Contribute
Register

[Success] i9 7920X, ASUS PRIME X299-A, GTX1080Ti, ASUS Thunderbolt 3 (Lazy Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved back to 10.13.6 with no change in my TB status. One other note though. In my system report I can see that I have no USB 2.0 ports active.

Attachments

• Bryce’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 212
  • EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 202
Thanks @RicWas, @kgp, @Il.F for all the amazing help

I have mounted some of x299 systems, and have some info for future builds that could help.

Do you have discord , telegram or some way to chat guys? Im @srmusico in all places jaja.

Im mounting at this moment two builds with X299 Prime A + 9940X and 1000X.

Regards! :)

oh! cool,
was saying, just to get a better way, I didn't known about the continuation of the threat of KGP :)

@RicWas I am using the same Mobo, and have been using opencore with catalina for some time now. I am debugging instant wake on sleep-issues.

Do you have working sleep/wake with your config?

@Junologue,
I don't use sleep on this machine but I can check it on Monday and report back.

What options do you want - auto-sleep by a timer, manual, or both options?

@Junologue,
I've checked sleep - 1.5 hours of sleep without wake-ups.

Hi, thank you very much for putting this together.
I am trying out your configuration, which seems to work perfectly fine although I have a different configuration:
Asus X299 TUF Mark 2
I9 7980xe
Vega 56

I have a couple of issues I am trying to solve.
The first is that reboot and shutdown does not work (and the system cannot go to sleep either, seems related). It hangs at “Will he calling reboot [..]” and I have to manually shut it down.
From what I've read it seems to be related to AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, but trying other options like using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi are not solving the problem.

EDIT:

I have installed everything in an Asus x299 TUF Mark 1, it works flawlessly! No more problems with reboot/shutdown and so. It might be the BIOS version though, the Mark 2 had a recent one, and I could not revert to 1503 as it has no flashback.
I had anyway to upgrade to the Mark 1 as the Mark 2 arrived with 2 ram slots not working.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if they are getting unsynchronized TSC errors on boot?

I had a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M system with a i9-9900k, and using 10.13.6, 10.14x, and 10.15.3 got them. System performance was at least 3 times worse for me, and in one audio app, I could see the cpu meters fluctuating up and down. I dumped that system and have a EVGA X299 micro with a i7-9800X and am now testing that CPU with an ASUS Prime X299 A, and am still getting the unsyncronizedTSC errors.

My Asus socket 2011 CPU and X79 MBs have no such issue and while are slower with Geekbench scores, are more efficient and faster than the Z390 or X299 systems.

I've been working on this issue for months. Everything else, audio, USB, SATA icons, sleep, wake, ethernet, etc etc etc all work. Pike alpha and EC patches have no effect.

Any help ideas appreciated.

Attachments

• IoRegistryExplorer Pic.png
    IoRegistryExplorer Pic.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back