Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree. It's rock solid on High Sierra. If it wasn't for dark mode on Mojave, I wouldn't be tempted! I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you do end up doing a guide.

Thanks again!

Upgrading to Mojave isn't all that difficult in all honesty. Theres just an update to a KextToPatch in CC to ensure your USB is working. The only real problem is that web driver support for Nvidia cards is lacking right now.

Upgrading to Mojave isn't all that difficult in all honesty. Theres just an update to a KextToPatch in CC to ensure your USB is working. The only real problem is that web driver support for Nvidia cards is lacking right now.
Really? Amazing. Does that mean I can just upgrade through the App Store and then change the kext? Or is a full install needed?

Hi @malki , I'm trawling threads looking for clues... can I ask you a few questions about the post quoted?

Do you know what boot argument "shikigva=12" does, and whether this is still a good idea? I understand that Shiki has been merged into WhateverGreen (https://github.com/acidanthera/Shiki) but don't understand the list of arguments for either of them.

And the same for "Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120003" -- is this still recommended, and what's it for? My searches have not been very illuminating.

My system is i7-8700 + 10.13.6 which works, + GTX 1060 which doesn't, btw.

config.plist changes:
  1. Navigate to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  2. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  3. Select System Parameters on left-side column
  4. Verify Inject Kexts is set to Yes
  5. Select Boot on left-side column
  6. Under Custom flags add:
    1. AMD users:
      1. shikigva=4
      2. -rad4200
    2. Nvidia users:
      1. shikigva=12
    3. Intel iGPU-only users:
      1. shikigva=1
  7. Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake Users:
    • Select Boot on left-side column
    • Click or add -disablegfxfirmware under Arguments
    • Select Devices on left-side column
    • Set IntelGFX box to: 0x59128086 or if using an i3-8100/i3-8350k set to: 0x59168086
    • Select Graphics on left-side column
    • Using Nvidia or AMD
      • Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120003
    • Using Intel iGPU
      • Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120000

Hi @malki , I'm trawling threads looking for clues... can I ask you a few questions about the post quoted?

Do you know what boot argument "shikigva=12" does, and whether this is still a good idea? I understand that Shiki has been merged into WhateverGreen (https://github.com/acidanthera/Shiki) but don't understand the list of arguments for either of them.

And the same for "Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120003" -- is this still recommended, and what's it for? My searches have not been very illuminating.

My system is i7-8700 + 10.13.6 which works, + GTX 1060 which doesn't, btw.

You only need whatevergreen if you plan to use mac pro system definition. I copied the information on what to use from various guides i have read online. If you are having trouble the best advice i have is to reinstall fresh from unibeast, then install multibeast and dont change system definition. Btw your 1060 will not work on mojave as of now, so make sure your still on high sierra. With default system definition (should be imac) on high sierra. Installing nvidia web drivers should work without whatevergreen kext. Also make sure to check "use web drivers" in clover configurator! After that, there should be no problems, then you can experiment with that kext / changing system definition

You only need whatevergreen if you plan to use mac pro system definition. I copied the information on what to use from various guides i have read online. If you are having trouble the best advice i have is to reinstall fresh from unibeast, then install multibeast and dont change system definition. Btw your 1060 will not work on mojave as of now, so make sure your still on high sierra. With default system definition (should be imac) on high sierra. Installing nvidia web drivers should work without whatevergreen kext. Also make sure to check "use web drivers" in clover configurator! After that, there should be no problems, then you can experiment with that kext / changing system definition
Thanks, yes am on HS... have tried all these things but little success, so I'm trying now to pick apart individual pieces. You don't remember where you got 0x59120003 and shikigva=12 from, perhaps?

Thanks, yes am on HS... have tried all these things but little success, so I'm trying now to pick apart individual pieces. You don't remember where you got 0x59120003 and shikigva=12 from, perhaps?

Unfortunately i cant post or refer you to certain external links it violates the policy here. Just delete that kext altogether and those boot flags. I gaurentee it isnt making a difference in whether your system is working or not. If you cannot get it working with what I explained then you may need to try a diff graphics card. It should be fairly simple

By the way please check page 1 of my guide again, i updated it a while ago, so you may be referring to obsolete info. I no longer use any of those boot flags. I only use lilu.kext / whatevergreen. Please check my guide on page 1 again. Thanks!

By the way please check page 1 of my guide again, i updated it a while ago, so you may be referring to obsolete info. I no longer use any of those boot flags. I only use lilu.kext / whatevergreen. Please check my guide on page 1 again. Thanks!
Cool, thanks for the clarification. Indeed I see that page 1 is simpler than the bit I quoted. Will try some more...

27E1EF58-C7F7-46DC-92E6-03E252470407.jpeg
68F2C0FD-5685-4558-84D2-9928503216BB.jpeg
27E1EF58-C7F7-46DC-92E6-03E252470407.jpeg
I may be digging up old bones but I need some support m8’s..

So i built a rig out of free and local parts (I’m a big trader) I’ve tried multiple things to get HS to work on my system and I get to clover and select the usb drive, get to format my ssd and start installing HS. Once it reboots first time I go back into clover and select the ssd to finish my install and it always gives me the grey circle with line through it. Iv tried different boot functions edited my comfiest.plist multiple times and still stuck.. it’s been 3 days of failing and followed every guide I had found on here so far.

My set up is
Asus X99 deluxe mb
I7 5820
16gig vengeance ddr4
Zotac gtx980 amp
Samsung 860 ssd

View attachment 361522 View attachment 361523 View attachment 361522 I may be digging up old bones but I need some support m8’s..

So i built a rig out of free and local parts (I’m a big trader) I’ve tried multiple things to get HS to work on my system and I get to clover and select the usb drive, get to format my ssd and start installing HS. Once it reboots first time I go back into clover and select the ssd to finish my install and it always gives me the grey circle with line through it. Iv tried different boot functions edited my comfiest.plist multiple times and still stuck.. it’s been 3 days of failing and followed every guide I had found on here so far.

My set up is
Asus X99 deluxe mb
I7 5820
16gig vengeance ddr4
Zotac gtx980 amp
Samsung 860 ssd

Try booting again. It does that for me too sometimes. Just need to reboot and try to boot it again, the second time it should continue to finish the install.

Make sure you using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi as well

if that doesn't work try going into clover options and messing with some of the boot flags. click on / off some of the cpu patches (or all). make sure nvidia web drivers are not checked until system is fully installed. I noticed the system will have a lot of issues if it doesn't like even 1 hardware component. I had my 6 core i7 running perfectly, but as soon as I swapped to the 10 core (changed nothing else), i had a world of difficulty to get it to boot. Luckily i got it working after a few days, but ended up going back to my 6 core (6 core actually performed better, go figure). My best guess is your motherboard is having problems with the install. My guide is specifically for the Gigabyte x99 ud4. You will probably have to experiment slightly to get it to boot on the asus board, although in some cases it may work without any modification. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back