Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. What kind of boot times our you guys seen?
I'm at 48sec from hitting the button.
Gigabyte splash screen takes 15sec to appear. Seems a bit slow. I did read x99 doesn't boot as fast. Something to due with ram timing.
I'm running
GA-x99m gaming 5
16gb ram. Corsair
Two corsair force gt in raid0 for boot drive.

Hi there. So upon trying to instal Sierra onto my build I get stuck at this screen after pressing Boot Mac OS X from USB.

"
Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...
Result = 0
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"
Specs:
Intel Xeon 1650v4
Nvidia EVGA 970
32Gb Ram
Asus x99 aII
Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. So upon trying to instal Sierra onto my build I get stuck at this screen after pressing Boot Mac OS X from USB.

"
Result = 0
"
Specs:
Intel Xeon 1650v4
Nvidia EVGA 970
32Gb Ram
Asus x99 aII
Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Hi to everyone.
Same error here.
GA-X99-UD4 F22
i7-6800K
nVidia 610 works OOB with every Mac/Hack

I've tried remove all flags without luck.
Any idea?
Thanks a lot malki :)

Hi to everyone.
Same error here.
GA-X99-UD4 F22
i7-6800K

Any idea?

Hi ancas
I believe that you are booting correctly from your usb drive. I get that display too for a while, then after a certain delay booting continues and ends up on the Mac OS X installation page. Just make sure that the contents of your drivers64UEFI folder matches mine. This guide worked very well for me and I must say it is the easiest to use I have found so far. Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 10.15.24 AM.jpg

Hi ancas
I believe that you are booting correctly from your usb drive. I get that display too for a while, then after a certain delay booting continues and ends up on the Mac OS X installation page. Just make sure that the contents of your drivers64UEFI folder matches mine. This guide worked very well for me and I must say it is the easiest to use I have found so far.View attachment 225233

Thank you Coquin for the answer. I have the USB installer exactly as yours, but doesn't works. Freeze with the same error as above. Maybe is my intel 6800k or the nVidia 610... I don't know.
Any different idea please?

Or 10.12.2 usb installer with unibeast...

Thank you Coquin for the answer. I have the USB installer exactly as yours, but doesn't works. Freeze with the same error as above. Maybe is my intel 6800k or the nVidia 610... I don't know.
Any different idea please?

Hi
I am no expert but assuming that your bios settings are right, I would suggest that you use several different usb ports. On my computer there seems to be only one of the four usb 2.0 ports that work(for installation). I can also install using the front usb 3.0 port. And sometimes usb boot will fail on one usb port and then it will work for a reason that I don't understand.

Good luck

malki
I have an intel mobo running El Capitan without any problems and want to upgrade to the GA X99 Designare EX mobo and i7-6950X processor. I can't up grade to Sierra yet since I am running software that is not compatible yet.

Is it possible to setup your plist and multi beast on my existing system first then swap boards/processors and then modify the bios as you instructed on startup? I really don't want to reinstall all of my software again.

I also noticed that Misc > VoodooTSCSync > (Doesn't support "VooDooTSCSync 10 Core")
Is there a work around?

Geeter has a working version of this, but I haven't heard from him yet...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-x99-designare-ex-6950x-working-10-11-6.200946/#post-1387666

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..:)

You can try it! But I can't gaurentee success! I have an el capitan guide here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/

Works perfectly, I followed your instructions to the letter and I had no issues installing whatsoever, my system is core i7 5820k, GTX960, Asus x99-a. Thanks a lot for your guide and help.

Great! Glad it's working!

Hi guys, my system doesn't boot into the MacOs installer screen at step 6. I should point out that there is no file named OsXAptioFix2Drv.efi in /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. However I found OsXAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and I decided to delete it instead (moved it to Desktop actually). That's the only difference in my process. Any thoughts what the problem could be?

You need to delete both files. follow my guide and ONLY add this file: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

From this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d74tdymovdxmlly/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?dl=0

Also, is it normal, that EFI Mounter opens some sort of random folder that doesn't even exist on the flash drive? What is it and what the point to use EFI Mounter?

View media item 187951

That is the EFI Partition for the flash drive. It has clover on it too so you can install OSX! go into that folder and you will see your clover folder.

Hello. What kind of boot times our you guys seen?
I'm at 48sec from hitting the button.
Gigabyte splash screen takes 15sec to appear. Seems a bit slow. I did read x99 doesn't boot as fast. Something to due with ram timing.
I'm running
GA-x99m gaming 5
16gb ram. Corsair
Two corsair force gt in raid0 for boot drive.

I agree, mine's not the fastest boot either. Even with windows doesn' t boot up very fast. I am ok With that. It's not slow or anything. I installed 10.9 on a friends old i7 sandy bridge last week, with a regular samsung ssd it boots super fast. But performance is no where near as good as my i7 5820k. I'd rather have faster cpu than faster boot

"
Result = 0
"
Specs:
Intel Xeon 1650v4
Nvidia EVGA 970
32Gb Ram
Asus x99 aII
Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Delete OsxAptioFixDrv or anything like that. Instead use this file: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

From this link:

THANKS ALOT MAN YOUR AWSOME ARE YOU A AI PROGRAMMER TRY USING AI SCRIPTS IN THE DSDT.

I am not a programmer I actually don't know that much about any of this. All I did with my guide was gather information already available and compile it into a working guide through a lot of trial and error

Hi to everyone.
Same error here.
GA-X99-UD4 F22
i7-6800K

Any idea?

Delete OsxAptioFixDrv or anything like that. Instead use this file: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

From this link:

Hi to everyone.
Same error here.
GA-X99-UD4 F22
i7-6800K

Any idea?

Hey so after many issues got my build to work using this guide following almost to the t (had to change a few things since I used 10.12.1. one being the terminal command that made the installer bootable as well as deleting one of the kexts that has 10.11 in the name) got it to boot up and haven't had any major issues yet!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back