Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Malki,

I think I only use this site to ask you about updates ha, sorry about that! My build has worked perfectly on Sierra and now High Sierra for years, no problems at all using your guides. Really appreciate your work.

Just wanted to ask if you've tried Mojave yet? Any plans for a x99 guide for it?

Thanks again!

Hi again Malki,

I think I only use this site to ask you about updates ha, sorry about that! My build has worked perfectly on Sierra and now High Sierra for years, no problems at all using your guides. Really appreciate your work.

Just wanted to ask if you've tried Mojave yet? Any plans for a x99 guide for it?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback, glad it helped you!

I haven't tried mojave yet and not sure how quick I will make a guide, but I probably will. I am actually very happy with 10.13.6. I haven't been this happy with a version of Mac since Mavericks. I was so happy with Mavericks, 10.9.5 until my graphics card fried and I had to replace it. The new graphics card I bought was only compatbile with yosemite, so it forced me into yosemite. I was not entirely happy with Yosemite, then i fried my motherboard trying to upgrade cpus and accidently plugging in the wrong cable.

Instead of buying a new motherboard, I said let me get something that will last. That forced me into buying a new system so thats when I went and got this x99 system. I was not entirely happy with this motherboard or platform when I first got it. Bios needed updating, and Mac was not fully compatible. Needed cpu patches and it seemed choppy. I could not access the bios if I had any NTFS Formatted drives connected. That was an annoying bug. Also using x99 with El Capitan & Sierra, the computer did not feel quite as smooth as when I use it in windows.

But now, everything is great! For my uses, High Sierra has been the best yet! Still, onboard audio is not reliable, I am forced to use spdif out or a usb audio device. Other than that, this has been the best system I have ever used. Hopefully Mojave will be better, But I will probably not upgrade until I know more. I doubt it will be very hard though. Clover has definitely made life easier when it comes to upgrading, and now I am more familiar with everything. Should be a very similar guide to this

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. It's rock solid on High Sierra. If it wasn't for dark mode on Mojave, I wouldn't be tempted! I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you do end up doing a guide.

Thanks again!

happy to see this thread still lives on. I never made it to High Sierra, but I'm planning to burn a day and try Mojave. Mavericks was the golden years for my box too. Thanks for the guide and help here.

Hey Malki,

Have you ever had any problem with OC on this hardware ?
I have the same MB and CPU, with 3000Mhz 64GB of ram.
When I try to auto OC the CPU it works, but then if I choose the xmp profile for my ram (1), it won't boot anymore.
I can OC the ram if I don't OC the cpu though.
Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, I agree. It's rock solid on High Sierra. If it wasn't for dark mode on Mojave, I wouldn't be tempted! I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you do end up doing a guide.

Thanks again!

no problem. I will update to mojave now that I have thought about it. Going to wait a little longer though, because don't want to sacrifice stability.

happy to see this thread still lives on. I never made it to High Sierra, but I'm planning to burn a day and try Mojave. Mavericks was the golden years for my box too. Thanks for the guide and help here.

Thanks!

I just want to say that upgrading to Mojave is as simple as always. Everything but Nvidia GPU is working.

Great! Pretty much same process as this guide? Soon as drivers are released should be good to go.

Hey Malki,

Have you ever had any problem with OC on this hardware ?
I have the same MB and CPU, with 3000Mhz 64GB of ram.
When I try to auto OC the CPU it works, but then if I choose the xmp profile for my ram (1), it won't boot anymore.
I can OC the ram if I don't OC the cpu though.
Thanks for your feedback.

With the newer bios updates, I can no longer manually overclock. Bios won't let me change any settings. I can only use the built in overclock presets. Although for me, it's fine since the presets are perfect for my cpu / ram. Try to upgrade to latest beta bios, it's (24c) as of right now. If xmp 1 doesn't work try xmp2. Otherwise you may be stuck at 2133. Although according to Linus Tech Tips ram speed makes virtually zero difference in performance. (search "Does ram speed really matter" on yt)

here is latest gigabyte bios (get the one for x99 ud4):
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

With the newer bios updates, I can no longer manually overclock. Bios won't let me change any settings. I can only use the built in overclock presets. Although for me, it's fine since the presets are perfect for my cpu / ram. Try to upgrade to latest beta bios, it's (24c) as of right now. If xmp 1 doesn't work try xmp2. Otherwise you may be stuck at 2133. Although according to Linus Tech Tips ram speed makes virtually zero difference in performance. (search "Does ram speed really matter" on yt)

here is latest gigabyte bios (get the one for x99 ud4):
https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to manually OC and see if the results is better or same than auto.

This error:

Freeing low memory (up to 0x2000000) results = 0

Something solution?

This error:

Freeing low memory (up to 0x2000000) results = 0

Something solution?

make sure you use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and DELETE all other "AptioFix" efi files.

If that doesn't work, then try deleting OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and replacing it with one of the "OsxAptioFix" (there's like 3 diff ones) from clover configurator

also make sure these uefi files are present

EmuVariableUefi, OsxFatBinaryDrv UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back