Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-6700 / HD530 / ASUS Z170-A / Sierra 10.12.2 - slow boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the guys having audio problems:

Check out the Youtube link below. I used that method and the only thing i did differently was google search the most up to date AppleHDA.kext instead of using the one the guy in the video had the link for. It worked flawlessly and I have the Asus Z170-A motherboard. It is worth noting that you will get different sound output selections for each of the motherboard's line out jacks. I'm not sure if that is normal, but I use an external audio interface for recording and playing back music usually so it isn't a big deal to me.

Youtube link:

Link for the AppleHDA.kext that i used (See post#3):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unpatched-original-applehda-kext-sierra-10-12.202563/

Let me know if I can help further

To the guys having audio problems:

Check out the Youtube link below. I used that method and the only thing i did differently was google search the most up to date AppleHDA.kext instead of using the one the guy in the video had the link for. It worked flawlessly and I have the Asus Z170-A motherboard. It is worth noting that you will get different sound output selections for each of the motherboard's line out jacks. I'm not sure if that is normal, but I use an external audio interface for recording and playing back music usually so it isn't a big deal to me.

Youtube link:

Link for the AppleHDA.kext that i used (See post#3):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unpatched-original-applehda-kext-sierra-10-12.202563/

Let me know if I can help further

In reading some of these issues, I read from somebody - they made a good argument - that you should NEVER replace the most recent OEM vanilla AppleHDA.kext that is shipping with the latest Sierra OS release from Apple. I don't know if that is true, but I bring it up for discussion.

In reading some of these issues, I read from somebody - they made a good argument - that you should NEVER replace the most recent OEM vanilla AppleHDA.kext that is shipping with the latest Sierra OS release from Apple. I don't know if that is true, but I bring it up for discussion.

I would really like to read where you go this from because my rig seems to be working fine now. This is my first hackintosh build though so I have no doubt that I could have done something ill-advised. Also, as stated earlier, I will most often be using a focusrite audio interface for input/output sound and my onboard audio is not as crucial. Any further reading and info you might have that I don't would be much appreciated and noted for any future builds of mine.

Thanks,
Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back