Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 780
This is my second post here, I'm coming from China, New to Hackintosh and this is my first build.
I want to say many thanks to those guys who posted their procedures so that I can read and follow.
Of course, I should thank to the people who made these softwares that makes install a MacOS in PC becoming possible. Thank you!:thumbup:

My build:
CPU: Intel 4790k
Mother board: GA-Z97X-UD5H
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8Gbx2
Monitor: Dell U2414H
Hard Drive: Samsung 840pro 256GB

OK,now I'm start to write my install process, including the problems when I install Mavericks.
I'll write this in chronological order. Hope that I could do some help here.
My English is not good, If you find anything hard to understand, please let me know.
I'm trying to write this as simple as possible.

1. Make a Unibeast USB drive with Mavericks 10.9.4
I'm using the newest version of Unibeast 4.0.2 and Multibeast 6.4.1

2. Bios setup
  • Update the BIOS version to F8, using a FAT32 USB drive. You can find the BIOS file here:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4950#bios
NOTE: My Z97 is ver1.0 and there is a Ver1.1, the difference is:Audio Noise Guard with LED path lighting. I'm not sure what is this function doing, but it seems not big deal for build.
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Peripherals>xHCI Mode>Auto
  • Peripherals>xHCI Hand-off>ENABLED
  • Peripherals>EHCI Hand-off>ENABLED (Actually I didn't enable this when I install Mavericks, but my PC still works fine, after installation OSX, I turned this thing on anyway, because everybody did this;))
  • Peripherals>Internal Graphics>DISABLED
  • Power Management>Wake on Lan>DISABLED
  • BIOS Features>VT-d>DISABLED
  • BIOS Features>Boot Mode Selection>Legacy
  • Save and Exit

3.Install
When PC reset itself, press F12 and choose boot from USB drive.
Press ENTER with no flags.

Here comes my first problem, I almost quit install Hackintosh because of this. When I hit ENTER to begging installation, I saw a gray background with a APPLE logo on it, then the Monitor has no signal. I tried to use -x, -v, etc almost every flag, still black screen. After all, I found that if I turn off U2414H and turn it on again, it works,,,,, then I found out that because I use DP 1.2 mode of this Monitor. So if you guys who has this monitor connected PC with DP-miniDP with a 1.2 mode, better TURN THAT THING OFF.)

Install the Mavericks, and restart with -x flag.(I didn't use -x at the first time because I forgot to, but I still can go to the desktop, but for safety reason, better use -x I guess.)

Start Multibeast,
MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-08-12 08:06:36-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard SupportDrivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM PatchDrivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor ApplicationDrivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS ResetBootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - DesktopCustomize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System De
finitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 6,1Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

When install complete, restart computer, I found I have no sound at all.
Then I followed this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

1. Install audio enabler kext (once for each new install)
    1. Download kext:
      1. HDAEnabler1.kext.zip
      2. HDAEnabler2.kext.zip
    2. Move kext to Desktop
    3. Run KextBeast: Downloads - tonymacx86.com
    4. Restart

SOUND WORKS!

Now everything seems good, I also installed the new Nvidia Web Drive for my GTX780.
--------------------------------------------
Later I installed Windows 8.1 to another SSD.
You can find a post about how to install both system.

This is it, Happy Hackintosh!

I found out that because I use DP 1.2 mode of this Monitor. So if you guys who has this monitor connected PC with DP-miniDP with a 1.2 mode, better TURN THAT THING OFF.)

Hmm... that's bad if you have a 4k monitor. I believe DP is required for 4k at 60Hz.

hello guys!
i have this motherboard. I did all the instructions as written in the first post of this topic. I configured and updated bios, I made USB flash drive using Unibeast. Now, when I try to boot from a flash drive and install my hakintosh I get a gray screen and Apple logo, after a while the screen goes blank and more images will not appear. I tried to turn on and turn off the monitor - it has not produced results. monitor is connected to DVI external video card to Geforce 660.

Hello.
Who has problems with a sound after a sleep on this motherboard?
There is a decision how to cure?

Hello!
I made a very similar build as yours and your post was extremely helpful.
So first of all, thanks for putting the time and effort in writing this post.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Did you add any hard drives to your build?
(I'm having trouble adding a 3TB storage HDD w/ a SATA port.)

2. Did you get HDMI audio to work?

Thank you in advance.

@cmd-S

try the hard disk into several partitions with max 1TB per partition set up, then the disk should also be recognized.

Hi, I have the exact same build(among of 3 others, based on i7 3770 and z77x ud5h), and followed your guide step by step, and it works, thanks!

I tried earlier few different other guides, and failed. Looking back I think the main thing was to uncheck in Multibeast generate CPU states. I found out that in most guides they use quick start, which have this enabled by default. And i7-4790k is known to have problems with turbo boost in mac osx - so some say to disable this in Bios.
Until I unchecked "generate cpu states" (and maybe some other things) I was always getting cpu caller 0 error at the boot.

I tried Yosemite before, and it didn't work, I guess maybe because of the same reason?
If you try Yosemite with success, please post it!

thanks for the guide, I even downloaded earlier version of Multibeast to match yours :)

Hi,

I've almost the same configuration of you.
I was able to install everything and make it working.
I've tried to upgrade to 10.9.5 and now I'm stuck on Apple Grey Icon... now way to exit from this situation.
Did you upgrade your OS? Any suggestion?

My configuration is:

- Gigabyte Mod 1150 GBT Z97X-UD5H (ATX/Z97)
- INTEL Core i7-4790K - 4 GHz - socket 1150
- GeForce GTX 660 Ti
- 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
- Corsair RM650
- 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA

Thanks

[UPDATE] Now, the upgraded system boot but after the grey apple screen the screen become black and the monitor loose the signal.I've tried different monitor and different cables.
Now I'm using a HP F2105 with a DVI-D Cable/Connector.

I've tried almost any option at boot, like
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No PCIRootUID=Yes/No IGPEnabler=Yes/No
I've tried also some Mode option (1280x1024x32, 1920x1080x32 and 1680x1050x60). But no one worked :( :banghead:
The optimal resolution, form the manufacturer, should be 1680x1050x60.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not sure if the issues you have are the same as mine, but I used the following flags to get my system boot up in the beginning. If you get a chance to boot into the OS, make sure to install the proper driver for the GPU to avoid kernel panics.

-x, GraphicsEnabler=No, maxmem=4096

Also, here are the BIOS settings I changed and have proven to work with my system.

vt-D → Disabled
XHCI mode → Auto
Intel Processor Graphics → Disabled
XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
EHCI Hand-off → Enabled
Wake on LAN → Disabled
PCH LAN Controller → Enabled
OnBoard LAN Controller → Enabled
Audio Controller → Enabled

I updated my system to 10.9.5 and has been stable.
Good Luck!

Hi TS..

Can you verify if the audio jack out on the monitor working, because I got the same monitor and mine not working with either displayport or dvi->hdmi which both work on windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back