Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi Malki,

Just a quick question; i'm still on Yosemite 10.10.5 and want to upgrade to OSX Sierra in the coming Christmas holiday via your guide, I have almost the same setup :)

Thing is, i want to make a triple boot system like i have now.
- First HD; OSX Yosemite
- Second HD; Win7, legacy (bios)
- Third HD; Win10, uefi

However i now use the Chimera Bootloader to select between OS.
Am i going to fase any problems when trying to triple boot with the Clover bootloader?

Thanks in advance.
Clover is way better. Zero problems with multi boot!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
I now have a guide for how to install High Sierra 10.13 on this same hardware configuration! 10.13 works much better with my Gpu (Nvidia 1080ti). I notice zero mouse lag, there was a tiny bit before compared to windows. Also now my dual 4k monitors + my 1080p tv all connected are recognized properly 100%. Before, I wasn't getting all the scaling options. It would make a text menu for scaling options on one of my monitors (which I didn't want), while the other one was properly showing the pictures and saying Larger text ______________ More space. Now all monitors have that!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-i7-5820k-gtx-970-ga-x99-ud4-high-sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

Motherboard
X99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
ASUS STRIX ROG 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Done. High Sierra perfect. Better than Sierra.
Hi ! Did you upgrade from Sierra or clean install from scratch ? I would like to update my current system without need to start from scratch. Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi ! Did you upgrade from Sierra or clean install from scratch ? I would like to update my current system without need to start from scratch. Thanks
Reinstalled from scratch. I would not reccommend just updating. Reinstall from scratch for best result. Back up all data to a separate drive and install from scratch

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
NVidia gtx 970
Thank you so much Malki. After 2 days I have installed a full working desktop here. suprisingly even sound is working through headphone jacket and via display port to my monitor speakers too.

some settings I have to applied when I set my machine up (same motherboard and cpu and ssd)

1. nvdisable=1
2. inject nv driver unticked
3. Nvidia web driver ticked
4. unplugged all hard rives and USB ports.- one of my monitor has a sd reader which was causing the "missing or damaged system" error
5. hdmi doesn't work, has to transmit via display ports.

Now will challenge to install it on a dell xps 15!

Thanks again

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Thank you so much Malki. After 2 days I have installed a full working desktop here. suprisingly even sound is working through headphone jacket and via display port to my monitor speakers too.

some settings I have to applied when I set my machine up (same motherboard and cpu and ssd)

1. nvdisable=1
2. inject nv driver unticked
3. Nvidia web driver ticked
4. unplugged all hard rives and USB ports.- one of my monitor has a sd reader which was causing the "missing or damaged system" error
5. hdmi doesn't work, has to transmit via display ports.

Now will challenge to install it on a dell xps 15!

Thanks again
glad its working. if you have same mobo as me sound will eventually go out. could be a week or a few weeks but it eventually goes out and im not sure why. this is why i recommend a usb sound adapter.

btw dont need nvdisable=1 if using nvidia web driver

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
NVidia gtx 970
glad its working. if you have same mobo as me sound will eventually go out. could be a week or a few weeks but it eventually goes out and im not sure why. this is why i recommend a usb sound adapter.

btw dont need nvdisable=1 if using nvidia web driver
Thanks

Now I found a problem... after idle for a while the computer goes to sleep and never lit the monitor again unless rebooting..

any clue for a solution?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Clover is way better. Zero problems with multi boot!
Installed Sierra yesterday, but am unable to boot the legacy windows versions on my other 2 harddisks unfortunately.
I have to MBR disks with win7 and win10. I was able to boot windows 10 after doing this trick;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-with-booting-windows-10-with-clover-uefi.174198/#post-1139181

But win7 i am still unable to boot...
I installed Sierra with Clover in Legacy mode, because i thought they are all 'legacy' disks then.
I also tried to convert Win7 MBR to GPT, which boots from clover, but gets errors sometimes.

What am i doing wrong here?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel Core I7 5820K
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Installed Sierra yesterday, but am unable to boot the legacy windows versions on my other 2 harddisks unfortunately.
I have to MBR disks with win7 and win10. I was able to boot windows 10 after doing this trick;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-with-booting-windows-10-with-clover-uefi.174198/#post-1139181

But win7 i am still unable to boot...
I installed Sierra with Clover in Legacy mode, because i thought they are all 'legacy' disks then.
I also tried to convert Win7 MBR to GPT, which boots from clover, but gets errors sometimes.

What am i doing wrong here?
From my guide:

• If it doesn't boot from clover, you have installed windows without UEFI:

In the "Boot" Section of Clover Configurator change the "Legacy" menu on the top right to "LegacyBiosDefault" (it should say PBR by default)

Then go down to "Install Drivers" under the "Tools" Section of Clover Configurator (Bottom Left).

Make sure these drivers are installed (grey means installed):

Extra Drivers (Bottom Right Menu): NTFS

Go to File > Save and save your config.plist. Close Clover Configurator.

You should now be able to dual boot with Windows from the Clover Menu!

Basically gotta change it from PBR mode to LegacyBiosDefault in clover. Or reinstall windows in UEFI Mode