Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out it was an issue with Waves software being in my Ableton template. Figured this out after a fresh install :banghead:. All working perfectly now. Thanks again for this guide!

Good!

Audio problem:

asus x99 deluxe (ALC1150)
gtx 970
32gb ram

All is working ok, but the sound is driving me crazy. I can´t follow your method because mutibeast audio patch fails. Force close. EFI mounted, kext replaced, etc.

With voodoohda the sound worked, but after some reboots, again, bye bye sound.

that happens when you enable the onboard sound too. Best to just buy a usb audio device. I only use onboard audio for spdif out

Thanks to a good portion of your guide I'm currently booted from my 10.11.5 SSD with:
i7 5820K @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3P
GTX 980 Ti
32GB RAM

TkbhE2D.jpg

There are currently a few issues...

1) It boots when it feels like it. Sometimes I get the AptioFix2Drv error, sometimes I don't and it boots fine. No changes in the config or Clover boot arguments.

2) The Mac Pro definition didn't work so I kept it as iMac 14,2. In fact, the only way I could boot from the actual SSD/installation was to copy everything from my Clover USB (plist, ssdt, kexts, drivers) to my SSD's EFI.

3) USB 3.0 does not show up, only USB 2.0. (related to above?)

4) I can't find this "Test2.efi" you're referring to in any of the posts so I'm unable to install additional PCIe devices.

1) try bios update

2) you have to follow the guide to get it to work as mac 6.1

3) usb 3.0 will show up as 2.0 until you plug in a usb 3.0 device

4) test2.efi link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/good-news-for-x99-10-11-haswell-e-el-capitan.178425/page-21

that happens when you enable the onboard sound too. Best to just buy a usb audio device. I only use onboard audio for spdif out
I have a m-audio fast track ultra, but not supported by el capitan...

The thing is that it worked before with voodoohda, but no idea how to do it again.

All my outputs doesnt work, but if I connect a mic in the front case connector it works.

Any cheap recommendation for usb audio?

1) try bios update

2) you have to follow the guide to get it to work as mac 6.1

3) usb 3.0 will show up as 2.0 until you plug in a usb 3.0 device

4) test2.efi link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/good-news-for-x99-10-11-haswell-e-el-capitan.178425/page-21

I have my latest BIOS (the thing was actually bricked out of the box until I updated it) but I might back everything up again and try a different one just to see what happens.

USB 3.0 still doesn't work even after trying various 3.0 devices. All of the ports work, including 3.0 ports, but they all register as 2.0 within System Report. As far as the 6,1 definition, do you know if that's a requirement for functional USB 3.0? My Geekbench score is only 100 points lower than his while using the iMac 14,2 definition.

Backup finished now (slow as hell with the USB 2.0) so I'll mess around.

Thanks for your guide and help!

*Edit: I was able to update to the Mac Pro 6,1 definition with no noticeable change in Geekbench score or USB functionality. It seems entirely functional and stable otherwise so I'll just be using my network to transfer any larger files for now.

Last edited:
I have my latest BIOS (the thing was actually bricked out of the box until I updated it) but I might back everything up again and try a different one just to see what happens.

USB 3.0 still doesn't work even after trying various 3.0 devices. All of the ports work, including 3.0 ports, but they all register as 2.0 within System Report. As far as the 6,1 definition, do you know if that's a requirement for functional USB 3.0? My Geekbench score is only 100 points lower than his while using the iMac 14,2 definition.

Backup finished now (slow as hell with the USB 2.0) so I'll mess around.

Thanks for your guide and help!

*Edit: I was able to update to the Mac Pro 6,1 definition with no noticeable change in Geekbench score or USB functionality. It seems entirely functional and stable otherwise so I'll just be using my network to transfer any larger files for now.

ok keep trying things and let me know what happens!

I have a m-audio fast track ultra, but not supported by el capitan...

The thing is that it worked before with voodoohda, but no idea how to do it again.

All my outputs doesnt work, but if I connect a mic in the front case connector it works.

Any cheap recommendation for usb audio?

This is what I use

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

for recording in daw's I'd get something like a focusrite 2i2 or audient id14

It randomly decides not to boot (one every 3-4 times), that's kind of why I use sleep. Other than that, everything works, even my 10G solarflare nic.

I also have the same story with booting. I get the prohibited sign almost everytime during first boot and then boom! it works :)

image.jpeg
Hello, I'm using giga x99 ud4, 5930k and gtx 970
After installed mac os 10.11.5 and nvidia web driver 10f02, I can't boot to mac.
It's display as image and auto reboot.

What is problem? Can you help me!

Last edited:
Hi,
I followed the guide and *almost* everything works great.
Only problem here, is that when I try to boot, sometimes I get the "no entrance" sign. This can be resolved by resetting and booting again, but sometimes it takes 5-6 tried until the system are booting.

When it boot successfully, everything works fine. I could not find any specific case creating the issue, as it happens on system load.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back