Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey Malki,

All was great on my machine (setup with this guide), since I pluged a new PCIE card today (Blackmagic Monitor 4K, fully supported in macOS).
The card works, but the system won't shut down anymore. If I shut down, it reboots. ONLY when I plug the card.

Have you any idea why ?

Here is my PCI E cards :

GTX960 (2 slots)
Wifi BT card (1slot)
> No problem

BM card (1slot)
> Can't shut down.

I don't know where to look first so if you have an idea.

Thanks !
not sure. should work no problem. check if card seated properly. otherwise ask around on forums. I have a Pro Tools HD PCI E card (cost $1500) works no problem... although its not the same thing as the black magic card...

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have been using this build now for about one year and didn't had any crashes yet :)
Very happy with it.

However, i am using 2 monitors (hdmi + dvi) but recently added a 3rd one (old vga monitor with dvi->vga adapter on my Geforce GTX970).
With the 3rd one plugged in, OSX crashes on startup. Clover boots up, Apple logo shows, but then it restarts.
I tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, using only monitor 1 (main) and 3 (old vga) but then OSX also won't start, so it's defenitely the cause of this monitor. I also use Win7 on another disk and this one starts up fine, can use my 3 monitors all together here. Any suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
I have been using this build now for about one year and didn't had any crashes yet :)
Very happy with it.

However, i am using 2 monitors (hdmi + dvi) but recently added a 3rd one (old vga monitor with dvi->vga adapter on my Geforce GTX970).
With the 3rd one plugged in, OSX crashes on startup. Clover boots up, Apple logo shows, but then it restarts.
I tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, using only monitor 1 (main) and 3 (old vga) but then OSX also won't start, so it's defenitely the cause of this monitor. I also use Win7 on another disk and this one starts up fine, can use my 3 monitors all together here. Any suggestions?
I dont think you can use vga monitor even with adapter. Might want to sell that monitor and get a more up to date one. I used to run triple monitors on OSX all the time with few problems. Actually 10.13 has been the best for that since I had 2 4k and 1 1080, sometimes things get weird when its diff res monitors. Now i just run 2 4k monitors bc the 1080p monitor was actually a tv i had connected from the next room

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I dont think you can use vga monitor even with adapter. Might want to sell that monitor and get a more up to date one. I used to run triple monitors on OSX all the time with few problems. Actually 10.13 has been the best for that since I had 2 4k and 1 1080, sometimes things get weird when its diff res monitors. Now i just run 2 4k monitors bc the 1080p monitor was actually a tv i had connected from the next room
True that Malki. Today i connected a 3rd dvi/hdmi monitor to this build and that just works out of the box.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android