Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite 10.10.x [Full Temp Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally get in to installer
but when I finish it >> restart >> I can`t find the disk that I install OSX on clover....
I have install for 3 times.....

have any suggest..?

Hi,thanks for your guide

i have built the same as you to have a Pro tools editing machine

everything seems to work fine with chimera except fakesmc plugins, every time i install them the system stops booting after installation (tried different versions, always the same result)

Now, i am truing to move to clover, but after all the installation of clover (apparently successful) the clover/uefi boot option doesn´t show up in bios boot options! i have tried several times with 2 different ssd and i get the same result :(

do you have any idea?

thank you

I finally get in to installer
but when I finish it >> restart >> I can`t find the disk that I install OSX on clover....
I have install for 3 times.....

have any suggest..?

well if your following this guide you shouldn't be using clover. This is the chimera method. After installation reboot from your usb drive and then the installation drive should pop up.

Hi,thanks for your guide

i have built the same as you to have a Pro tools editing machine

everything seems to work fine with chimera except fakesmc plugins, every time i install them the system stops booting after installation (tried different versions, always the same result)

Now, i am truing to move to clover, but after all the installation of clover (apparently successful) the clover/uefi boot option doesn´t show up in bios boot options! i have tried several times with 2 different ssd and i get the same result :(

do you have any idea?

thank you

just select the hard drive to boot from when you install osx in the bios. This installation does not use clover by the way

Hey guys,

I'll be following this guide for a similar build.

GA-X99-UD4P
e5 1650 v3
16x2 Crucial Ballistix
GA GTX970 G1

Let you all know later how that works :wave:

Thanks for all the shared info

well if your following this guide you shouldn't be using clover. This is the chimera method. After installation reboot from your usb drive and then the installation drive should pop up.

just select the hard drive to boot from when you install osx in the bios. This installation does not use clover by the way

and what about fakesmc plugins? everytime i install them the system becomes unbootable...

and does your cpu is recognized on "about this mac" my cpu appears as unknown

and what about fakesmc plugins? everytime i install them the system becomes unbootable...

and does your cpu is recognized on "about this mac" my cpu appears as unknown

fake smc plugins always worked for me

and it is normal for cpu to appear as unknown in about this mac in osx yosemite when using chimera.

When using clover it will say "6 core intel xeon" but chimera is the better method for yosemite. If you want clover switch to el capitan

Great idea! Please try the usb > ethernet and see if it works. If it does then I'll add it to my guide as a workaround to solve the internet issue where the system hangs.

But! Computer works FLAWLESS on El Capitan if you follow my guide for 10.11.2. No reboots, and the gui is much faster due to the upgraded "Metal API" In 10.11.3 (current version which I am not upgrading to) there is no fix for onboard sound (but can still use USB Audio). But in 10.11.2 it all works!

OK tested it, but unfortunately doesn't work here.
I removed the Intel Ethernet kext, installed a USB->Ethernet adapter, which worked both in OSX and W7 but hanged OSX after about an hour. Second time it hanged after 5 minutes.
I'm not 100% if this problem has something to do with browsing internet, but happens almost always WHEN browsing the net.
Would there be an option to see in the log files what causes this crash? I'm not so into OSX to know where to look or to find the reason why the system hangs..

Otherwise I ran out of options to solve it, I think :banghead:
Do other people also have this problem ? I dont read much about it.
I'm thinking of moving to El Capitan, because i do'nt have many options left..
Can we conclude that this build is not 100% working (but maybe 99% or so) ?

OK tested it, but unfortunately doesn't work here.
I removed the Intel Ethernet kext, installed a USB->Ethernet adapter, which worked both in OSX and W7 but hanged OSX after about an hour. Second time it hanged after 5 minutes.
I'm not 100% if this problem has something to do with browsing internet, but happens almost always WHEN browsing the net.
Would there be an option to see in the log files what causes this crash? I'm not so into OSX to know where to look or to find the reason why the system hangs..

Otherwise I ran out of options to solve it, I think :banghead:
Do other people also have this problem ? I dont read much about it.
I'm thinking of moving to El Capitan, because i do'nt have many options left..
Can we conclude that this build is not 100% working (but maybe 99% or so) ?

yeah sorry I can't edit the title so thats the big bug of it. It hangs when browsing internet. Not sure why. El capitan does not have this issue I have never had a single reboot in the 2 months I've had it installed

yeah sorry I can't edit the title so thats the big bug of it. It hangs when browsing internet. Not sure why. El capitan does not have this issue I have never had a single reboot in the 2 months I've had it installed

EDIT: Forget my last post, it seems to be working !

I forgot to disable Ethernet / Onboard Lan in the bios, so the system kept seeing it probably, and kept crashing.
Today i disabled onboard Lan in the bios, and didn't experienced a crash since then ! :D

I'm using a Goobar USB 2.0 -> Ethernet adaptor.
Will keep on testing, but so far it seems stable finally !!!

EDIT: Forget my last post, it seems to be working !

I forgot to disable Ethernet / Onboard Lan in the bios, so the system kept seeing it probably, and kept crashing.
Today i disabled onboard Lan in the bios, and didn't experienced a crash since then ! :D

I'm using a Goobar USB 2.0 -> Ethernet adaptor.
Will keep on testing, but so far it seems stable finally !!!

Ok report back later this week, let me know if there was a crash and if it's still stable I will update guide to include this information. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back