Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm running the following settings:
Gigabyte B150M D3H DRR4
i5 6500
Graphic 530 Full Acceleration

I'm thinking of buying a gtx 970 (or even cheaper options as in Brazil is very expensive) . Other options would be gtx 960 or R9 380 .

Anyway to put a gtx 970 I need to install the steps from the beginning or only post installation?

My working Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI (same as UD4, but for SLI support) just stopped booting after the auto-upgrade to ElCap 10.11.6 - bummer! I'm working through my original build notes, but one issue is that the Lokicat kexts aren't recognized as being up to date with this kernel version....are other folks seeing this? The test is on this thread.

[EDIT] 4 days later, I'm still stuck. I can get it booted with nv_disable=1, but can't get the NVidia (or OS X default) drivers to work, so I'm stuck at 1024x768 resolution on my 4K monitor. I've re-applied the lokicat kexts, and other custom install steps for this setup, and still can't get a normal boot. Some of the time, the system comes up enough to remotely log in, but usually it just hangs at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller" message.

[EDIT2] As of the NVidia update of July 26, I'm up and running again. I don't know why the earlier NVidia web drivers weren't working for me, but today's version got me going again. In the meantime, I learned a lot about UEFI configuration.

Last edited:
I have question in regards to internal drives. It seems in El Capitan the drives never spin down and are constantly running. Is that normal? Can that be changed?
Thx

Edit:
Ok I figured it out in case anyone is interested. In terminal type "pmset -g" then you see the power management settings of your device. Check what value it has next to "disksleep", probably 10. I set mine to 5 and all internal drives spin down within 5 minutes when inactive. To change the disksleep value type and enter the following into terminal:

sudo pmset -a disksleep 5

Hope this is useful

Thx

Last edited:
Hey Malki,

I went through the guide and booted but when the Apple logo appears the loading bar lasts for max 5 seconds and it flashes back to the clover boot.
Any ideas?

This is my set up if that helps:
Motherboard: Asus X99-M WS
Chip: Intel i7 6800k Unlocked
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Memory: Corsair 4x8GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 250GGB & Crucial 500GB
Case: NZXT Noctis 450
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master HYPER EVO 212
Power Supply: Corsair AX760

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

i have succes El Capitan 10.11.6 full working this computer. Net, audio, nvidia and sleep all working perfect, cloverboot

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD4
Chip: Intel i7 5820k Unlocked, Overclock on 4.3 Ghz
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GT 730 2GB
Memory: Crucial 4x4GB 2400MHz
HDD: WD Green 1TB
Case: Cooler Master K820
CPU Cooler: Cooler Boxed
Power Supply: Corsair CX600M

Last edited:
I have question in regards to internal drives. It seems in El Capitan the drives never spin down and are constantly running. Is that normal? Can that be changed?
Thx

I dont know

Hey Malki,

I went through the guide and booted but when the Apple logo appears the loading bar lasts for max 5 seconds and it flashes back to the clover boot.
Any ideas?

This is my set up if that helps:
Motherboard: Asus X99-M WS
Chip: Intel i7 6800k Unlocked
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Memory: Corsair 4x8GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 250GGB & Crucial 500GB
Case: NZXT Noctis 450
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master HYPER EVO 212
Power Supply: Corsair AX760

Thanks in advance

Not sure. you have a diff processor and motherboard. Just follow my guide and use trial and error

Hi all,

i have succes El Capitan 10.11.6 full working this computer. Net, audio, nvidia and sleep all working perfect, cloverboot

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD4
Chip: Intel i7 5820k Unlocked, Overclock on 4.3 Ghz
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GT 730 2GB
Memory: Crucial 4x4GB 2400MHz
HDD: WD Green 1TB
Case: Cooler Master K820
CPU Cooler: Cooler Boxed
Power Supply: Corsair CX600M

Congrats!

:clap:

Last edited:
@malki Hi Malki awesome guide you've made! Would you know how to solve the errors shown on the attached picture? It happens when I try to boot into the El Capitan usb installer. I'v gone through your guide several times starting from scratch. No matter what config I make, It either reboots shortly og make these errors after pressing enter on the El Capitan USB installer. Thanks for your awesome work you've done for us all!
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
i7 6800k
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000hz
NH-D15 cooler
3 port firewire cart startech
Tp-link wifi card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back