reboot the machine, got kernel panic:

kernel extensions in backtrace com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement

none of the Cimera boot option helps, tried -f -x, etc.

reboot using my original mavericks install USB drive, F12 to boot from the usb, in chimera chose the installation drive, enter into the OSX installation screen, choose the language, then got access to terminal.
In terminal, go to S/L/E (System/Library/Extension, did "mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagermentClient.kext to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagermentClient.kext.bak") and "mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagerment.kext to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagerment.kext.bak")

repaired the permission, reboot, kernel panic at exactly the same location.

don't know how to solve this, so used the original OS usb drive to reinstall the system, took about 20 minutes, everything is back to normal.

anybody successfully updated their maverick to 10.9.2 on a XPS 8300?

the only thing i did differently to you was to run nullCPUPower.kext or whatever it's called in Multibeast... i did that a few days after i had my 10.9.1 install settled though... perhaps that helps. I installed the one for Sandybridge... even though after reading it said it was only for gigabyte mobos! oops. But as i say, mine went fine :/

I lose network connectivity when I wake my XPS 8300 from sleep. Any ideas anyone?

i also lose internet connection if when i wake my system from sleep. not too sure how to fix it. i'm on ethernet.

Anyone having issues with the WIFI? I followed these instructions verbatim and installed BCM5722D.kext, which fixed the ethernet, but WIFI is still not recognizing.

Hi, I also have Dell XPS 8300 and installed this method. But after install
Chimera and reboot, It's shows kernel panic many times.
I have frustration. Please let me know what shall I do?

Attachments

• 21092015.jpg
    21092015.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back