Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k @ 4.3ghz, 2x GTX 970, GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte - GA-B150M-D3H
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Gforce GTX960
no power step though
Does that mean the Processor will always run at full and no sleep mode is possible? Will the process get hot and consume a lot of power? How much of a problem is it not having power step?
Thanks for the tutorial, I'm sure it will come in handy when I finally get my X99 build.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820k @ 4.20GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 760 4Gb Windforce O.C.
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Is there someone with the hardware config of this post or similar that can help me to make my audio works?
Which driver with multibeast I have to choose?

I have found on page 23 of this post Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10 the procedure for multibeast but I'm new and it is not enough clear for me. Can someone explain me a much more detail procedure?

I have two monitors VS248h Asus connected through vga port and z120 logitech USB audio speakers.

Thank you for the answers.

Marco

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hey Colton328

Happy to hear of your success! I have a very similar build as yours, followed Tonymac's and your tutorial and got my build up and running too! But have an 2 issues:

First, I'm wondering if you've experienced glitchy audio (I'm using an audio interface because I do music production) and if you know of a fix for that. I've updated drivers and no luck.

The second question is have you been able to get airport up and running? those are the only two things I can't seem to fix and then I think I'm finished!

My specs:

Intel Core i7 6-Core 5820k
Corsair H110 Cooler
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
1 GTX 970 MSI
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD5 Motherboard
16GB Crucial DDR4 RAM

Motherboard
X99-ud4
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Colton.

Thanks for this post. I have almost the exact same hardware setup as you and was having difficulty. Now, I'm up and running; sound included.

One issue, however....

Though I cloned my GUID drive to an MBR partitioned drive, then installed the Nvidia web drivers and ran the MultiBeast installation (choosing DSDT Free and nothing else), my system will not boot from the Samsung EVO SSD. It just sits there at the Apple logo, then eventually halts with an icon of a slashed circle.

I'm having to boot the SSD using the MultiBeast USB every time.

Any thoughts on how to get my SSD bootable (no hanging)? I'm using the npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f flag sequence.

Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS X99-AII
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Colton.

Thanks for this post. I have almost the exact same hardware setup as you and was having difficulty. Now, I'm up and running; sound included.

One issue, however....

Though I cloned my GUID drive to an MBR partitioned drive, then installed the Nvidia web drivers and ran the MultiBeast installation (choosing DSDT Free and nothing else), my system will not boot from the Samsung EVO SSD. It just sits there at the Apple logo, then eventually halts with an icon of a slashed circle.

I'm having to boot the SSD using the MultiBeast USB every time.

Any thoughts on how to get my SSD bootable (no hanging)? I'm using the npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f flag sequence.

Thanks!

If you can boot using the UniBeast drive boot not from your system drive it usually means you have installed/altered some kexts in S/L/E.

What you could do is sort the files in S/L/E by date, thus finding the ones you altered with Multibeast. Go to the unibeast drive and locate those kexts in its -hidden- SLE folder. Drag them to your desktop and install them using kext wizard. Then erase your Extra-folder.
Now you should be back with a clean install, and need to run Multibeast again. Make sure to only install the correct drivers and you should be good to go.

Motherboard
Dell optiplex 980
CPU
i7 870
Graphics
gt 1030
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Geekbench in OSX 10.0.1 http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1509989 (This is @ 4.3ghz)

The Unibeast settings are in the video. You have to copy over the patched kernel AFTER installing OS X.

In multibeast, I believe I used...
-TRIM Patch
-VooDooTSCSync 6 Cores (included in video I linked)
-NullCPUPowerManagement
-RealTekRTL81xx

Of course, you'll need NVIDIA web drivers for 9xx cards. Install the web drivers in safe mode with graphics acceleration disabled (of course.) Really laggy.

That's all I remember ever installing. Don't install Intel generic AHCI SATA, IOACHIBlockstorageinjector, or USB 3.0 kext. They would cause the system not to boot. My USB 3.0 ports work fine without it.

Was rendering videos in Adobe Premire, the system flew through everything with graphics acceleration.

1. No, I think it works out of the box http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/102506-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-works.html

2. I installed OS X with all my SSDs plugged in, and Windows 8.1 installed, perfectly fine.

3. Yes, of course. Plug them in the same GPU.

No issues or complaints with this board after BIOS update. X99 is a new platform, so issues were expected, and they were ironed out accordingly.

Sorry, I don't know how to help you :(

Try the "-f" startup parameter, that fixed a lot of issues for me.

You could try clover boot loader, not sure. I stick with chameleon because it's what I know and it works.

Have not heard of this issue. Are both GPUs recognized in OS X?

Which is the power supply that you use on the RIG?

Motherboard
X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU
AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X
Graphics
Radeon RX 5500 XT GAMING X 8G
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried everything to boot Mavericks or Yosemite from USB and it didn't work after typing -v it loads many lines of words and stop with blank screen and the Pc freezes

I got:
Gigabyte X99-UD4 BIOS F11
core i7 5820K
Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB (4 X 4GB) DDR4 3000MHz
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 2gb
SSHD Seagate 1TB
WD Caviar Blure 1TB

it tried to restore the BIOS version to F6, F7, F8, F9, F10
also nothing

otherwise i got another pc with GB H61M - core i3 - 8 gb ddr3
it works fine booting Yosemite either Mavericks

Please tell me what to do

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am curious what graphics driver you are using? I am trying to track down Adobe Premiere users on Yosemite who are NOT getting the crazy graphics glitches. These seem to be happening on both Hackintoshes and legitimate Macs. You mentioned that you were having no issues in Premiere, so I am checking to see if you're on the web driver or the stock one? Thanks!

Just in case you aren't seeing them (lucky!), here's what they look like: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6940086

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus X99-A USB3.1
CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey,

I also purchased the GA-X99-UD4 and also got Yosemite up and running. As of now my biggest issue is the fact that ALC 1150 Codec is not recognised by OS X. In his post colton mentioned that audio can be fixed. I tried the Guide in this forum but I had to abort because DPCIManager told me that my Audio Devices don't have any Codecs.

I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me how to enable the codec on my pc.

Motherboard
GA-X99-Gaming 5P
CPU
i7-5820K OC @ 4.25 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia Titan Xp
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does that mean the Processor will always run at full and no sleep mode is possible? Will the process get hot and consume a lot of power? How much of a problem is it not having power step?
Thanks for the tutorial, I'm sure it will come in handy when I finally get my X99 build.

Yes, the frequency will stay at max, but the current draw is still managed from system BIOS. I measured power in Windows versus OSX and the difference is only about 10-15 watt power at idle with no background apps running. However, any light application like internet browser makes the difference even smaller. I don't worry about it at all.

I suppose if you were trying to create a Mac Mini sized hackintosh with a Haswell-E, then it may be problematic, but then I don't think anyone is going to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.