Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am currently in the process of purchasing parts for basically this build except i believe i will be going with a 950 gtx rather than the 970. I have been reading this guide and I decided to go ahead and take care of creating the usb and such. I have gotten to step 5 where i am to copy the kext files into the folders 10.11 and 10.10. The guide mentions to delete the existing kexts first but when I try to do so I get an error message that says "The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43)" Can anyone provide some insight as to why this may happen? Thank you guys.

*edit- Nevermind I did the most obvious thing and restarted and tried again and I was able to delete them.

Last edited:
Ok, I reinstalled everything from scratch making sure I knew the steps I made. It worked well, so far.

I found this method to install the audio driver, which made it more simple:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/

Everything works fine but I only get temperature sensors from the HDD using HWSensors, not from the cpu or fans.
Any suggestion on what may be the problem?

Last edited:
Ok good news, I fixed the sensors following the instructions from this post:

Here is how I fixed that:

Download & Mount HWSensors.6.18.1394.Binaries.dmg
Once mounted copy these kexts to desktop.
(I have tried to copy the kexts to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11 that didn't work for me)

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext

I just copied this kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and now everything works perfectly.

BTW I just took out the OC, because my case it's a rack one where doesn't fit a liquid cooling system, and the temperature was around 53º idle.
Do I need to do something else a part from configure the frequency to auto in BIOS?
is the ssdt.aml we are using related to de OC?

thanks a lot malki!

Last edited:
Hey @malki

Thanks for the great guide. I followed it and have everything working great! The big issue I have is the App store and iMessage. Photos, iTunes, iCloud work fine. I strayed off your guide in one section that I feel is related.

Your guide says to "click magic wand icon, select iMac, then Mac Pro 6,1". Obviously that is not an option. Did you intend to say to pick Mac Pro then select 6,1?

Currently using Mac Pro 5,1 which I feel is the culprit to my problem.

Thanks!

edit: my sig shows an old CPU. I am using a 5820k

UPDATE

I went ahead and swapped over to 6,1 in the SMBIOS. Followed the iMessage guide, but still not able to access the App Store or iMessages. I am on WiFi only and network shows as en0, but may need to test out the nullEthernet kext by Rehabman.

Last edited:
I would like to say thank you for the guide. I was able to get my system running following all the details in this guide.
Now that I have a somewhat working El Capitan I would like to figure out how to get it to load properly every time. At the moment I have it loading sporadicly, sometimes it loads without errors and sometimes it doesn’t load. I use -v npci=0x2000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1 rootless=0 .

Im trying to understand why it loads sometimes while other times it gives errors.

My system is MSI Godlike
Gigabyte 980Ti G1
Intel 750 series Nvme 800GB Windows
Intel 750 series Nvme 400GB Hackintosh

The drivers I have are
FSInject-64
HFSPlus
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

The kexts are
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AHCIPortInjector
AppleHDA
FakePCID_XHCIMux
FakePCID
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagment
NVMeGeneric
USB_injector x99
VoodooTSCSync

This is a video of it loading OK

And here it is loading with errors

Hey @malki

Thanks for the great guide. I followed it and have everything working great! The big issue I have is the App store and iMessage. Photos, iTunes, iCloud work fine. I strayed off your guide in one section that I feel is related.

Your guide says to "click magic wand icon, select iMac, then Mac Pro 6,1". Obviously that is not an option. Did you intend to say to pick Mac Pro then select 6,1?

Currently using Mac Pro 5,1 which I feel is the culprit to my problem.

Thanks!

edit: my sig shows an old CPU. I am using a 5820k

UPDATE

I went ahead and swapped over to 6,1 in the SMBIOS. Followed the iMessage guide, but still not able to access the App Store or iMessages. I am on WiFi only and network shows as en0, but may need to test out the nullEthernet kext by Rehabman.

should not have any problems with app store. I don't use imessage so I dont know if that works maybe someone else can confirm. But app store works over here.

I would like to say thank you for the guide. I was able to get my system running following all the details in this guide.
Now that I have a somewhat working El Capitan I would like to figure out how to get it to load properly every time. At the moment I have it loading sporadicly, sometimes it loads without errors and sometimes it doesn’t load. I use -v npci=0x2000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1 rootless=0 .

Im trying to understand why it loads sometimes while other times it gives errors.

My system is MSI Godlike
Gigabyte 980Ti G1
Intel 750 series Nvme 800GB Windows
Intel 750 series Nvme 400GB Hackintosh

The drivers I have are
FSInject-64
HFSPlus
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

The kexts are
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AHCIPortInjector
AppleHDA
FakePCID_XHCIMux
FakePCID
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagment
NVMeGeneric
USB_injector x99
VoodooTSCSync

This is a video of it loading OK

And here it is loading with errors

you may have to change some things as this guide is specifically for the gigabyte x99 ud4 motherboard

should not have any problems with app store. I don't use imessage so I dont know if that works maybe someone else can confirm. But app store works over here.

Thanks @malki

I got everything to work. All I ended up needing to do was use the nullethernet.kext and the ssdt patch by @RehabMan. After doing that and going through the "how to fix iMessage" post for the MLB/SN/ROM, I was able to get the App Store and iMessage working. Because I do not have an ethernet adapter and use only WiFi, these steps were necessary to work. I'm sure if I had ethernet available then it would have all worked out the box.

Thanks again!

Hello malki & all

I notice this today :
while running handbrake, mu cpu is not all the time @4Ghz, the Frequency is constantly changing.
Does it mean I got a problem ? How can I fix it ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 11.52.39.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 11.52.39.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 115
Hello malki & all

I notice this today :
while running handbrake, mu cpu is not all the time @4Ghz, the Frequency is constantly changing.
Does it mean I got a problem ? How can I fix it ?

Thanks

add fakecpu id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back