Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Thanks for the comprehensive guide! But I am having problem with it... My setup is as follows:

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-X99-GAMING 5,
i7-5930K
GTX970
G-skill Ripjaw 4x4GB 2400MHz RAM
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

I followed the guide to the teeth, but I would get the prohibited sign after booting with clover. Using verbose, I was able to get the error message, it was Error allocating pages and restart in 10 seconds.

Could you help me point to the right direction? Or am I a lost cause, I am on the verge of giving up haha, thanks in advance.

change cpuid with the 5930k its a different cpuid

everyone having boot problems

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.2 KB · Views: 209
your using different hardware. It's not a gigabyte motherboard nor is it the i7 5820k you need a different cpuid in clover. I am not sure how that would work ask around

Change CPUID to what? My Xeon has the same ID to i7-5820k and 5930k, which should be supported natively by latest OSX.
Ofcourse I'v tried ID of Ivy-E and it just led to kernel panic regardless of nullcpupowermanagement.
Now I start thinking changing my mobo to the one of GIGABYTE. Did anyone see any success with Xeon and GA-X99-UD4?

Change CPUID to what? My Xeon has the same ID to i7-5820k and 5930k, which should be supported natively by latest OSX.
Ofcourse I'v tried ID of Ivy-E and it just led to kernel panic regardless of nullcpupowermanagement.
Now I start thinking changing my mobo to the one of GIGABYTE. Did anyone see any success with Xeon and GA-X99-UD4?

man that sucks! Outside of my motherboard I don't know if I can be of much help. Without the actual computer in front of me and a lot of googling I'm pretty much in the same boat as you as far as hackintoshing. I really don't know much more than reading various guides and doing a lot of trial and error. Good luck!

I changed to 0x0306E4 from 0x0306E0, but still getting "couldn't allocate runtime area" error.

I'm sorry Plz read the post I just wrote to the other guy... Thanks!

malki u posted a photo of your own post suggesting to people to try various combinations of fix1/2 with or without test2.efi.

on a ga-x99-ud4p, I couldn't boot in any combination. with or without these fixes. taken as 1,2 or 3. fix1/2, test2.efi.

system boots fine in efi-32 legacy mode with fix2, but not in full 64 bits UEFI. it boot manager starts, but boots. but fix1 complains about an error that was supposed to be fixed by test2.efi and fix2 gives his usual error.

i will try a new round of tests without the main hard drive that is a pcie drive. intel 750 series. i doubt is the P in x99-ud4P. that only stands for some extra overclocking thingies.

i don't know what's different with mine. i didn't want to convert my drive to gpt, learn about uefi, reinstall windows, figure out how to boot linux in uefi if you don't have a uefi boot environment, but somehow that all worked out just fine. this is one moody os.

what is frustrating is that we have very similar systems. i only have a gtx960, but it's the same generation with your 970. and really shouldn't be that. maybe the monitor edid thing. uhm, i installed the driver from nvidia, but it doesn't work with the usb stick efi32 mode. i think is the 32/64 mode thingie. or some kext from install media that overrides something on the disc. although i used only kexts from lokicat/my own nvme kext. I'll have too look into it.

i had another pci card. one that didn't work in linux either. a sound blaster ZXR. removed that since first tests.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be the hard drive. http://ark.intel.com/compare/86742,86740

mine i think is the one on the right. the older fatter model.

I expect it to be this, because the test2.efi fix. that could fix some pcie cards bugs, but not others. if i will be able to boot in full uefi 64 without that card of a stick ... then it's that card.

it's enough tests for one day. i'll continue tomorrow.

malki u posted a photo of your own post suggesting to people to try various combinations of fix1/2 with or without test2.efi.

on a ga-x99-ud4p, I couldn't boot in any combination. with or without these fixes. taken as 1,2 or 3. fix1/2, test2.efi.

system boots fine in efi-32 legacy mode with fix2, but not in full 64 bits UEFI. it boot manager starts, but boots. but fix1 complains about an error that was supposed to be fixed by test2.efi and fix2 gives his usual error.

i will try a new round of tests without the main hard drive that is a pcie drive. intel 750 series. i doubt is the P in x99-ud4P. that only stands for some extra overclocking thingies.

i don't know what's different with mine. i didn't want to convert my drive to gpt, learn about uefi, reinstall windows, figure out how to boot linux in uefi if you don't have a uefi boot environment, but somehow that all worked out just fine. this is one moody os.

what is frustrating is that we have very similar systems. i only have a gtx960, but it's the same generation with your 970. and really shouldn't be that. maybe the monitor edid thing. uhm, i installed the driver from nvidia, but it doesn't work with the usb stick efi32 mode. i think is the 32/64 mode thingie. or some kext from install media that overrides something on the disc. although i used only kexts from lokicat/my own nvme kext. I'll have too look into it.

i had another pci card. one that didn't work in linux either. a sound blaster ZXR. removed that since first tests.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be the hard drive. http://ark.intel.com/compare/86742,86740

mine i think is the one on the right. the older fatter model.

I expect it to be this, because the test2.efi fix. that could fix some pcie cards bugs, but not others. if i will be able to boot in full uefi 64 without that card of a stick ... then it's that card.

it's enough tests for one day. i'll continue tomorrow.

try booting from a regular hard drive if you have one or an ssd and see if it fixes the problem. Good luck!

try booting from a regular hard drive if you have one or an ssd and see if it fixes the problem. Good luck!

ok.

today i went a little bit further.

first of all, i managed to boot in EFI mode. finally. not sure if it's efi32 or efi64, neither if that matters. i am somewhat weirded out that i had to disable ALL boot devices in bios, in order to get the clover boot manager. i dont know what it is booting.

the way i went about it, is that i first installed linux. partitioned the drive with 1 partition efi 100 megs, then 3 other partitions for each operating system. installed grub. then i installed windows. after doing these steps, i had a special entry appear in bios. first grub, then windows smth.

so we arrive at the small sata ssd. it's guid, partitioned 10Gb for install, and the rest for a backup. in bios selected uefi OS from sata. booted, installed on nvme. meaning the dedicated OS X partition on nvme drive.

in order to do that, i had to actually read the post about test2.efi. what i didn't do right was to reinstall bios("caveat" part), and rename the test2.efi to osxfatbinary-whatever64.efi. after doing these steps, my system booted in efi mode, with fix1.

from there and with nvme.kext added to the "stick" (which in my case was partition one on ssd sata 1), everything went ok. carbon copy what i install on nvme to ssd part2 for backup, disconnect sata, experiment, if something goes wrong use sata to restore from backup... and now... i am trying to figure out, WHY there is no entry in bios for clover. and what is it actually booting since everything is disabled in bios. it should say nothing to boot idiot... u disabled everything. yet my system boots clover. with everything disabled. (ssd disconected, usb sticks disconected)

second, i can't figure out how to move the weird kexts from efi partitions inside apple partition. i tried to copy them. then using kext best. i tried all, then one at a time. even the nvme one, seems to me to be injected by clover. i just placed it in kexts on "usb" (ssd part 1 in my case). now is on part1 on nvme drive, where clover is.

third, i installed latest nvidia driver. tried to switch nvda_drv=1, but... systems boots, is pingable from network, but monitor acts as though resolution is out of sync. again have a generic GTX 960 gigabyte card.

right now i am a the point where i am trying to figure out where those kexts from EFI partitions should actually be. how to move them from one place to another. and i think this particular step has to do with the fact that my nvidia card doesn't work with nvda_drv=1.

i remember reading something about fix 4 for a kext about nvidia. must have not done that right. or to the right kext. any pointers are welcomed. again, my system boots, works, but has a resolution out of sync. tried 2 different monitors. one fullhd, one 4k. both acer. maybe there's a kext for these.

MUCH LATER EDIT: paying attention to that fix #4 for nvidia cards payed off. i used method 2. only sound left i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back