Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, @malki

I'm going to build a new hackintosh with x99-UD4 + 5820k.
Do you have it run fine in High Sierra? :D

And do you have fully CPU power management? Because I saw you have NullCPUPowerManagement in your kext list. As far as I know/remember, that kext will let the cpu run at full speed all the time.
Plz correct me if I'm wrong. :(

Hello there i was trying to instal high sierra using this guide (i got same set-up only difrence is gtx 1060) i have followed whole guide up to Multibeast post install and at this stage Multibeast crash. every time i try to instal addintional kext etc using multibeast is crashing. (in multibeast when am at last step "current configuration" at the right hand side there is : select install drive < and this is empty all the time. And i just can't select proper drive to instal this :/

So i was trying to install all kext and packages on by one from (multibeast/show contents/resources) .inspite of this i cant boot from sierra_SSD at all. I was able only boot this instal "using sierra usb instal stick" only. This also changed after when i installed last nvidia web drivers and at this time after rebooting clover have NO boot options :) Any idea what could be wrong? or maybe in case of high sierra there is totally different approach ?

i have seen other users was trying instal HS like @
ennoclao can You give me any tips?

Thanks for you time!

UPDATE:

i have menaged how to install this :) so ... all was done like in this tutorial but at the last stage before multibeast i have installed all kext one by one couse multibeast did not want to run. than i have copied whole efi from usb stick to my ssd sierra instalation than i COULD FINNALY BOOT WITHOUT USB. next was graphic a have added lilu.kext and nvidia fix kext , also i have to make sip temporary disable.

Last edited:
Hello,

My built is working very well but I have only one strange problem. My USB sound adapter stop working when I am using Final Cut Pro X or sometimes IINA video player. When I am scrolling on the video, the sound stop working, the USB disappear from the System Information, and then 30sec later it comes back. It does not happens with Premiere Pro.
Any idea why ???
That's him : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B016CU2PEU/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Thanks !

Hey malki, thanks for an awesome guide! Got my system up and running with just a few small questions:
How do you go about to get 4k 60hz the smoothest way? Do I need to apply the pixel clock patch and get switchresx, or do you know any other way? I'm currently running a gtx960, but might buy a gtx 1050 soon.

Also, sometimes my computer reboots when booting up, and sometimes the screen goes blank. If I change HDMI input on my monitor (tv) it sometimes works. I had the same problem with El Capitan.. Do you know what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance!

Use nvidia web drivers for your specific version of macos. It should work no problem. I had a gtx970 before i had a 1080ti they both did 4k 60hz no problems, with no extra steps needed. Nvidia web drivers are the key.

Done. High Sierra perfect. Better than Sierra.

Good job!

Hi, @malki

I'm going to build a new hackintosh with x99-UD4 + 5820k.
Do you have it run fine in High Sierra? :D

And do you have fully CPU power management? Because I saw you have NullCPUPowerManagement in your kext list. As far as I know/remember, that kext will let the cpu run at full speed all the time.
Plz correct me if I'm wrong. :(

I am still on sierra. Waiting for high sierra multibeast then Ill upgrade.

Hello there i was trying to instal high sierra using this guide (i got same set-up only difrence is gtx 1060) i have followed whole guide up to Multibeast post install and at this stage Multibeast crash. every time i try to instal addintional kext etc using multibeast is crashing. (in multibeast when am at last step "current configuration" at the right hand side there is : select install drive < and this is empty all the time. And i just can't select proper drive to instal this :/

So i was trying to install all kext and packages on by one from (multibeast/show contents/resources) .inspite of this i cant boot from sierra_SSD at all. I was able only boot this instal "using sierra usb instal stick" only. This also changed after when i installed last nvidia web drivers and at this time after rebooting clover have NO boot options :) Any idea what could be wrong? or maybe in case of high sierra there is totally different approach ?

i have seen other users was trying instal HS like @
ennoclao can You give me any tips?

Thanks for you time!

UPDATE:

i have menaged how to install this :) so ... all was done like in this tutorial but at the last stage before multibeast i have installed all kext one by one couse multibeast did not want to run. than i have copied whole efi from usb stick to my ssd sierra instalation than i COULD FINNALY BOOT WITHOUT USB. next was graphic a have added lilu.kext and nvidia fix kext , also i have to make sip temporary disable.

Good job!

Hello,

My built is working very well but I have only one strange problem. My USB sound adapter stop working when I am using Final Cut Pro X or sometimes IINA video player. When I am scrolling on the video, the sound stop working, the USB disappear from the System Information, and then 30sec later it comes back. It does not happens with Premiere Pro.
Any idea why ???
That's him : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B016CU2PEU/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Thanks !

Try different adapter or try spdif out (optical) from your onboard sound card.

Hi Malki,

Just a quick question; i'm still on Yosemite 10.10.5 and want to upgrade to OSX Sierra in the coming Christmas holiday via your guide, I have almost the same setup :)

Thing is, i want to make a triple boot system like i have now.
- First HD; OSX Yosemite
- Second HD; Win7, legacy (bios)
- Third HD; Win10, uefi

However i now use the Chimera Bootloader to select between OS.
Am i going to fase any problems when trying to triple boot with the Clover bootloader?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Malki,

Just a quick question; i'm still on Yosemite 10.10.5 and want to upgrade to OSX Sierra in the coming Christmas holiday via your guide, I have almost the same setup :)

Thing is, i want to make a triple boot system like i have now.
- First HD; OSX Yosemite
- Second HD; Win7, legacy (bios)
- Third HD; Win10, uefi

However i now use the Chimera Bootloader to select between OS.
Am i going to fase any problems when trying to triple boot with the Clover bootloader?

Thanks in advance.

Clover is way better. Zero problems with multi boot!

I now have a guide for how to install High Sierra 10.13 on this same hardware configuration! 10.13 works much better with my Gpu (Nvidia 1080ti). I notice zero mouse lag, there was a tiny bit before compared to windows. Also now my dual 4k monitors + my 1080p tv all connected are recognized properly 100%. Before, I wasn't getting all the scaling options. It would make a text menu for scaling options on one of my monitors (which I didn't want), while the other one was properly showing the pictures and saying Larger text ______________ More space. Now all monitors have that!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/

Done. High Sierra perfect. Better than Sierra.
Hi ! Did you upgrade from Sierra or clean install from scratch ? I would like to update my current system without need to start from scratch. Thanks

Hi ! Did you upgrade from Sierra or clean install from scratch ? I would like to update my current system without need to start from scratch. Thanks

Reinstalled from scratch. I would not reccommend just updating. Reinstall from scratch for best result. Back up all data to a separate drive and install from scratch

Thank you so much Malki. After 2 days I have installed a full working desktop here. suprisingly even sound is working through headphone jacket and via display port to my monitor speakers too.

some settings I have to applied when I set my machine up (same motherboard and cpu and ssd)

1. nvdisable=1
2. inject nv driver unticked
3. Nvidia web driver ticked
4. unplugged all hard rives and USB ports.- one of my monitor has a sd reader which was causing the "missing or damaged system" error
5. hdmi doesn't work, has to transmit via display ports.

Now will challenge to install it on a dell xps 15!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back