- Sep 18, 2011
- Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
- GTX 1080 Ti
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
asus x99 deluxe (ALC1150)
All is working ok, but the sound is driving me crazy. I can´t follow your method because mutibeast audio patch fails. Force close. EFI mounted, kext replaced, etc.
With voodoohda the sound worked, but after some reboots, again, bye bye sound.
Thanks to a good portion of your guide I'm currently booted from my 10.11.5 SSD with:
i7 5820K @ 4.2 GHz
GTX 980 Ti
There are currently a few issues...
1) It boots when it feels like it. Sometimes I get the AptioFix2Drv error, sometimes I don't and it boots fine. No changes in the config or Clover boot arguments.
2) The Mac Pro definition didn't work so I kept it as iMac 14,2. In fact, the only way I could boot from the actual SSD/installation was to copy everything from my Clover USB (plist, ssdt, kexts, drivers) to my SSD's EFI.
3) USB 3.0 does not show up, only USB 2.0. (related to above?)
4) I can't find this "Test2.efi" you're referring to in any of the posts so I'm unable to install additional PCIe devices.
I have a m-audio fast track ultra, but not supported by el capitan...that happens when you enable the onboard sound too. Best to just buy a usb audio device. I only use onboard audio for spdif out
1) try bios update
2) you have to follow the guide to get it to work as mac 6.1
3) usb 3.0 will show up as 2.0 until you plug in a usb 3.0 device
4) test2.efi link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/good-news-for-x99-10-11-haswell-e-el-capitan.178425/page-21
I have my latest BIOS (the thing was actually bricked out of the box until I updated it) but I might back everything up again and try a different one just to see what happens.
USB 3.0 still doesn't work even after trying various 3.0 devices. All of the ports work, including 3.0 ports, but they all register as 2.0 within System Report. As far as the 6,1 definition, do you know if that's a requirement for functional USB 3.0? My Geekbench score is only 100 points lower than his while using the iMac 14,2 definition.
Backup finished now (slow as hell with the USB 2.0) so I'll mess around.
Thanks for your guide and help!
*Edit: I was able to update to the Mac Pro 6,1 definition with no noticeable change in Geekbench score or USB functionality. It seems entirely functional and stable otherwise so I'll just be using my network to transfer any larger files for now.
I have a m-audio fast track ultra, but not supported by el capitan...
The thing is that it worked before with voodoohda, but no idea how to do it again.
All my outputs doesnt work, but if I connect a mic in the front case connector it works.
Any cheap recommendation for usb audio?
It randomly decides not to boot (one every 3-4 times), that's kind of why I use sleep. Other than that, everything works, even my 10G solarflare nic.haven't experienced that, although I don't use sleep. Are you having any other issues?
It randomly decides not to boot (one every 3-4 times), that's kind of why I use sleep. Other than that, everything works, even my 10G solarflare nic.