Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k @ 4.3ghz, 2x GTX 970, GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite Hackintosh!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99 G1
CPU
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz
Graphics
GTX-970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey, nice system by the way... Question for you because you seem to be a leader on the X99 system unlike myself who is just trying to follow along... have you been able to install any of the security updates? My system goes into system update mode after reboot, but then pauses and no progress is made during the update installation. It just freezes and nothing happens? Not sure if it's a X99 / patched kernel issue or what... Any insight or advice would greatly help. Thanks, Brian

Motherboard
Gigabyte - GA-B150M-D3H
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Gforce GTX960
Hi,
I have my X99 System up-and-running since January and I never had any problems with any update.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99 G1
CPU
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz
Graphics
GTX-970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
I have my X99 System up-and-running since January and I never had any problems with any update.

Yeah, so your installing system update like 10.10.3 or the security patches that have the Kernel overrides? So what are you doing, like installing restart or shutdown, patching the Kernel again or what? I'm lost on this...

Motherboard
GA-Z8x-UD7-B3-f5
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for this elaborate guide!
I've followed every step of this guide and have a very similar build, but i keep running into problems..
This is my first hackintosh build so help is very much appreciated!

My build:
Gigabyte X99-UD4
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor
1x EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB card
3x Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4
Samsung 1TB 840 Evo
Toshiba 3TB 7.2k
Corsair H60

I've tried all steps in the video and thread also tried alternative instructions and kext file from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html .

BIOS settings are set as advised and i've also tried to use only one or two RAM banks.

These are the bootflags i've used and the lines at which it gets stuck:
npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v

“SMC: Succesfully initialized”

npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v USBBusFix=Yes

“[PCI Configuration end, bridges 7, devices 18]”

npci=0x2000 -f -x -v

“SMC: Succesfully initialized”

npci=0x3000 -f -x -v

“Waiting on <dict ID=“0”>”

npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v

“[PCI Configuration end, bridges 7, devices 18]”

>>> Switched to kext file from other thread >>>>

“RTC: Only single RAM bank”

npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v USBBusFix=Yes maxmem=4096

“mbinit: done [64mb total pool size]”

“RTC: only single ram bank (128 bytes)”

npci=0x2000 -f -x -v cpus=1

“com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib load succeeded”

npci=0x3000 -f -x -v cpus=1

npci=0x2000 -f -x -v cpus=1 nv_disable=1

“FakeSMC: 13 preconfigured keys added”

Here are also some screenshots from the last two attempts:
View attachment 131009View attachment 131010

I hope you can help! Would very much appreciate it!
Hope i can soon join this hackintosh community :).

Thanks guys!

Jest ad
-x npci=0x2000 cpus=0 nv_disable=1 -f this 1st time
and 2nd time
npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nvda_drv=1 -f
get is os x 10.10.x

Motherboard
Gigabyte - GA-B150M-D3H
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Gforce GTX960
hi,
until now i just hat do click update =)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Colton328!

What do I choose in Multibeast after a successful installation and hard drive cloning? What kexts did you choose? My hardware is nearly identical to yours.

Also, how do I make the drive bootable since it's MBR but the partitions didn't clone with CCC. Can't X99 boot from GPT?

Thank you for this tutorial. It has helped me a lot!

My build:
Yosemite 10.10.3
i7 5820K
32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
Gigabyte X99-UD4
nVidia GTX 980

Motherboard
core 2 duo / i7 960 / xeon e5645
CPU
various
Graphics
various
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Guys

Thanks for the great post. I managed to get my x99 ud4 board running using UniBeast / MultiBeast, and patching the kernel. Thunderbolt also works - but only if I plug in the device after the system boots, but before the OS loads. So basically if I turn the pc on with a Thunderbolt drive connected (i have tried two different types - one raid and one standalone) the drives don't show up in Yosemite. I can reboot many times and it just doesn't show the Thunderbolt drives, but a Thunderbolt black magic playback device works after reboots without having to be disconnected / reconnected at any stage. If I wait for the bios to start the boot loader and plug in the Thunderbolt drive just before OS X starts loading then the drives show up when OS X is fully booted.

I have tried different pci e slots, and both Thunderbolt ports behave the same. I have bios F12 - which I find as buggy. I have 2400MHz memory, Corsair Vengeance or something like that, cost a fortune so it should run at 2400 but the board doesn't boot reliably with Profile 1 selected. also moving around in the bios is slow / lagging - changing between screens isn't quick and responsive.

basically its a clean install, using UniBeast with patch, then boot using UniBeast and copy patched kernel over and then voodootsc for the 6 core (i7 5820K) , and MultiBeast with user / DSDT free , default system definition of 3.1 , using TRIM as its a 250GB SSD, Intel NIC, no audio (audio even disabled in BIOS) as I get audio from Thunderbolt. and I added npci=0x2000 to boot flags.

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370
CPU
i9-9980
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
thanks for this reply. how is your bios set? it may be a setting I need to change in the bios.

EDIT
now I have gotten another reply someone said to change XHCI Settings. Changing XHCI mode to auto and turning off XHCI hand off seemed to fix it.

Working Pro Tools HD now Too! System works incredibly good! Better than windows!

Only thing is system seems to be running harder in OSX than in windows when idle. I can hear the fans a lot louder. Not sure if that's normal?

Can I ask what version of the motherboard is? 1.0 or 1.1? Also, what bios version?

thanks!

Never mind....got my concerns addressed.

Motherboard
ASRock x99 Extreme4
CPU
Intel i7-5820k
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a similar setup, i7-5820k and a GTX 970.

BUT I have an ASRock x99 Extreme4 mobo.

I'm completely new to the idea of a Hackintosh and I know Gigabyte has the best support with OS X. So do you think it's worth the effort to try to get this working with an ASRock board?

Thanks!

Motherboard
GA Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
I7-2600
Graphics
Nvidia GT 210
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@ OP:

I have quite the same hardware as you and i was wondering if you have overclocked your Hack yet.
And if yes, what (important) BIOS settings you used.

Many thanx in advance :0)