Contribute
Register

[Success] i9 7920X, ASUS PRIME X299-A, GTX1080Ti, ASUS Thunderbolt 3 (Lazy Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higher resolution screen

Attachments

• IMG_0616-2.jpg
    IMG_0616-2.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 126
Try another USB 2.0 port for the USB stick
Try another USB stick.

It started working with another port. Thank you!

After having everything up and running except for thunderbolt, I am crashing within the first 5 minutes of boot up over and over again. I have unplugged everything except for an ethernet cable. What is the best way to get help understanding and troubleshooting the attached crash log?

Attachments

• iMac Pro Crash log.txt
    46.8 KB · Views: 115
It seems, there is an issue with the sleep.
Disable it and check for crashes.
If there are no crashes, check the @kgp's guide for tuning Vega card in the system to solve this issue.

It seems, there is an issue with the sleep.
Disable it and check for crashes.
If there are no crashes, check the @kgp's guide for tuning Vega card in the system to solve this issue.
I went in to energy saving settings inside os x and turned off everything except to put hard drive to sleep when possible, but it still can't seem to keep from crashing within a couple of minutes after boot and login. The fan presumably on the video card is going full bore constantly after login which I have read is common with the vega cards. I searched the site for things like "kgp vega" and "tuning vega", etc but couldn't really find the specific thread you were referring to. I found a couple posts from pastrychef that had some mention of an app to install to control video card voltage and fan. Does that sound appropriate or is there a specific kgp thread you could point me to?

The link is in my 1st post. There is a complete guide for x299 M/B and one section is dedicated to Vega' configuration.

Great post! This was very helpful with setting up my Hack.

One question, you covered various scenarios for GPUs. What should I do if I intend on installing two Vega 64 GPUs or two Vega Frontier Editions.

Thanks!

Great post! This was very helpful with setting up my Hack.

One question, you covered various scenarios for GPUs. What should I do if I intend on installing two Vega 64 GPUs or two Vega Frontier Editions.

Thanks!
Edit SSDT for GPU using @kgp's main guide.

But I've tested Vega 64 (MSI AIR Boost 8G OC) in 10.14.5 w/o SSDT and there were no issues (although, I've might not test all possible scenarios).

Edit SSDT for GPU using @kgp's main guide.

But I've tested Vega 64 (MSI AIR Boost 8G OC) in 10.14.5 w/o SSDT and there were no issues (although, I've might not test all possible scenarios).

Will do! I'm still on 10.13.6 until I'm ready to completely go AMD. One thing I have noticed is that when exporting in Final Cut Pro, it only uses about 25% of my CPU and doesn't use my GPUs at all. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back