Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a full install guide using Unibeast / Clover to install OS X El Capitan 10.12 on your custom built Haswell E X99 Computer! I made this guide from using instructions gathered from the TonyMac forums. 10.12 appears to be the most solid version of MacOs for x99!

What's working:
Everything!!!! 100% on 10.12!!!!

* Update * I have now found out sleep / wake does not work. I don't use it so it's not something I care about. If anyone figures out a fix let me know.

The build:
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 (Motherboard)
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor (Cpu)
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400 RAM (Memory)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB (Graphics Card)
Sandisk Extreme ii 120GB SSD (El Capitan drive)
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD (Windows Drive for dual boot)
(3) Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB (Hard Drives)
Old Maxtor 500gb Drive (still works)
Antec DF-85 (Computer Case)
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 (Power Supply)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Cpu Cooler)
Samsung CD / DVD-RW Burner With LightScribe (for when I rarely need a cd/dvd drive)

Requirements for this install:
An empty flash drive for Unibeast + an already working copy of OS X to make the drive.

Highly Recommended for this install:
USB Audio Device (I have bought a Sarbent USB Audio Device for 7.99 to enable audio on this build) for audio just in case onboard audio goes out (it can fairly easily if you change anything)

Pre installation requirements:
Update Bios to f22 from Gigabyte's Website (for x99 ud4 motherboard) @ http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5123#bios

Go into bios, use "load optimized defaults"

Save.

Thats it.

Bios settings not required, but recommended for this install:
go into bios under frequency settings set "cpu boost 5820k to 4.3 ghz"
set memory settings xmp memory profile to "profile 1" or "profile 2" (depending on your memory speed)

this will overclock your cpu and memory, you may or may not want to do that. i reccommend it. computer definetly runs better with overclocking. It's automatic and the motherboard takes care of all the voltage settings. Use 4.3ghz for your cpu and profile 1 or profile 2 depending on the speed of your memory. I use profile 1 because I am using 2400mhz memory.

Pre Install - Step 1
Use the tonymacx86 method to install "Sierra" to a USB Flash Drive using Unibeast. You will need to make an account on tonymacx86 to be able to download Unibeast.

Here is the link to the guide to make the unibeast flash drive:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Install unibeast / El Capitan To flash Drive using the guide from the link I posted.

Pre Install - Step 2
After installing Unibeast / El capitan flash drive you will need to get "EFI Mount 3 and Clover Configurator".

Get Clover Configurator from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

Get EFI Mount 3 from the Downloads section > Community Software @ Tonymacx86.com Link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10 (must be logged in to view this page)

Pre Install - Step 3
Copy EFI Mounter 3 / Clover Configurator to Your Applications. Then open the EFI partition from the unibeast drive (it should already be mounted).

(If it is not mounted open EFI Mounter 3 and mount the first selection in the menu. Then open the EFI partition from the unibeast drive)

Pre Install - Step 4
Download Test2-2016.efi from this link: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

Copy Test2-2016.efi to your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. (This is the key to getting the unibeast drive to boot!)

- Thanks to Sunman for the info! https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/so-close-to-success-x99-ud4-5820k-x290-5770-sierra-boot.203495/ <---- reference link

Pre Install - Step 5
Open config.plist from the EFI > Clover folder on your Unibeast drive with Clover Configurator.

In the "Boot" Section of Clover Configurator Tick:

dart=0
nv_disable=1
npci=0x2000

in the custom flags box type
-v -f

Now your ready to install MacOS Sierra!

Install - Step 6
Reboot your computer and choose to boot from usb drive. It should boot into the MacOs installer screen!

Follow the guide from Tonymacx86 to complete the installation: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

After 10.12 is installed continue to follow this guide.

Install - Step 7
Now that it's installed, boot once again from your Unibeast drive, but this time select your new MacOs Installation from the clover screen. You should not need any extra boot flags. If it does not boot try adding -f (if you have not added it before). Continue to set up the computer and finish the boot until you see the desktop. Remove your Unibeast drive.

Post Install - Step 8
Download & run Multibeast - Sierra from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/tonymacx86-downloads.3/

Select These Options:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI Sata
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party Sata (I use a pci-e sata card, so I used this driver, probably not required if using onboard sata)
Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Misc > VoodooTSCSync > VooDooTSCSync 6 Core
Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e (newest version you can get)
USB > 3rd Party USB

Install Multibeast.

Post Install - Step 9
After installing Multibeast the EFI Partition for your MacOs install should automatically mount.

Copy Test2-2016.efi to /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI on your system drive

Open config.plist from the EFI > Clover folder on your system drive with Clover Configurator

Post Install - Step 10
In the "Boot" Section of Clover Configurator Tick:

dart=0
npci=0x2000

Then go down to "System Parameters" Section of Clover Configurator

In the drop down menu above "Inject Kexts" Select Yes (will be used to enable onboard sound via VoodooHDA.Kext)
Put a check mark in the box next to "NvidiaWeb" (will be used to enable Nvidia graphics card via web drivers)

Then go down to "Install Drivers" under the "Tools" Section of Clover Configurator (Bottom Left).

Make sure these drivers are installed (grey means installed):

Drivers UEFI 64 Bit (Bottom Left Menu): OsxAptioFix2Drv & EmuVariableUefi
Extra Drivers (Bottom Right Menu): HFSPlus UEFI, OSXFatBinaryDrv UEFI

Go to File > Save and save your config.plist. Close Clover Configurator.

Post Install - Step 11
Download VoodooHDA 2.8.9 https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/?source=navbar (File is: VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip )

Copy VoodooHDA.Kext to EFI > Clover > Kexts > Other

Delete all other folders inside "Kexts" folder, except the "Other" folder

This will enable onboard sound.

Post Install - Step 11
Download and install NVidia Web Drivers from: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/107807/en-us

Reboot

Post Install - Step 12
Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal enter 'sudo trimforce enable' (without the ''s) this will enable Trim if using an SSD Drive (Highly recommended, SSD only)

System will reboot automatically.

Congratulations you now have a fully working x99 Hackintosh running 10.12!

Optional Install - Dual Boot with Windows
In order to dual boot with windows 10 you will need to open up your config.plist file again.

Open EFI Mounter 3 and mount the first selection in the menu. Then open the EFI partition and open config.plist from the Clover folder with Clover Configurator.

In the "Boot" Section of Clover Configurator change the "Legacy" menu on the top right to "LegacyBiosDefault" (it should say PBR by default)

Then go down to "Install Drivers" under the "Tools" Section of Clover Configurator (Bottom Left).

Make sure these drivers are installed (grey means installed):

Extra Drivers (Bottom Right Menu): NTFS

Go to File > Save and save your config.plist. Close Clover Configurator.

You should now be able to dual boot with Windows from the Clover Menu!

Disable Gatekeeper In MacOs Sierra

The Gatekeeper settings can be found in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. The Gatekeeper options are located beneath “All apps downloaded from:” with the choice of “Anywhere” missing.

Thankfully, the “Anywhere” setting can be restored to Gatekeeper in Sierra with a Terminal command. First, quit System Preferences if it’s open and then open a new Terminal window. Enter the following command, followed by your admin password when prompted:

sudo spctl --master-disable

Now, relaunch System Preferences and head back to the Gatekeeper settings. You’ll now see that “Anywhere” has been restored. Click the padlock in the lower-left corner to enter your password and make changes, then select “Anywhere” from the list of Gatekeeper options. The security feature will no longer bug you about apps from unidentified developers.

How To Optimize OS X!
Go to system Preferences > Mission Control, untick all check boxes. turn dashboard off (may require log out / log back in)

Go to system preferences > Security & Privacy, Under General > untick all check boxes (may require clicking lock at bottom left of box), fill in bubble on allow apps downloaded from anywhere (now system boots to desktop and auto logs in without needing password) Under Privacy tab > Untick enable location services

Go To system preferences > spotlight, untick all check boxes in search results tab, then go to privacy tab, drag all drives into that tab. This will turn spotlight off, so you can't search, but will make computer faster. If you want to keep search function, don't do this, but if you want faster computer. Turn it all off!

Go to system preferences > notifications, untick everything, then go to notification panel on the top right of screen, and click the grey box at the bottom. Drag any apps with the red coicon next to them to the green icon section. That will turn off all notifications for apps (speeds up computer a bit)

Go To System Preferences > Energy Saver, turn display off after: Never (drag bar all the way to right) untick all check boxes, especially untick put hard drives to sleep

Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth, turn bluetooth off (unless you need it then turn bluetooth on)

Go to System Preferences > App Store, untick automatically check for updates

Go to System Preferences > Siri, untick Enable Siri

Thats about the extent of it,
Good luck!!!!

Hi

I am getting stuck in the Install Step 6, attaching the error message i'm getting.

Please help.

Attachments

• 20161113_023754.jpg
    20161113_023754.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 234
Is the sata controller set to something other than ahci? Make sure its set to ahci in the bios. Also update bios to newest version. Other than that that sounds really weird and should not be doing that at all. Have the drives been previously used or are they brand new?
Set to AHCI latest BIOS double checked to see if they are ok, new HDDs/SSDs, even tried to format one of them in another mac but apparently I don't get to the installer part where I can select on what disk to install Sierra.
Tried to boot ElCapitan there I can see my disks and I can format them everything went OK with the installation.
Frankly I am out of ideas that I can try

Set to AHCI latest BIOS double checked to see if they are ok, new HDDs/SSDs, even tried to format one of them in another mac but apparently I don't get to the installer part where I can select on what disk to install Sierra.
Tried to boot ElCapitan there I can see my disks and I can format them everything went OK with the installation.
Frankly I am out of ideas that I can try

so el capitan works but not sierra? weird. try redownloading and re creating the unibeast drive with a fresh copy of sierra

Hi Malki,

Thx very much for the great guide! Installed Sierra with no problems. Only thing is: osx sees my usb3.0 disk as usb 2.0. I figured I'd ask if you had to fiddle with this to get it to work? My system is basically the same as yours (Gigabyte x99 ud4, intel i7 5820k, nvidia 730GT, 16 GB Corsair ram, 120GB Samsung 850 Evo).

Cheers, Jasper

Asus X99-II, i7-5820K, GTX950, 32 gigs ram, Bios 1401

I created a USB installer as explained in this guide. After adding X99_Injector USB 3.kext I am able to get right to the Sierra Install window. I reach the language selection of Mac OS Sierra. Then I select my language "French", press enter but nothing happens. The installation hangs on that window. I tried selecting English instead of French but installation hangs there too. I must mention that there is no system freeze then as I can still move the mouse around.
I attempted a new installation today and by simply moving the mouse around I got to the Disk Utility window but it got stuck on "Searching for drives"; using the mouse I was able to display the Install history of which I attached a screenshot. I hope it means something to someone on this site.IMG_0311.JPG
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
My usb port only works as usb 2. Any idea? how to fix it?? Thanks.

Hi Malki,

Thx very much for the great guide! Installed Sierra with no problems. Only thing is: osx sees my usb3.0 disk as usb 2.0. I figured I'd ask if you had to fiddle with this to get it to work? My system is basically the same as yours (Gigabyte x99 ud4, intel i7 5820k, nvidia 730GT, 16 GB Corsair ram, 120GB Samsung 850 Evo).

Cheers, Jasper

The same problem. Any idea??

I've managed to get usb 3.0 to work. Did the install as described in the guide. Then I changed the generic usb kext with the InjectAll.kext from the usb boot drive I used for installing, and used the config.plist from the the usb disk too. (with unchecking nv_disable)
Basically this means using the inject all kext together with the port limit patch i guess.
I don't really understand the mechanics of it, so I'm not sure if this is the best solution out there, but it works:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back