Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
add fakecpu id
Thanks, it appears that I was @4.3 Ghz on Clover and @4 Ghz in real, putting the correct freq in Clover helped it as well. No it's fine.

Hi guys,

I am trying to follow the OP guide, however as soon as i try and boot my USB on the PC, i get a big white no entry sign flash up then the PC turns off...any ideas what could cause this?

Hi guys i got it loading the installer, but the bar hangs half way loading under the apple logo, is there a way to identify cause of this issue?

Hi guys i didnt realise this forum was so inactive! i just wanted to add that I followed the guide word for word and got the OS installed and working, however I screwed up the SMBIOS trying to get nvidia drivers working. Hence I wanted to reinstall the OS.

I wiped the drive with windows hardware manager (the other OS on the system as i couldnt boot OXS). I have remade the boot USB, exactly the same as the first time. But now i cant boot past the apple logo when i select USB? It gets half way through the white bar and just sticks...

Ive tried all day to fix it but cant get my head around what could be causing the issue when really nothing has changed between when it first worked and now.

If anyone is reading this then im hoping someone has some insight as to what could have changed / broken on me now!

Hi guys i didnt realise this forum was so inactive! i just wanted to add that I followed the guide word for word and got the OS installed and working, however I screwed up the SMBIOS trying to get nvidia drivers working. Hence I wanted to reinstall the OS.

I wiped the drive with windows hardware manager (the other OS on the system as i couldnt boot OXS). I have remade the boot USB, exactly the same as the first time. But now i cant boot past the apple logo when i select USB? It gets half way through the white bar and just sticks...

Ive tried all day to fix it but cant get my head around what could be causing the issue when really nothing has changed between when it first worked and now.

If anyone is reading this then im hoping someone has some insight as to what could have changed / broken on me now!

keep trying youll get it

keep trying youll get it

No luck, ive re made the mem stick 10 times now, it will not boot into the installer, just hangs half way no matter what. I really cant see how this is happening when it worked first time

Does it need to be an older version of capitan or should I be ok on the latest app store download? Here is my -v error...

iI3u7yEh.jpg

Last edited:
No luck, ive re made the mem stick 10 times now, it will not boot into the installer, just hangs half way no matter what. I really cant see how this is happening when it worked first time

Does it need to be an older version of capitan or should I be ok on the latest app store download? Here is my -v error...

iI3u7yEh.jpg

make a yosemite usb as stated in my guide that can happen. if el capitan fails to boot then boot a yosemite usb. then reboot el capitan it will work. by the way it looks like it was booting you have to give it time. dmsos has arrived is not an error if that is the last line that means its still loading

iI3u7yEh.jpg

Try booting with the kext-dev-mode = 1 flag in the clover configurator and make SURE you are on the latest BIOS (as long as people don't seem to be complaining about the latest version) The BIOS did it for me, I think. Also, try not deleting all of the kexts from the 10.11 and 10.10 folders as Malki suggests, and just leaving them all in except for the ones that will be replaced by his versions.

Thanks for the detailed guide. I have a couple questions. Since you install Clover later to use as the final boot loader, why do you use Unibeast at all? Could you just do the whole thing with Clover?

Copy all the kexts from kexts.zip from lokicat's files to folders EFI > Clover > kexts > 10.10 and 10.11 on your usb (copy kexts to both folders, delete existing kexts in there first).
Why do you put the kexts in both folders?

go to SMBIOS section and click the magic wand icon, select the Imac icon, then from the dropdown menu select Mac Pro 6,1
I think this is a typo, it should say to select the Mac Pro icon, no?

Gigabyte released an BIOS update for my board just this week, and the description says "improve memory performance". I wonder if it's still necessary to use Test2.efi?

Thanks for the detailed guide. I have a couple questions. Since you install Clover later to use as the final boot loader, why do you use Unibeast at all? Could you just do the whole thing with Clover?

Why do you put the kexts in both folders?

I think this is a typo, it should say to select the Mac Pro icon, no?

Gigabyte released an BIOS update for my board just this week, and the description says "improve memory performance". I wonder if it's still necessary to use Test2.efi?

unibeast for el capitan uses clover.

put kexts in both folders to be safe

Test2.efi is neccessary if using more than 2 pcie cards (I am) (gfx card, sata card, pthd card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back