Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is the closest I've come to booting from Clover. I have followed all of the instructions to the letter (I think) and am still getting crashes while booting (screenshot attached)

I have tried both OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv options, also.

Not sure where to go from here. This is my first hackintosh, so I'm fairly green to all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try npci=3000? Worth a shot. I am using OsxAptioFix2Drv by the way, same MB, processor and graphics card as you.

Also, did you use a shitty natively supported graphics card to start instead of the 970? I used the 8400 GS to begin with and then swapped it out once I was able to boot in and download the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Don't give up! I am living proof that your build works! I enclosed screenshots of the kexts and uefi drivers I used.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 7.17.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 7.17.57 PM.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 7.17.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 7.17.48 PM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Thanks for the guide! I followed it and was surprised to get into El Capitan Installer on the first try and then reboot into the installed OS on the first try as well! Things have come a long way since my last hackintosh :)

Got the CPU to 4.3GHz easily by just enabling the CPU Upgrade profile in the bios and as long as I don't run Long FFT prime95 (max heat, power etc), the machine is cool and stable.

I hit something odd though. After I installed the video driver (and set the dynamic patch), I now get kernel panics on boot at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and whatever I do I can't go past that (aptiofix 1 or 2, test2.efi...).

Anyone have any ideas? I'll probably reinstall tomorrow if I can figure it out today and try again. It is just weird that a graphics install would mess it up.

GA-X99-SLI (tried F21a and F22e bios, 21a seems to be the best so far)
i7-5820K
single SSD SanDisk.
2x16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V
EVGA 970 FTW ACX2.0+

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't realize I was booting from a bad internal drive without any kexts :D. Setup my EL Capitan with the kexts and settings and all is good. Cheers!

Last edited:
Did you try npci=3000? Worth a shot. I am using OsxAptioFix2Drv by the way, same MB, processor and graphics card as you.

Also, did you use a shitty natively supported graphics card to start instead of the 970? I used the 8400 GS to begin with and then swapped it out once I was able to boot in and download the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Don't give up! I am living proof that your build works! I enclosed screenshots of the kexts and uefi drivers I used.

Or try npci=0x2000 which works on my ASUS X99-Deluxe/5830K.

Does Nvidia Driver Manager work for you guys? I get a message that it is unable to open it and to reinstall drivers. Doesn't bother me, but it is annoying on boot.

I havent had that problem. not sure why thats happening

Does Nvidia Driver Manager work for you guys? I get a message that it is unable to open it and to reinstall drivers. Doesn't bother me, but it is annoying on boot.

I got this error once, I believe you are talking about the install process for NVIDIA. This happens when you go to the NVIDIA website and it detects the wrong system. You should be using the installer for: 346.03.06f01

It is the item under System Preferences. I can't launch it (also seems to want to launch on boot). Very odd.

I know the drivers work because I get 100+fps in CINEBENCH_R15 OpenGL. I did use 346.03.06f01.

Oh well, If I figure it out I'll post back.

Thanks BallsMcNadFrop - I'll give these a try and let you know how I go.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm trying to boot from 10.11.4. I don't have access to a copy of 10.11.2, so not sure if this is also a contributing factor to my errors :confused:

Thanks BallsMcNadFrop - I'll give these a try and let you know how I go.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm trying to boot from 10.11.4. I don't have access to a copy of 10.11.2, so not sure if this is also a contributing factor to my errors :confused:

I'm running 10.11.4 as well. :)

Last edited:

Okay this seems like a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Using nv_disable=1 bootflag will disable my GTX970, right? So if this is disabled and I DON'T have another graphics card installed is that why I can't boot properly? I'm assuming there isn't any onboard graphics in the 5820K?

Basically, do I need to have another, older, graphics card installed in order to boot with nv_disable=1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back