Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k @ 4.3ghz, 2x GTX 970, GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99m Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Did someone use a GA-X99-Gaming 5 for his build ? The install works (with npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v ) but the system hangs always while the first boot (npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -v) at the end..... It doesn´t metter witch boot options i use..... I´ve already tryed many different ways.... (rampage...., tonymac, roche...)

This are my specs:

Intel Core i7 6-Core 5820k w/Hyperthreading (Haswell-E)
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 5 Motherboard
32GB Crucial DDR4 RAM
2x GTX 970 Gigabyte WindForce Cards
Corsair 750 Case
Corsair H105 Cooler
Toshiba 256GB SSD
LG Blueray

I use the latest bios from Gigabyte. Which settings are necessary here? I would be grateful for any tip!

I had to change the SMBIOS settings to Macpro5,1 temporarily using Clover configurator running the web driver for my GTX 950 card and rebooting. It should remove the nv_disable=1 flag from your boot arguments and add nvda-drv=1 flag and boot without issue.

If it does you may have the wrong web driver installed.

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Graphics
GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I have very similar build, question is how did you get Thunderbolt Display to work? Also, would my GPU be able to run in SLi both in OSX and Windows? Need it only for After Effects, 3ds Max and Vray.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 ATX LGA2011-3

MEMORY: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
STORAGE 1: 2 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (one for os x other for windows)
STORAGE 2: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: 2 X EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)
DISPLAY: Apple Thunderbolt 27-inch

Hi Dstrams, I would like to ask you, what kind of case you fit in this board with this cooler?
How much noise you get from this build ?

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4P
CPU
Graphics
GTX1060
I have almost the same setup:

GA-X99-UD4P, i7-5820k and GTX 960. Everything seems to work fine but...I still get a random number of "Unsynchronized TSC for cpu x" messages even with voodootscsync.kext

I think it's affecting my cpu performance. In both, Windows 10 x64 and MacOS X 10.10.5 I get almost exactly the same single core performance result in GeekBench 3...but multicore results are almost 3000 points higher in Windows.

I checked the cpu real speed in MacOS X using Intel Power Gadget, and both systems are running at the same speed.

Any idea?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've never built a hackintosh before, but I'm doing some research now for a friend. Is it possible to upgrade your version of OS X through the app store on a hackintosh, or should it be done through a USB and bootloader?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS X99/USB3.1
CPU
I7 5820K
Graphics
GTX 1070 G1 GAMING
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can I make it works with a Quadro or AMD Firepro?

• X99 - don't know model yet
  • Nvidia Quadro/ AMD FirePro
  • 16GB RAM
  • EVO 850 250GB

I want to know opinions first before I buy any hardware... How is the compatibility of X99 with hackintosh today?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 970
Is anybody using this same setup (X99-UD4, 5820K, 16GB ram, 970GTX) having crashes using internet / youtube sometimes?
In this thread we were discussing this glitch that occurs sometimes, but we still don't know what causes it.
In general Yosemite works good on this setup, but has some issues whith ethernet/internet causing the system to total freeze. I'd like to figure out what causes it. El Capitan doesn't have it apparently..

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI X99A Godlike Carbon
CPU
Intel 6850k
Graphics
Dual EVGA GTX 780 ti
A lot of people have been wondering if Hackintosh works on the X99 Platform. I have successfully setup Yosemite on my GA-X99-UD4 build with dual GTX 970s - both being recognized - along with a 5820k, SSD, 16GB DDR4 of RAM and more.

What's working: Full CPU performance (no power step though), Ethernet, both GTX 970s are recognized with full hardware acceleration (and CUDA support on both GPUs), App store/iMessages etc, all USB ports, all connected storage devices (3 SSDs, 2 hard drives.)

What's not working: onboard audio (can be fixed, but I use cinema display's audio)

The build:
Intel Core i7 6-Core 5820k w/Hyperthreading @ 4.3ghz (Haswell-E)
Corsair H110 Cooler
Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (Yosemite drive)
Corsair Air 540 Case
2x GTX 970 Gigabyte WindForce Cards
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 Motherboard
16GB Crucial DDR4 RAM

Installation:
Follow this video tutorial:
[video=youtube;cx_RD7CduDM]

To install OS X, you just need the very basis of OS X to install. To boot the installation drive, I had to use
npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v
^ there may be more, I forgot, but I am certain of those.

To boot OS X after installing, you want to follow the youtube tutorial exactly. That includes copying over the modified kernel before booting OS X. To boot OS X, you need to use npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, -f -v. Install NVIDIA web drivers from here. You can then reboot with npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f. From here, use Multibeast to install the kexts for your hardware.

Most everything works out of the box. Don't go crazy on the kexts. A DSDT is not required - sleep even works without it.

Everyone's system is different. But you will need NVIDIA's web drivers if you have a GTX 970, 980 or 780 Ti.

Pictures:

Yosemite specs:
udVgwQ4.png

Both GPUs are recognized:
G6HlqVy.png

All 12 threads are put to use:
swOafm9.png

The Machine, "Hackbox Pro"
Jjt0Fd7.jpg

It's cool in here!
ZXdEIC5.jpg

I love my pixels! (taken in windows)
guTFZVw.jpg

This thing knows no lag, everything is instant and smooth. Yosemite is a bit of a RAM hog, using 7GB RAM just with 4 tabs open in safari and iTunes. I'd suggest 16GB for extra caching and more speed. Yosemite really uses the extra RAM, unlike Windows.

Notes:
-Update the BIOS on this motherboard ASAP...Mine came with the first version, extremely buggy. Latest version has no issues to report.
-You can install NVIDIA CUDA drivers. Applications that take advantage of CUDA cores can take advantage of both GPUs for maximum performance...And it flies!
-The 5820k hits about 50C on average under 100% stress...At 4.3ghz. I should be able to get at least 4.5ghz, but do not care at the time.
-I always recommend having separate drives for OS X and Windows. I bought two SSDs - one specifically for OS X, one specifically for Windows. Crucial is a great brand.

I will help anyone who needs it if your specs are similar to mine. Post below!

Not matter what I'm constantly stuck on the Apple Screen just before installation. Can anyone lend advice as to what this could be? Verbose method runs into black screen. ive used npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, dart=0, PCIRootUID=0, nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, -v, -x, -f, cpu=1, updated bios, turned on vt-d, and other recommended settings, ran optimized settings.

Is it a case of UniBeast not being compatible with my hardware? kexts not up to date with my hardware?

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
msi X99A sli plus
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 980ti Windforce
Geekbench in OSX 10.0.1 http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1509989 (This is @ 4.3ghz)

The Unibeast settings are in the video. You have to copy over the patched kernel AFTER installing OS X.

In multibeast, I believe I used...
-TRIM Patch
-VooDooTSCSync 6 Cores (included in video I linked)
-NullCPUPowerManagement
-RealTekRTL81xx

Of course, you'll need NVIDIA web drivers for 9xx cards. Install the web drivers in safe mode with graphics acceleration disabled (of course.) Really laggy.

That's all I remember ever installing. Don't install Intel generic AHCI SATA, IOACHIBlockstorageinjector, or USB 3.0 kext. They would cause the system not to boot. My USB 3.0 ports work fine without it.

Was rendering videos in Adobe Premire, the system flew through everything with graphics acceleration.

1. No, I think it works out of the box http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/102506-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-works.html

2. I installed OS X with all my SSDs plugged in, and Windows 8.1 installed, perfectly fine.

3. Yes, of course. Plug them in the same GPU.

No issues or complaints with this board after BIOS update. X99 is a new platform, so issues were expected, and they were ironed out accordingly.

Sorry, I don't know how to help you :(

Try the "-f" startup parameter, that fixed a lot of issues for me.

You could try clover boot loader, not sure. I stick with chameleon because it's what I know and it works.

Have not heard of this issue. Are both GPUs recognized in OS X?

Hi Colton,

I was just wondering what MultiBeast quick start option you chose?

Cheers

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Onboard Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I was thinking of doing a build that is described in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/195668/

Here are the proposed CPU, Motherboard, and GPU:
• CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2683 v4 (16 cores/32 threads, and only around $400-$500!)
• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 (just like your system)
• GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Ti (reference card)

Below are my questions:
A lot of people have been wondering if Hackintosh works on the X99 Platform. I have successfully setup Yosemite on my GA-X99-UD4 build with dual GTX 970s - both being recognized - along with a 5820k, SSD, 16GB DDR4 of RAM and more.
1) Does the processor matter - will the Xeon work? If not, then can I just follow this thread's installation instructions because we have the same motherboard?

What's working: Full CPU performance (no power step though), Ethernet, both GTX 970s are recognized with full hardware acceleration (and CUDA support on both GPUs), App store/iMessages etc, all USB ports, all connected storage devices (3 SSDs, 2 hard drives.)
Most everything works out of the box. Don't go crazy on the kexts. A DSDT is not required - sleep even works without it.
2) Does El Capitan pose any difficulties with what's listed above as working (I think I've heard that sleep isn't working with X99)? How about Sierra?

To boot OS X after installing, you want to follow the youtube tutorial exactly. That includes copying over the modified kernel before booting OS X. To boot OS X, you need to use npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, -f -v. Install NVIDIA web drivers from here. You can then reboot with npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f. From here, use Multibeast to install the kexts for your hardware.
3) What is kernel patching (in a nutshell), and do we do it because of the CPU or because of the motherboard's chipset?

Thank you so, so, so much for your help! I'm so excited :D
-Axymis

Status
Not open for further replies.