Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent updated from 10.13.1. What problems are you having exactly?
Uau malki still on 10.13.1 ? No crashes eveything ok?

So... remember my previous heating problems on my build? Seemed to be ok for a while, not a consistent problem...

Different thing now.. Random crashes, and booting is seeming to take longer..Thinking of updating OS, dont know if it's the m.2 drive on PCI, or something i noticed recently while checking Crucial compability website:

Ended up buying wrong rams for this type of processor 2 years ago - ECC vs NON ECC - bit different price wise..

Would like your opinion on this one, Should i buy new processor or buy new ECC compatible RAM?

When i update to 13.5 shutdown dont work and restar but not shutdown ? Do you know some solution?

Last edited:
Uau malki still on 10.13.1 ? No crashes eveything ok?

So... remember my previous heating problems on my build? Seemed to be ok for a while, not a consistent problem...

Different thing now.. Random crashes, and booting is seeming to take longer..Thinking of updating OS, dont know if it's the m.2 drive on PCI, or something i noticed recently while checking Crucial compability website:

Ended up buying wrong rams for this type of processor 2 years ago - ECC vs NON ECC - bit different price wise..

Would like your opinion on this one, Should i buy new processor or buy new ECC compatible RAM?

probably new processor. I doubt MacOs likes that processor. Or you can ask on the forums see if theres a way to get it to work, I'm sure there is.

I have been on 10.13.1 for a while now and it has been working as good as ever. I have decided not to touch it.

I mainly use MacOs for photo / video editing which has been performing much better than Windows 10, especially for video. For almost everything else though, I actually use Windows 10.

I have problem with the process. I can not do it. May be a kernel panic. I will upload a creem. Thank. P.D. Have you think to install Mojave? Thanks.

idk what Mojave is. Need to follow install guide

Hi, i've a X99-UD3P Motherboard and a 5820K, i made the flash drive with UniBeast and set the bootflags with clover configurator but when i try to boot the macOS installer my computer reboots... any clue?

Hi, i've a X99-UD3P Motherboard and a 5820K, i made the flash drive with UniBeast and set the bootflags with clover configurator but when i try to boot the macOS installer my computer reboots... any clue?

what is your graphics card? that may be the issue

Hello,

Do you have an experience with the thunderbolt card on this build? I can't seem to get it working, even after installing drivers and getting it functional on windows.

Thanks!

I have x99s sli plus motherboard and I can't boot to macOS installer because it automatically reboots to clover again.

did you use this guide? what graphics card are you using?

I am currently rocking this exact setup with six core proccessor from the topic but recently I've came across this 8 core 5960x in a good price and I have question - will it be compatible with this build ? I would like to just swap the cpu and rock and roll with the rest of the build. Thanks

I am currently rocking this exact setup with six core proccessor from the topic but recently I've came across this 8 core 5960x in a good price and I have question - will it be compatible with this build ? I would like to just swap the cpu and rock and roll with the rest of the build. Thanks

not sure. it may be harder with that cpu. would need to research that, although I think its doable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back