Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to install 10.11.5! I got over the "Essentials.pkg" error - while installing - by booting with flag: -no-zp

Hi @malki & all
Quick update for my success with clean 10.11.5 install using latest clover bootloader
system - in my signature
drivers -> test2.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (and the usual stuff)
kext & config.plist -> from my thread about clean 10.11.4 install
Audio -> ON BOARD is working !!! but you need VoodooHDA-2.8.8 (noting else is needed). After installing VoddoHDA you MUST configure it to eliminate the noise from mic to the speakers and to enable the mic to work (tested with regular line out, digital out and mic in - works like charm... finally "clean solution for x99 and ACL 1150 sound) - if you have issues to configure don't give up
look at the zip with my configurations

Attachments

• Voodoo-config.zip
    349.2 KB · Views: 107
Hi all
I want to report that I get good performance (multicore ~19000, stock speed) by just using the FakeCPUID = 0x0306E0 and clock speed config - The initial assumption that the bad performance is due to XCHI, EHCI, AHCI stuff on the x99 is not true anymore (at least with 10.11.5).

Hi @malki & all
Quick update for my success with clean 10.11.5 install using latest clover bootloader
system - in my signature
drivers -> test2.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (and the usual stuff)
kext & config.plist -> from my thread about clean 10.11.4 install
Audio -> ON BOARD is working !!! but you need VoodooHDA-2.8.8 (noting else is needed). After installing VoddoHDA you MUST configure it to eliminate the noise from mic to the speakers and to enable the mic to work (tested with regular line out, digital out and mic in - works like charm... finally "clean solution for x99 and ACL 1150 sound) - if you have issues to configure don't give up
look at the zip with my configurations

nice!

Hi all
I want to report that I get good performance (multicore ~19000, stock speed) by just using the FakeCPUID = 0x0306E0 and clock speed config - The initial assumption that the bad performance is due to XCHI, EHCI, AHCI stuff on the x99 is not true anymore (at least with 10.11.5).

Thanks for the update

I have a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, but not supported by El Capitan...

The thing is that it worked before with voodoohda, but no idea how to do it again.

All my outputs don't work, but, if I connect a mic in the front case connector, it works.

Any cheap recommendation for USB audio?

Here's working step by step workaround for Fast Track Ultra + El Cap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

How does your sleep/resume work? I can't figure out why the CPU doesn't run at full clock after wake-up.

I followed the guide to the letter but my OS install gets stuck at the memora allocation error

My rig
MSI x99 Godlike
MSI GTX970

I'm trying to install OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 from the store created with unibeast

Any help?

try test2.efi and add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (if this doesn't work use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)

Hello!!!
It looks like I succeed bypassing the Error allocating 0xxxx pages... memory following these instructions:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

as weird it may sound after updating the BIOS firmware my system booted 10 out of 10!

Hopefully this may help another people!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my motherboard is a Gigabyte X99P SLI, the original firmware was v2 and I updated to v22

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back