Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was probably said somewhere, but I'm not sure. I already have an OS on my PC (Win10). If I were to install macOS like in the guide above, would I still be also able to use windows? (I DO have a bunch of separate hard drives, so macOS would be on its own drive). Thanks!

This was probably said somewhere, but I'm not sure. I already have an OS on my PC (Win10). If I were to install macOS like in the guide above, would I still be also able to use windows? (I DO have a bunch of separate hard drives, so macOS would be on its own drive). Thanks!

of course! Once mac is installed to its own drive, select it as the boot drive in the bios (uefi), and make sure ntfs.efi is installed in clover. Then add timeout -1 in clover configurator so clover give a selection screen of drives to boot to. then hide all other drives / partitions except your mac / windows drives. then when you boot, clover will let you select to boot mac or pc without needing to go into the bios.

Hey Malki, thanks again for this great guide.
all went fine with the install but i could boot in my fresh High Sierra from ssd only once.
my second boot from ssd is stuck. 2 sec on apple logo then restart.
I tried to boot my install from unibeast key but still the same problem...
ill try to upload what verbose mode showed me but it's very fast !

would love to get some help with you guys

Hey Malki, thanks again for this great guide.
all went fine with the install but i could boot in my fresh High Sierra from ssd only once.
my second boot from ssd is stuck. 2 sec on apple logo then restart.
I tried to boot my install from unibeast key but still the same problem...
ill try to upload what verbose mode showed me but it's very fast !

would love to get some help with you guys

could be graphics card issue. this is actually the guide for 10.12 the guide for 10.13 is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

Hey Malki,

All was great on my machine (setup with this guide), since I pluged a new PCIE card today (Blackmagic Monitor 4K, fully supported in macOS).
The card works, but the system won't shut down anymore. If I shut down, it reboots. ONLY when I plug the card.

Have you any idea why ?

Here is my PCI E cards :

GTX960 (2 slots)
Wifi BT card (1slot)
> No problem

BM card (1slot)
> Can't shut down.

I don't know where to look first so if you have an idea.

Thanks !

Hey Malki,

All was great on my machine (setup with this guide), since I pluged a new PCIE card today (Blackmagic Monitor 4K, fully supported in macOS).
The card works, but the system won't shut down anymore. If I shut down, it reboots. ONLY when I plug the card.

Have you any idea why ?

Here is my PCI E cards :

GTX960 (2 slots)
Wifi BT card (1slot)
> No problem

BM card (1slot)
> Can't shut down.

I don't know where to look first so if you have an idea.

Thanks !

not sure. should work no problem. check if card seated properly. otherwise ask around on forums. I have a Pro Tools HD PCI E card (cost $1500) works no problem... although its not the same thing as the black magic card...

I have been using this build now for about one year and didn't had any crashes yet :)
Very happy with it.

However, i am using 2 monitors (hdmi + dvi) but recently added a 3rd one (old vga monitor with dvi->vga adapter on my Geforce GTX970).
With the 3rd one plugged in, OSX crashes on startup. Clover boots up, Apple logo shows, but then it restarts.
I tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, using only monitor 1 (main) and 3 (old vga) but then OSX also won't start, so it's defenitely the cause of this monitor. I also use Win7 on another disk and this one starts up fine, can use my 3 monitors all together here. Any suggestions?

I have been using this build now for about one year and didn't had any crashes yet :)
Very happy with it.

However, i am using 2 monitors (hdmi + dvi) but recently added a 3rd one (old vga monitor with dvi->vga adapter on my Geforce GTX970).
With the 3rd one plugged in, OSX crashes on startup. Clover boots up, Apple logo shows, but then it restarts.
I tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, using only monitor 1 (main) and 3 (old vga) but then OSX also won't start, so it's defenitely the cause of this monitor. I also use Win7 on another disk and this one starts up fine, can use my 3 monitors all together here. Any suggestions?

I dont think you can use vga monitor even with adapter. Might want to sell that monitor and get a more up to date one. I used to run triple monitors on OSX all the time with few problems. Actually 10.13 has been the best for that since I had 2 4k and 1 1080, sometimes things get weird when its diff res monitors. Now i just run 2 4k monitors bc the 1080p monitor was actually a tv i had connected from the next room

I dont think you can use vga monitor even with adapter. Might want to sell that monitor and get a more up to date one. I used to run triple monitors on OSX all the time with few problems. Actually 10.13 has been the best for that since I had 2 4k and 1 1080, sometimes things get weird when its diff res monitors. Now i just run 2 4k monitors bc the 1080p monitor was actually a tv i had connected from the next room

True that Malki. Today i connected a 3rd dvi/hdmi monitor to this build and that just works out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back