Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this seems like a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Using nv_disable=1 bootflag will disable my GTX970, right? So if this is disabled and I DON'T have another graphics card installed is that why I can't boot properly? I'm assuming there isn't any onboard graphics in the 5820K?

Basically, do I need to have another, older, graphics card installed in order to boot with nv_disable=1 ?

Quick question what smbios are you using?

Hi all. I followed this guide, used exactly the same parts apart from using a GT 740 as my gpu instead. All working great, apart from I'm getting crashes with ableton. I've read that it could be to do with the gpu? Can anyone offer a solution or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Just add to the last message, I'm getting:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000057
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

It happens when opening a new project, or sometimes saving a project too. Any help would be massively appreciated.

You can make the changes therein or you can just simply use 5,1, up to you.

Hmm, just tried 5,1 - same result. Clover beings to boot, the Apple logo appears and progress bar reaches about 25% then it crashes.
  • Have tried both npci=0x2000/3000 with slight differences in crashing but still a fail
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv gets me further than the other version but still crashes
  • I'm using all kexts and drivers from your earlier post

Hmm, just tried 5,1 - same result. Clover beings to boot, the Apple logo appears and progress bar reaches about 25% then it crashes.
  • Have tried both npci=0x2000/3000 with slight differences in crashing but still a fail
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv gets me further than the other version but still crashes
  • I'm using all kexts and drivers from your earlier post

try updating bios?

Hi all. I followed this guide, used exactly the same parts apart from using a GT 740 as my gpu instead. All working great, apart from I'm getting crashes with ableton. I've read that it could be to do with the gpu? Can anyone offer a solution or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

why would the gpu make ableton crash? Maybe it isn't compatible with el capitan? I don't use ableton so I wouldnt know. All I know is its 100 percent working with x99 if you follow this guide and have my build

why would the gpu make ableton crash? Maybe it isn't compatible with el capitan? I don't use ableton so I wouldnt know. All I know is its 100 percent working with x99 if you follow this guide and have my build

It's just a guess on my behalf, I'm new to all this! I found this:

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/radeon-hd-crash-mac/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ableton-crashes-on-start-because-of-graphics.71578/

I know they're different gpus but I'm really scratching my head as to what it is, tried reinstalling but it's still the same. I might try using a previous version of Ableton, don't know whether that might help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back