Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks eranno, but I takes more than 10 tried and it not success

Last edited:
Hey Malki, first time poster here. Having been a Mac user for many years I recently purchased a PC with no intention of making it a Hackintosh, however 2 weeks fumbling around with Windows 10 was enough to convince me to take the plunge. I found your guide last week and after what feels like I've taken the ring to Mordor I am now typing to you on my mostly-functional Hackintosh! Thanks so much for the guide, it was really helpful. Honestly I'm surprised this has all worked as this is my first Hackintosh and I didn't buy specific hardware with this in mind. I thought I may have encountered more issues than I did considering I have an MSI Mobo but it all went relatively smoothly.
I currently have my machine dual-booting Windows 10 and El Capitan 10.11.5 - each OS on separate SSD drives. Everything is working apart from a couple of minor issues. I have audio working through my display - an Apple 27" LED Cinema Display (non-thunderbolt) but can't seem to get audio working from the main box, not too concerned with this however as I plan to purchase an external USB Audio Interface anyway.
The only other thing is that occasionally my machine doesn't want to boot into El Cap. This usually seems to be after I've been in Windows and then restart the machine to try boot back into OSX, seems to take a couple of attempts, no idea why? From Clover it will start to load and then I get the 'no entry' symbol appear in place of the apple logo.
I did have to use a few bits and pieces of advice from other forum posts to get my wifi going but otherwise your guide covered everything
Thanks again for the thoroughly detailed guide. Keep up the good work!

Thanks malki for this great guide, Sunman for his, tonymac for everything, slim.jim for the video fix, shilohh for the app ... and many many more that make this project possible. Thank you all!

I succeed following this guide using these parts:
Gigabyte x99P-SLI (Firmware 2)
Crucial 32GB 2400-16 BX Sport
Gigabyte GTX670
Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 250GB
El Capitan (10.11.4 then I updated to 10.11.5)

Everything seems to work.
For the sound I installed the driver ALC1150 from Multibeast
For the video, I was experiencing some trouble booting, the display just turned off just after the apple logo.
The fix that worked for me is an app by shilohh:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

The only problem: boot fails constantly (Error allocating 0xxxx pages...), it works 1 out of 6 (or less), so if any you guys find any solution please post. I'll continue the research too.

It's my first build, so I still need to figure out the steps I've done. Basically I'll try to repeat the process and be sure that everything works fine. I'm planning to add a second gpu, so I'll report.
But for now here you have some geekbenchs, before OC and after.
Let me know if any of my files or config can help, but I've done pretty much the steps that malki describes.

thank you all!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 15.19.07.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 15.19.07.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 15.30.30.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 15.30.30.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
View attachment 197511 Hello, I'm using giga x99 ud4, 5930k and gtx 970
After installed mac os 10.11.5 and nvidia web driver 10f02, I can't boot to mac.
It's display as image and auto reboot.

What is problem? Can you help me!

did it work on previous versions i have not tried anything past 10.11.2

Hey Malki, first time poster here. Having been a Mac user for many years I recently purchased a PC with no intention of making it a Hackintosh, however 2 weeks fumbling around with Windows 10 was enough to convince me to take the plunge. I found your guide last week and after what feels like I've taken the ring to Mordor I am now typing to you on my mostly-functional Hackintosh! Thanks so much for the guide, it was really helpful. Honestly I'm surprised this has all worked as this is my first Hackintosh and I didn't buy specific hardware with this in mind. I thought I may have encountered more issues than I did considering I have an MSI Mobo but it all went relatively smoothly.
I currently have my machine dual-booting Windows 10 and El Capitan 10.11.5 - each OS on separate SSD drives. Everything is working apart from a couple of minor issues. I have audio working through my display - an Apple 27" LED Cinema Display (non-thunderbolt) but can't seem to get audio working from the main box, not too concerned with this however as I plan to purchase an external USB Audio Interface anyway.
The only other thing is that occasionally my machine doesn't want to boot into El Cap. This usually seems to be after I've been in Windows and then restart the machine to try boot back into OSX, seems to take a couple of attempts, no idea why? From Clover it will start to load and then I get the 'no entry' symbol appear in place of the apple logo.
I did have to use a few bits and pieces of advice from other forum posts to get my wifi going but otherwise your guide covered everything

Try bios update? Mess around with clover try different files as we have different motherboards. I am not having any issues with it

Hi,
I followed the guide and *almost* everything works great.
Only problem here, is that when I try to boot, sometimes I get the "no entrance" sign. This can be resolved by resetting and booting again, but sometimes it takes 5-6 tried until the system are booting.

When it boot successfully, everything works fine. I could not find any specific case creating the issue, as it happens on system load.

Any suggestions?

its explained in my guide i had that problem add test2.efi and try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (if this doesn't work use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

Thanks eranno, but I takes more than 10 tried and it not success

add test2.efi and try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (if this doesn't work use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

Thanks malki for this great guide, Sunman for his, tonymac for everything, slim.jim for the video fix, shilohh for the app ... and many many more that make this project possible. Thank you all!

I succeed following this guide using these parts:
Gigabyte x99P-SLI (Firmware 2)
Crucial 32GB 2400-16 BX Sport
Gigabyte GTX670
Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 250GB
El Capitan (10.11.4 then I updated to 10.11.5)

Everything seems to work.
For the sound I installed the driver ALC1150 from Multibeast
For the video, I was experiencing some trouble booting, the display just turned off just after the apple logo.
The fix that worked for me is an app by shilohh:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

The only problem: boot fails constantly (Error allocating 0xxxx pages...), it works 1 out of 6 (or less), so if any you guys find any solution please post. I'll continue the research too.

It's my first build, so I still need to figure out the steps I've done. Basically I'll try to repeat the process and be sure that everything works fine. I'm planning to add a second gpu, so I'll report.
But for now here you have some geekbenchs, before OC and after.
Let me know if any of my files or config can help, but I've done pretty much the steps that malki describes.

thank you all!!!!

try test2.efi and add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (if this doesn't work use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

add test2.efi and try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (if this doesn't work use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

Hi guys, thanks for the guide. Is some El Capitan specific revision required for this like 10.11.2 on the title? I'm keep getting stacked on the "An error occurred while extracting files from Essentials.pkg" and is so do you have any tips on where to get it? X99-UD4, 5820k, EVO SSD, 2133 Corsair RAM here. Tnx a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back