Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On El Capitan (one year ago) no problem with sleep...But this time my motherboard X99-UD4 has old BIOS F12 not F20 or F22. Maybe this is a clue . Last chance revert to old bios.

I also had this same issue running El Cap and Sierra so I don't use the sleep function either. Guess it has something to do with power management not fully waking from sleep?..

whats up noodlez did you ever upgrade to sierra or you decided to stay on el capitan?

I just bought a new case & bought a new cpu cooler, old case I had was getting run down (had it for 5 years), finally went with water cooling too. Still using sierra / windows 10.

Pics:
16464190_1048406201937653_5156976475076820992_n-jpg.236380

img_20170214_210434_617-jpg.236378

On El Capitan (one year ago) no problem with sleep...But this time my motherboard X99-UD4 has old BIOS F12 not F20 or F22. Maybe this is a clue . Last chance revert to old bios.

I say get the newest bios it seems the most stable. I am on f23c

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

whats up noodlez did you ever upgrade to sierra or you decided to stay on el capitan?

I just bought a new case & bought a new cpu cooler, old case I had was getting run down (had it for 5 years), finally went with water cooling too. Still using sierra / windows 10.

Pics:
16464190_1048406201937653_5156976475076820992_n-jpg.236380

img_20170214_210434_617-jpg.236378

I say get the newest bios it seems the most stable. I am on f23c

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

Hi Malki, yes I'm running Sierra now, everything's running smoothly exempt sleep function but I don't have any need for it anyway.
I have noticed a strange graphics glitch which flickers a small black box at the top right of the screen over the icons bar...
This occurs randomly and happens for only a second but doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Would you know what could be causing this?

How are things running with your new setup? It's looking good! :thumbup:

Cheers Noodlez

malki You are great ! After update BIOS to 23c geekbench scores are very good after sleep. This BIOS update is
in beta (no on gigabyte web side) stage but solve this problem. I think that X99-UD4 motherboard is best for hackintosh. No need SSDT for PM. I set cpu ratio to 4.3 GHz and work. I test Asus X99-A and it was really nightmare .

Hi Malki, yes I'm running Sierra now, everything's running smoothly exempt sleep function but I don't have any need for it anyway.
I have noticed a strange graphics glitch which flickers a small black box at the top right of the screen over the icons bar...
This occurs randomly and happens for only a second but doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Would you know what could be causing this?

How are things running with your new setup? It's looking good! :thumbup:

Cheers Noodlez

Thanks for the reply good to hear from you. Not sure what that is with the gfx glitch. I'm sorry your having that issue. I am not experiencing any graphical bugs. If you install following my updated guide should have no problems. Also im still on 10.12 no updates. Also i use imac system definition.

New case / water cooling is great a lot quieter and cooler for my system and cpu. Overall though, its mainly cosmetic and for future proofing. I still think the 5820k has years left in it. Glad i bought it when i did. Bought in 2015, might make an upgrade in 2020 or something, but cant see really needing something more for right now - unless i come into a large sum of money or my workload greatly increases this year.

malki You are great ! After update BIOS to 23c geekbench scores are very good after sleep. This BIOS update is
in beta (no on gigabyte web side) stage but solve this problem. I think that X99-UD4 motherboard is best for hackintosh. No need SSDT for PM. I set cpu ratio to 4.3 GHz and work. I test Asus X99-A and it was really nightmare .

Great! Glad it solved your problem!

Hi Malki, thanks I'll try a reinstall following your updated guide and see how things go :thumbup:

Thanks a lot. I couldn't do a fresh sierra install. Did follow your Capitan install using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/ and did a direct update. Successfully installed sierra and then followed this instruction for post installation. All worked fine. I have working sierra now. I have only one issue. The boot fails with "failed to allocate error" intermittently. Without any change few boot attempts fails and few go thru fine.. I never had this problem Yosemite. Any help / suggestion. Thanks in advance. Attached is my efi folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 135
Thanks a lot. I couldn't do a fresh sierra install. Did follow your Capitan install using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/ and did a direct update. Successfully installed sierra and then followed this instruction for post installation. All worked fine. I have working sierra now. I have only one issue. The boot fails with "failed to allocate error" intermittently. Without any change few boot attempts fails and few go thru fine.. I never had this problem Yosemite. Any help / suggestion. Thanks in advance. Attached is my efi folder

Download OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d74tdymovdxmlly/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi?dl=0 (Source: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/ )

Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and remove OsXAptioFix2Drv.efi

Hey Malki Thanks for such great article! I got question i have stuck on 10.10.5 and i must update to elcappitan couse davinci resolve need new system and i'm looking for some smooth update guides can You suggest something ? or have You ever came a cross on such guide? (i got same hardware as You) Thanks for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back