Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats because geekbench 5 uses different numbers that is how it is supposed to look. your system is working correctly. not sure why they did that but mine does the same ill post my scores soon
Thanks a lot for replay! !!! When i get that result i was like :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Malki I got one more question i just added second GTX 1060 card to the party to boost gpu performance. i guess that its not working as dual GPU sytem. Bledner & Davinci resolve, see the dual card installed, but in "About This Mac" there is only one listed,. Finnaly in system report there are two cards listed but one of theme is x16 lane and second one is x8 lane only ( card are installed i proper PCIE slot [PCIE_1 & PCIE_2 according to manual of motherboard ]. So is there any thing that i could do to make sure its working ? I checked the geekbench this program see those cards but separetly and when testing onle one is under test not two at the same time. at the screeens you can check my cuda drivers ( CUDA Driver Version: 418.163 , GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.113). If You got any ideas thanks for help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.49.48.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.49.48.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.49.37.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.49.37.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.38.23.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.38.23.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.51.06.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 22.51.06.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 114
Malki I got one more question i just added second GTX 1060 card to the party to boost gpu performance. i guess that its not working as dual GPU sytem. Bledner & Davinci resolve, see the dual card installed, but in "About This Mac" there is only one listed,. Finnaly in system report there are two cards listed but one of theme is x16 lane and second one is x8 lane only ( card are installed i proper PCIE slot [PCIE_1 & PCIE_2 according to manual of motherboard ]. So is there any thing that i could do to make sure its working ? I checked the geekbench this program see those cards but separetly and when testing onle one is under test not two at the same time. at the screeens you can check my cuda drivers ( CUDA Driver Version: 418.163 , GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.113). If You got any ideas thanks for help!

I am not sure how to get dual cards working. Did you try to use the SLI connector? I heard a 2nd card makes little to no difference in premiere which is why I don't use it, not sure about resolve (resolve never works good on my system). I did some searching on tonymac it looks like dual cards work better when using AMD graphics cards. Personally thats why I bought a 1080ti at the time (was best card out at the time and didn't want to bother with 2 lesser cards). If you want best performance while editing, transcode to Pro res Proxy 1080p i am able to edit smoothly while using this codec. Any 4k editing ruins my system when i start adding fx (but i always shoot and export in 4k)

If you want best performance while editing, transcode to Pro res Proxy 1080p i am able to edit smoothly while using this codec. Any 4k editing ruins my system when i start adding fx (but i always shoot and export in 4k)
Hey @malki are you planning on migrating OS anytime soon? Also GPU? It's getting harder to collaborate wit coworkers using their Premiere 2020 project files.

Its getting closer to that time of refreshing a clean install, and im looking at my options :rolleyes:

Hey @malki are you planning on migrating OS anytime soon? Also GPU? It's getting harder to collaborate wit coworkers using their Premiere 2020 project files.

Its getting closer to that time of refreshing a clean install, and im looking at my options :rolleyes:

I recently upgraded to a 9900k but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I am back on my i7 5820k and my x99 motherboard. For what I do it works fine. I need it to be stable for video editing and all my effects need to work. That was not the case with the 9900k. Although it worked, some of my video effects no longer worked and the system was only marginally faster. Was not worth it. So for now this is it 10.13, I can't update to a newer OS until they make support for nvidia drivers unfortunately

Hi @malki hope all is up n rollin

After long waiting for RX580 back stock in stores and not happening, i decided to do a clean install still on a GTX970

OS was installed and needed some tweaks :banghead: for regular boot. Also, was not able to see the Boot options on Clover if i deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi from drivers64UEFI like you did on your Guide.

Nvidia Web drivers was not working for this OS version 10.13.6 ( 17G66 ) but was able to install thanks to Benjamin's code " bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) " and it installed NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.140, even though there isn't a specific.

Unfortunately I'm not being able to Shutdown properly, getting Cpu halt, and reboots. Tried bunch of options following other Solved feeds but still no luck and "FixShutdown" isn´t doing the trick.

Maybe @P1LGRIM can step up with more ideas.
Your config.plist says otherwise.

Try this edited version of your config.plist :
Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
Thanks for the reply. Was able to shutdown by removing FakeSMC, but on the next shutdowns didn't work.

Ended up removing both VirtualSMC and FakeSMC and voila, it sleeps and awakes and also shutdowns. Thank you

Also Removed HibernationFixup, CPUFriend and USBInjectAll as it was it installed as a trial error attempt.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Who can help me. My machine X99 UD - i7 5820k - GTX 750TI. I installed High Series 10.13.6 ( 17G66 ) But after doing Step 11 - Enabling USB 3.0 Support and restarting the computer, there is no USB port to accept. I have tried reinstalling and reinstalling many times, but to no avail. Everything I do is the same as the instructions. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back